Brown discharge 3 DPO and never have spotting prior to AF?

chickenmonkey

Reaction score
Im a new member although I've been stalking the pages for answers to my own questions for a long time. My body has finally puzzled me well enough that I need imput from other mums!

My cycle is 32 days exactly, often to the hour. I never have spotting but have a lot of strong PMS symptoms: tender breasts, cramping 1-2 days before AF comes.
Monday I took OPK test morning and night and was negative. Tuesday evening took the test around 6pm and was positive. We DTD that night. I tested Wednesday and was negative so I was pretty sure we caught the right day. That would make me 3dpo when my symptoms started.
Friday morning I noticed my breasts were getting tender (normal) then at work I started getting slight cramps (not normal). When I got home I found brown discharge. This isn't just spotting, it's every wipe and enough I need to use a liner. By bed time it had turned a slight pinker color but still a lot of brown. Then I couldn't hold my eyes open by 9pm and slept 11 hours :o
The other thing is that we DTD Saturday morning and I could've ovulated that day which would put me 6 dpo and the test caught my surge after O?

The thing that bothers me the most is that I NEVER have spotting prior to a cycle and especially not this much. I also NEVER have cramping before a few days prior to AF.

What does this sound like to you?

I forgot to mention that I took an OPK test last night and it was positive again. I will take one later and see if it stays positive.
My OPK tests in the past were often light positive day before and positive day of then done.

I can't really help you. I am also having "spotting". AF ended on the 14th, and then on the 18th, I had bright red on my toilet paper. It's enough to leave a few drops on a pad. It's a bit more than spotting, but not heavy like a period. Now it is brownish and mixed with cm. I'm not sure what's going on with me either. But I am willing to be confused with you until you get your answers! :hugs:

Ha! Well we can wait together! :)

I took 2 more OPK's just now and both positive. :/
I also dipped a pregnancy and there was a tiny, tiny light little itty bitty line...so I'm taking that as a NO and I'm really, really pushing it.

Alright so I was in the bathroom and trying to hide all the tests I took (trying to prevent the obsessed much question lol) and saw the test I took earlier today was now positive 100%. It has been about an hour since that test. So of course, I wanted to take another one and this is what it looked like at the 5 minute mark. I'm thinking I had my O wrong and might be pregnant. However, I'm scared the discharge and cramping may not be a good sign. :(

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/LEMANY13/Number%202/7-21-12.jpg
This pic is just 5 minutes after dipped

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/LEMANY13/Number%202/7-20and7-21-12.jpg
Top test is about an hour ago
Bottom test is yesterday

What'cha think?

I'm not sure as I"m kinda new to this. But they say not to read a test after 10 minutes. However with my oldest son, when I took a hpt, it had a faint line like your top one. I didn't believe it, so I took two more, which also had very faint lines. Maybe wait a few days and take another to see if it gets any darker?

And I believe I have also heard of people getting positive on opk's when they are pregnant as well.

The first test above is the 5 min mark. The other two were more than 10 minutes. With my son I remember taking 5 tests because it was so faint so I called the 1-800 number and it said it's positive. I'm about to go get a couple more tests and go from there. But if I have bfp then i ovulated at a totally abnormal time.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/LEMANY13/Number%202/07-21-122.jpg
I guess that answers that. But now I'm wondering about the brown discharge... :/

AHHHH!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! :happydance: Congrats! When you schedule your appointment, tell them about it. Maybe they'll get ya in sooner and give you some answers.

Hi I had this to about a week and a half ago. I was waiting to try but we were charting O really for when we started trying and ovulated at a really odd time very very early and my OPKS and CBFM didn't pick it up but my temperatures chart did and said CD12 when I usually O on CD17-19.

I started having exactly what you have described and thought that my AF was coming on early at 6pdo and this lasted for 7 days it was exactly how my AF usually started and I have quite heavy periods I also had red aswell as the pink and brown and i had to use a pantyliner aswell as it was kinda heavy. Im sure this must have been implantation but it was alot heavier than I expected it to be and I never had any bleeding at all with my DD. It eventually stopped completely about a week ago and I have been taking pg tests every couple of days to make sure baby was still there and it just kept getting darker and darker.

I also did an OPK on 6dpo as that would be around when I usually O and wasnt even sure if I had yet or not and it was a blaring positive but as i had also done a pg test to rule that out as a cause for the bleeding that also had a very faint line so the OPK must have been showing positive because of the HCG too.

Try not to worry and I hopr it stops soon xx

Hi I had this to about a week and a half ago. I was waiting to try but we were charting O really for when we started trying and ovulated at a really odd time very very early and my OPKS and CBFM didn't pick it up but my temperatures chart did and said CD12 when I usually O on CD17-19.

I started having exactly what you have described and thought that my AF was coming on early at 6pdo and this lasted for 7 days it was exactly how my AF usually started and I have quite heavy periods I also had red aswell as the pink and brown and i had to use a pantyliner aswell as it was kinda heavy. Im sure this must have been implantation but it was alot heavier than I expected it to be and I never had any bleeding at all with my DD. It eventually stopped completely about a week ago and I have been taking pg tests every couple of days to make sure baby was still there and it just kept getting darker and darker.

I also did an OPK on 6dpo as that would be around when I usually O and wasnt even sure if I had yet or not and it was a blaring positive but as i had also done a pg test to rule that out as a cause for the bleeding that also had a very faint line so the OPK must have been showing positive because of the HCG too.

Try not to worry and I hopr it stops soon xx

She just got a BFP on a digital!! I'm having exactly what you describe. I have not hpt's here, so I'm going out soon to get some. Watch, mine will be BFN.... lol

Congrats!! I was having bloody discharge and I'm now in the waiting period. Hope all goes well for you.

I had these same symptoms! I am a normal 32 CD cycle. On CD 18, 11 days after AF stopped I started having brown spotting and had to use liners. This went on for 6 days and finally stopped. I was supposed to O during that time. I just got back from vacation to my lovely test strips today and figured I'd poas tomorrow morning but now I'm thinking about doing it tonight without to good urine!

Congrats on your BFP!!! fx'd for a sticky bean!!!

I bought a pink dye "Answer" hpt. The directions say to disregard any results read after 15 minutes. Well, after 5 minutes of negative, I figured it was a long shot anyway and walked away. I came back after 10 minutes to accept my negative and throw it away, and there was a very very very faint second pink line. Now I'm even more confused.

I was right at that 15 minute mark. But from what I've read, evap lines don't have color, and this one was right where it was supposed to be and it was pink. What do you think?

I just took another one and timed it more carefully. Right at 15 minutes, the faint positive line started to appear. I've tried and tried to get a pic, but I can't get a good one. They're either blurry or you just can't see it on the pic. I think I might have ovulated on the 11th. If I did, I would be 10 dpo. What do you think?

That's what mine did at first. Day before test turned positive quite some time after and then the one I took waited an hour. That's why I bought the digital, I wanted no mistakes! It popped up pregnant within 2 minutes.
Ohhhhhh jcombs I hope you are too! We could be baby buddies! :)

I'm still having brown spotting and started feeling weird UTI like symptoms so I went to stat care and they said I didn't test positive for UTI but could be the begining of one...but there was blood in my urine so they said to try to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice and if it doesn't clear up then start the antibiotics tomorrow. They did a pregnancy test and it was positive too!

That's what mine did at first. Day before test turned positive quite some time after and then the one I took waited an hour. That's why I bought the digital, I wanted no mistakes! It popped up pregnant within 2 minutes.
Ohhhhhh jcombs I hope you are too! We could be baby buddies! :)

I'm still having brown spotting and started feeling weird UTI like symptoms so I went to stat care and they said I didn't test positive for UTI but could be the begining of one...but there was blood in my urine so they said to try to drink a lot of water and cranberry juice and if it doesn't clear up then start the antibiotics tomorrow. They did a pregnancy test and it was positive too!

Yay!!!! :happydance: At this point, I'm scared to do a digi and scared to go to the doctor because I'm afraid it will be BFN. I took another test with fmu this morning, and the line was darker. I'm going to pick up a digi tomorrow and see what it says. Then I'm going to the doctor, cause this spotting is worrisome. Thank you so much for posting your problem. It's helped me a lot! I hope we can be buddies too!!

Here's a link for a pic of my tests: https://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q559/jcombs355/

Oh and the test I did this morning, the positive showed up in 5 min!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->