brown bleeding and cramps, am I in trouble?

Alexc844

Reaction score
So, I tested at 8 dpo and got my first BFP. I tested again at 9 dpo and got another positive. I went to my doctor yesterday, (9 dpo, I'm guessing around almost 4 weeks along) for a blood test. She confirmed the pregnancy, but followed up with telling me my Hcg was at 34 (since it is so early in the game, I wasn't too concerned). She wants me to repeat the blood test on Monday.

I've had light brown bleeding for 4 days, and mild cramping. I don't bleed enough to fill up a panty liner, but last night it got a little darker. This morning is lighter again, but more abundant.

I took another frer test this morning, and got a darker positive than yesterday.

Should I be worried? This is our first pregnancy following an ectopic and i feel like I'm really paranoid.

Any time you have bleeding and cramping together is cause for alarm. However, it can also be completely normal. What do the cramps feel like, is it unbearable or like mild period cramps? I have had some brown spotting twice before this week and then for the past couple of days. For me there is no red, but what I am being told is it can be normal for some women. I had an ultrasound earlier this week and baby was doing great.

Good luck sweetie :hugs:. I hope there is nothing but great news in your future.

Any time you have bleeding and cramping together is cause for alarm. However, it can also be completely normal. What do the cramps feel like, is it unbearable or like mild period cramps? I have had some brown spotting twice before this week and then for the past couple of days. For me there is no red, but what I am being told is it can be normal for some women. I had an ultrasound earlier this week and baby was doing great.

Good luck sweetie :hugs:. I hope there is nothing but great news in your future.

Thank you! The cramping is very mild. Much lighter than my typical AF cramps. There hasn't been any pink or red discharge, just the light and dark brown.

I'm happy to hear that your little bean is doing great! How far along are you?

I had an early miscarriage after some bleeding and cramping but my tests were getting lighter not darker so that's more of a positive for you.

Your hcg needs to double every 48 hours so as long as it goes up its good!

That sounds normal to me sweetie. I know its worrying with the mild cramps and brown spotting. I was told that sometimes women spot brown discharge and they honestly have no idea why it happens. I do know though, that its happening on and off to me and my baby is doing great!

I am currently 8 weeks and 4 days along!

As for the mild cramps, could be the uterus stretching. Is this your first baby? I can't remember if you said so or not.

That sounds normal to me sweetie. I know its worrying with the mild cramps and brown spotting. I was told that sometimes women spot brown discharge and they honestly have no idea why it happens. I do know though, that its happening on and off to me and my baby is doing great!

As for the mild cramps, could be the uterus stretching. Is this your first baby? I can't remember if you said so or not.

That's very reassuring, thank you! Yes, this will be our first! We are over the moon :D

Just in case you did not see it, I am 8 weeks and 4 days!
Congratulations by the way!!!

It's always a worry when you bleed early in pregnancy but having had a previous ectopic I was terrified this time around when I bled like a period for a week and my test got darker. Because we have had previous EP we are at a higher risk for another and close monitoring is needed. That being said I saw the heartbeat last week and felt tremendous relief because with my previous EP my levels rose appropriately and it wasn't discovered until 8 weeks:-( Hopefully your levels will double and then the heartbeat will be heard in the near future so you can relax and enjoy being pregnant. Fingers crossed all goes well for you!

It's always a worry when you bleed early in pregnancy but having had a previous ectopic I was terrified this time around when I bled like a period for a week and my test got darker. Because we have had previous EP we are at a higher risk for another and close monitoring is needed. That being said I saw the heartbeat last week and felt tremendous relief because with my previous EP my levels rose appropriately and it wasn't discovered until 8 weeks:-( Hopefully your levels will double and then the heartbeat will be heard in the near future so you can relax and enjoy being pregnant. Fingers crossed all goes well for you!

Thank you! I had a ruptured ectopic last July, so this has definitely been nerve wracking! Luckily, they want to schedule an early ultrasound so make sure little bean implanted in the right place this time. So, hopefully my fears will subside relatively soon. Hopefully my numbers come back good today so I can get it scheduled.

As long as it's brown and not red! But I know that it can be scary. Are you still cramping?

Hoping your numbers go up! Keep us posted Hun :)

As long as it's brown and not red! But I know that it can be scary. Are you still cramping?

Hoping your numbers go up! Keep us posted Hun :)

The cramping and spotting have stopped, and my numbers on Monday went up to 276! So, I think all is well! :D

I'm having an ultrasound on April 4th to make sure it's not another ectopic. I'll be just over 7 weeks :)

That sounds normal :). I went though that around 5 weeks with mild cramping and spotting, and my baby is happy and healthy with a strong heartbeat. If it was a miscarriage, you would probably know, and your gut would tell you to get straight to the doctor ASAP. Mine did with my first, at least c:. But if there isn't any clots, heavy red bleeding that's constantly heavy or getting heavier, and no extreme cramping, then I think you're fine c:. If need be, though, go to the doctor and have Beta work done. That should tell you if your hormones are doubling like they should, or falling (meaning a miscarriage).

Edit: This is late, I'm sorry ^^'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->