Brown cm at 5 weeks...normal?!!

mrscupcake

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm 5 weeks 2 days pregnant and I've just gone to the loo this evening and notices small amount of brown cm on wiping. I've got 2 other children and never had this before. I've not had any cramping today and still have sore boobs and nausea. We BD'd the night before last could it have been from that? Could it still be a miscarriage? So nervous.

Well, at this stage it could be any number of things. The fact that you are so early and this is brown makes me think this is just implantation bleeding that has worked it's way out finally. Brown means it's been exposed to oxygen so it's older blood, not fresh stuff and that's certainly encouraging. If it is IB, it's totally normal to have it even up to 6 weeks as it can take a bit to finally come out.

Also, if you had sex recently it could be from that as well. The cervix is swollen and easily irritated during early pregnancy so it's not uncommon for women to see some spotting after intimacy.

But it's still scary to see. Believe me I know-I have a clotting disorder that causes bleeding even with my successful pregnancies. As hard as it is to do, try to relax the best you can. The odds are very much in your favor yet and it's likely this is just something benign.

Hi everyone. I'm 5 weeks 2 days pregnant and I've just gone to the loo this evening and notices small amount of brown cm on wiping. I've got 2 other children and never had this before. I've not had any cramping today and still have sore boobs and nausea. We BD'd the night before last could it have been from that? Could it still be a miscarriage? So nervous.

Hiya I felt exact same I'm 8 weeks now and still getting brown on the tissue some days then not others . I started with it on the day my period was due so I thought that was coming . I still have it midwife says it's old implantation blood and not to worry it's normal but like you say previous pregnancy never had it . Long as it's not bright red or pain try not to think too much about it x

I would guess IB! I was about 4-5 weeks when I had mine. As long as it's brown and now red :)

Also, bleeding after sex is completely normal. Even if it's red. I always have a couple spots of red just because my uterus is so low.

:)

With both of my pregnancies I had brown cm around 5 weeks. Mine lasted a few days - hope it eases for you soon.

Thank you so much for all your advice and reassurance! It doesn't seem to be there this morning but I feel very sickly and light headed so hopefully that's a good sign. I really did panic when I saw it yesterday! Your comments have helped though. I'll just keep an eye on it. I seem to be worrying a lot more this time than when I was pregnanct with my DC. I think I just worry the more I have the more likely for a miscarriage. I feel so sad for anyone who has had to go through that. Xx

I just posted a similar thread because I had spotting as well this morning. It was pink once and brown once and nothing more since then. I am 4w5d and having a bit of cramping as well so it's hard to know how concerned to be. I hope so much that things work out for you (and myself). It's a scary thing to see without a doubt. Although it does seem to lead to miscarriage in some women there are lots others for whom it seems like a normal part of a healthy pregnancy so I hope all is fine. <3

I just posted a similar thread because I had spotting as well this morning. It was pink once and brown once and nothing more since then. I am 4w5d and having a bit of cramping as well so it's hard to know how concerned to be. I hope so much that things work out for you (and myself). It's a scary thing to see without a doubt. Although it does seem to lead to miscarriage in some women there are lots others for whom it seems like a normal part of a healthy pregnancy so I hope all is fine. <3

Aww I think it's a good sign it's stopped! Mine has stopped too! Also the fact it's not bright red. Sending you lots of sticky baby dust xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->