Brown discharge 3 DPO and never have spotting prior to AF?

She won't do a blood test until I miss a period. That's not for 15 days...

What is with these doctors??? Everyone on these forums with a problem has a doctor who won't cooperate.:growlmad:
I don't understand, don't WE pay doctors? How can they refuse to do a test that you insist on, that YOU pay for?
Something is wrong here.

It makes me upset for you when your doctor won't help you solve what's going on.:nope:

When I called my OB and told them I had a bad AF then 3 weeks later having spotting and clots they said no worries. Call a place called pregnancy solutions and asked them. They said I need to call my OB. I called my OB back and again they said no worries but I insisted something was wrong. They said they could not get me in for SIX weeks. I called another OB office and they refused to schedule me since I was not their clint and advised me to call my regular OB. I called my regular dr and he said he does not deal with OB stuff and to go to ER.
Finally after the ER I called my OB and insisted on the HCG test. They didn't want to but I said I want it done for peace of mind. The nurse said she will see what they can do...and finally approved it.

It is a joke. The blood test doesn't even take the time from the dr or interrupt his appts...I do not know why a lot of these offices believe each case is the same as the next. It's our money and our bodies.

The spotting stopped last night. Then this morning, I was so tired I forgot to collect fmu. So I took another FRER with second morning urine, and the line is so faint that I don't even think the camera can pick it up. I was sort of expecting a chemical, but it would have been nice if she would have given me a blood test and/or helped me figure this out so I didn't get my hopes up. The first FRER gave me such a beautiful line I thought for sure it was going to stick. I know this doesn't necessarily mean I'm out quite yet, but it's not a very good sign. Hopefully my urine was too diluted....

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

I really hope you are. I think that will be fantastic.

Honestly, I would make up some sort of "I'm having clots" thing and demand a blood test. Then when they ask about it say I was just overreacting or it wasn't as clotty as you thought.

The spotting stopped last night. Then this morning, I was so tired I forgot to collect fmu. So I took another FRER with second morning urine, and the line is so faint that I don't even think the camera can pick it up. I was sort of expecting a chemical, but it would have been nice if she would have given me a blood test and/or helped me figure this out so I didn't get my hopes up. The first FRER gave me such a beautiful line I thought for sure it was going to stick. I know this doesn't necessarily mean I'm out quite yet, but it's not a very good sign. Hopefully my urine was too diluted....

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

I really hope you are. I think that will be fantastic.

Honestly, I would make up some sort of "I'm having clots" thing and demand a blood test. Then when they ask about it say I was just overreacting or it wasn't as clotty as you thought.

lol. It crossed my mind, but I'm afraid they'll check first or something! Here's a link to my pics if you wanna look.

https://s1163.photobucket.com/albums/q559/jcombs355/

Yeah...when I mentioned the clotting and discharge they wanted a pap at the ER. Wouldn't that be funny?

But...didn't you already skip your AF once? Or are you counting spotting as AF? 15 more days? I think I would go nuts!!!!!!!!

Yeah...when I mentioned the clotting and discharge they wanted a pap at the ER. Wouldn't that be funny?

But...didn't you already skip your AF once? Or are you counting spotting as AF? 15 more days? I think I would go nuts!!!!!!!!

It would be funny. I'd have to be like, "Oh, did it stop? It was really bad!" lol

Yes I skipped AF in March, thought all my BFN's were wrong, so went and demanded a blood test, which was also negative. Exactly 35 days after I missed that one, I got another one, which was slightly heavier and longer than normal. This lasted July 7th - July 14th. Then 4 days after it stopped, the spotting started and lasted 8 days. It stopped last night, and no trace of it coming back yet today. No, I'm not counting the spotting as AF because I just had one, but the doctor said that's probably what it was....

But if it was AF, it sure was light, leaving only a couple drops a day on a panty liner! I've had implantation spotting before, and when this spotting first started, that's exactly what it looked like. But then it turned bright red, brown and back to bright red, which I've never had.

What is with these doctors??? Everyone on these forums with a problem has a doctor who won't cooperate.:growlmad:
I don't understand, don't WE pay doctors? How can they refuse to do a test that you insist on, that YOU pay for?
Something is wrong here.

It makes me upset for you when your doctor won't help you solve what's going on.:nope:

When I called my OB and told them I had a bad AF then 3 weeks later having spotting and clots they said no worries. Call a place called pregnancy solutions and asked them. They said I need to call my OB. I called my OB back and again they said no worries but I insisted something was wrong. They said they could not get me in for SIX weeks. I called another OB office and they refused to schedule me since I was not their clint and advised me to call my regular OB. I called my regular dr and he said he does not deal with OB stuff and to go to ER.
Finally after the ER I called my OB and insisted on the HCG test. They didn't want to but I said I want it done for peace of mind. The nurse said she will see what they can do...and finally approved it.

It is a joke. The blood test doesn't even take the time from the dr or interrupt his appts...I do not know why a lot of these offices believe each case is the same as the next. It's our money and our bodies.

That is truly outrageous. :O I don't know what is their problem?! You're paying them money, its not hurting them. We should be able to go to a lab ourselves and get blood work done without having to go through a doctor.

Something is wrong here.

That is truly outrageous. :O I don't know what is their problem?! You're paying them money, its not hurting them. We should be able to go to a lab ourselves and get blood work done without having to go through a doctor.

My husband's cousin had a thought yesterday, that they should make some kind of testing device like what diabetics use for women to test for pregnancy. I think she's onto something with that!!

Something is wrong here.

My husband's cousin had a thought yesterday, that they should make some kind of testing device like what diabetics use for women to test for pregnancy. I think she's onto something with that!!

They do! I just found out. It's called a fertility monitor and they have fertility watches.

I swear I saw something like that on Amazon.com when I was looking up OPKs. You have to buy the test strips to go with it.

That would be soooo awesome! It would be just as awesome if I could walk into a lab and ask for a blood test without needing a doctor's order.

I swear I saw something like that on Amazon.com when I was looking up OPKs. You have to buy the test strips to go with it.

Yeah you can buy them thru amazon or ebay....expensive though. $125 I believe PLUS the strips are like $40 for a month....but seemed like an amazing contraption. Since we don't have expendable funds I'll be scouring CL for one I can afford after our vacation!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...calstpos=44314&gbr=1&_fcid=1&_osacat=0&_clu=2

Yeah you can buy them thru amazon or ebay....expensive though. $125 I believe PLUS the strips are like $40 for a month....but seemed like an amazing contraption. Since we don't have expendable funds I'll be scouring CL for one I can afford after our vacation!

They are probably really neat, but they are just for predicting ovulation. Which, being able to predict that is super useful. :)

But I want a machine I could use AFTER ovulation, during the tww, to test HCG levels in my blood. Now THAT I'd spend a lot of money on!

They are probably really neat, but they are just for predicting ovulation. Which, being able to predict that is super useful. :)

But I want a machine I could use AFTER ovulation, during the tww, to test HCG levels in my blood. Now THAT I'd spend a lot of money on!

Oh heck yeah! I think we should make one. lol!

Heck yeah! I would too!!!

I'm still waiting for AF to show. I'm 3 days late. Tested, BFN (had an evap). Talk about crazy! LOL! I saw a line starting but then it faded away to gray. I just wish AF would come on so I can start on my next cycle! I don't want to waste my OPK's and use them now.

Heck yeah! I would too!!!

I'm still waiting for AF to show. I'm 3 days late. Tested, BFN (had an evap). Talk about crazy! LOL! I saw a line starting but then it faded away to gray. I just wish AF would come on so I can start on my next cycle! I don't want to waste my OPK's and use them now.

aww. I hate when AF is late - it messes up everything. :wacko:

Yeah that's what I was talking about was something to test for pregnancy, not ovulation. It would be well worth it and probably cost less than a lab would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->