Brown discharge 3 DPO and never have spotting prior to AF?

Jcombs,
What kind of bleeding did you have? I had a really painful cycle on July 2nd that gave reason to worry about me. I don't think you mentioned you had that. I mean..this was waking up at 2am and wanting to vomit from the pain - pain. And I delivered my first all natural. I don't want to give your hopes up at all....but brown discharge is normal, so is light pink discharge. Clots and changing numerous pads is not.

My HPT is negative today. :( Boo for a bad month. Good side: embryo disposed itself for reasons I won't ever know. Not what I wanted but what God knows I need.

Jcombs,
What kind of bleeding did you have? I had a really painful cycle on July 2nd that gave reason to worry about me. I don't think you mentioned you had that. I mean..this was waking up at 2am and wanting to vomit from the pain - pain. And I delivered my first all natural. I don't want to give your hopes up at all....but brown discharge is normal, so is light pink discharge. Clots and changing numerous pads is not.

It's hard to describe. When it first started, I woke up that morning with cramps like I was going to have AF. Then in the afternoon, I noticed it when I went to the bathroom and wiped. It looked exactly like implantation. It was pink and very light. Then over the next few days it went from bright red to brown. Sunday it stopped, but it came back Monday afternoon, and it's bright red. Sometimes I see clots. But even with the clots, it's not heavy at all. I've had to change my panty liner once today.

It's not soaking a pad or anything. But the bright red and the clots are disturbing. And the worst pain I've had was yesterday. Right after "pregnant" came up on the digital, I had some very bad cramps that felt like AF. It lasted a few hours then went away. Now I'm feeling "twinges." I don't know. It doesn't sound like a m/c when compared to everybody else's, but it's not something that I think is normal either!:wacko:

My HPT is negative today. :( Boo for a bad month. Good side: embryo disposed itself for reasons I won't ever know. Not what I wanted but what God knows I need.

:hugs: I wish I could really hug you. Perhaps God was making a way for you to conceive a more healthy baby. :hugs:

My painful AF was July 2nd, right on time as my regular. Then I didn't get brown discharge until 7/20 with light cramps. I told my midwife I almost think I'm farther than expected since I could feel what felt like baby kicks....twinges....as you put. I had that too and am still having it on and off.
I couldn't wait until AF to find out, I HAD to know but if I hadn't gotten a negative at the hospital, I never would've known. I would've been sitting here for a few weeks waiting to get into my first appointment not knowing I had miscarried. I'm glad I didn't go through that.
I hope the best for you JCombs....if not, our time will come. I will say the worst was telling my 5 year old mommy doesn't have the baby in my belly anymore and him asking to go where it is at and get it because he wants to be a big brother. I tell you...kids have a way with words!

Yeah that's just it with me too. I skipped AF in June, then I got what I thought was a period on July 7th. It was a bit heavier and crampier than normal. The spotting started 4 days after "AF" stopped. Now I'm questioning if that even was AF, and if I was somehow pregnant in June, despite all the negative tests, or what in the world is going on...

Then I think since I skipped June's AF, it messed with my ovulation, and I could have ovulated late or early and maybe this is implantation. Did I mention I took a digi on Sunday and it was negative. Then I took one yesterday morning and it was positive. If I had miscarried, wouldn't that Sunday test have been positive too? I'm so confused, and that stupid doctor wouldn't give me any suggestions as to what was going on with my tests. Seems like she just wanted to argue about her test being better than mine....

Awww chickenmonkey!!!! That's sad. :( Children just don't understand.

I'm going to change the subject for a moment that puts a tear in my eye. My son hasn't seen his father since he was 1. He has no idea who he is or anything. His father wouldn't come around and visit even though I tried time and time again to get him to. He signed off all rights when DS was 4. One day when my son was 5 he says: Mommy, you're going to have a baby at Christmas and I will be his daddy because I want to make sure that baby has a daddy!! Now some people I said that too says that is just sick! But they aren't looking at it from a 5 yr olds perspective that has no idea why his dad doesn't want him. He just wants to make things right for others. Needless to say, I wasn't pregnant and still haven't been since he said that. He is my only as of this moment. I think I'll wait to tell him though. I'd want to make sure as I've had m/c before I had him. I want to be certain of God's plan.

Chickenmonkey, everything will work out!!! It is devastating and I really wish I could say or do something to help you but I know there is nothing. Your LO wants a playmate and I understand that. He wants to be a big brother and I pray it happens because your family deserves it! :hug:

Well, I took a FRER last night, and it came up faint positive in one minute. This morning's line was more faint, so I'm thinking my night urine is actually better for some reason. This makes 8 positives on 3 different brands. Ummm... pretty sure they're not all evap and false positives. Some of them absolutely couldn't be because I followed the directions to the T and they came up faint positives before the time was up. Others came up positive right at the time. I honestly think those Answer brand test strips are not that great....

My question now is, if this spotting does mean miscarriage, wouldn't it have happened by now? Ugh, stupid doctor....

Well, I took a FRER last night, and it came up faint positive in one minute. This morning's line was more faint, so I'm thinking my night urine is actually better for some reason. This makes 8 positives on 3 different brands. Ummm... pretty sure they're not all evap and false positives. Some of them absolutely couldn't be because I followed the directions to the T and they came up faint positives before the time was up. Others came up positive right at the time. I honestly think those Answer brand test strips are not that great....

My question now is, if this spotting does mean miscarriage, wouldn't it have happened by now? Ugh, stupid doctor....

I have read that during a miscarriage a test could still be positive because there is still HCG in your body for a few days.
IMO you should go to a doctor who will listen to you, and demand a quantitative - not qualitative - blood test. This will tell you exactly what amount of HCG is in your blood, not just if there is some or not.
Then you could go from there to figure out what is going on. Do you have low progesterone? Progesterone is needed to keep your body from miscarrying, and it's often prescribed in early pregnancy to hang on to the baby.

I don't know. I've never had low progesterone before that I'm aware of. And the only thing with a miscarriage and the positives that confuses me is that I started spotting last Wednesday. I took one digi Sunday afternoon and it was negative. Then I got the positive one on Tuesday morning. That would mean my levels increased. If it was a miscarriage, I think they would decrease.

I don't know. I've never had low progesterone before that I'm aware of. And the only thing with a miscarriage and the positives that confuses me is that I started spotting last Wednesday. I took one digi Sunday afternoon and it was negative. Then I got the positive one on Tuesday morning. That would mean my levels increased. If it was a miscarriage, I think they would decrease.

Yes this is true. Why not get the blood test to know for sure?

She won't do a blood test until I miss a period. That's not for 15 days...

She won't do a blood test until I miss a period. That's not for 15 days...

What is with these doctors??? Everyone on these forums with a problem has a doctor who won't cooperate.:growlmad:
I don't understand, don't WE pay doctors? How can they refuse to do a test that you insist on, that YOU pay for?
Something is wrong here.

It makes me upset for you when your doctor won't help you solve what's going on.:nope:

Me too! And they treat us like we're crazy or stupid. I'm sorry, but I've been living in my body for almost 30 years, and I think I know it a little better than some idiot who thinks they know everything because they have a degree! I don't know, but I"m fairly certain that at least for now, I am pregnant.

Me too! And they treat us like we're crazy or stupid. I'm sorry, but I've been living in my body for almost 30 years, and I think I know it a little better than some idiot who thinks they know everything because they have a degree! I don't know, but I"m fairly certain that at least for now, I am pregnant.

I hope you are pregnant! :happydance:

Has the spotting stopped? If it hasn't, you should go back and demand a test. They can do things for spotting to clear it up, if only the doctor would test and figure out what's up.

The spotting stopped last night. Then this morning, I was so tired I forgot to collect fmu. So I took another FRER with second morning urine, and the line is so faint that I don't even think the camera can pick it up. I was sort of expecting a chemical, but it would have been nice if she would have given me a blood test and/or helped me figure this out so I didn't get my hopes up. The first FRER gave me such a beautiful line I thought for sure it was going to stick. I know this doesn't necessarily mean I'm out quite yet, but it's not a very good sign. Hopefully my urine was too diluted....

The spotting stopped last night. Then this morning, I was so tired I forgot to collect fmu. So I took another FRER with second morning urine, and the line is so faint that I don't even think the camera can pick it up. I was sort of expecting a chemical, but it would have been nice if she would have given me a blood test and/or helped me figure this out so I didn't get my hopes up. The first FRER gave me such a beautiful line I thought for sure it was going to stick. I know this doesn't necessarily mean I'm out quite yet, but it's not a very good sign. Hopefully my urine was too diluted....

:hugs::hugs:

Awww chickenmonkey!!!! That's sad. :( Children just don't understand.

I'm going to change the subject for a moment that puts a tear in my eye. My son hasn't seen his father since he was 1. He has no idea who he is or anything. His father wouldn't come around and visit even though I tried time and time again to get him to. He signed off all rights when DS was 4. One day when my son was 5 he says: Mommy, you're going to have a baby at Christmas and I will be his daddy because I want to make sure that baby has a daddy!! Now some people I said that too says that is just sick! But they aren't looking at it from a 5 yr olds perspective that has no idea why his dad doesn't want him. He just wants to make things right for others. Needless to say, I wasn't pregnant and still haven't been since he said that. He is my only as of this moment. I think I'll wait to tell him though. I'd want to make sure as I've had m/c before I had him. I want to be certain of God's plan.

Chickenmonkey, everything will work out!!! It is devastating and I really wish I could say or do something to help you but I know there is nothing. Your LO wants a playmate and I understand that. He wants to be a big brother and I pray it happens because your family deserves it! :hug:

My 5 year old (6 in Nov) also has nothing to do with his dad, but he does get child support and occasionally sees one set of the grandparents. But yes, a child saying he will be the daddy isn't gross...he is saying it as in he will be the role-model and help raise him.
My bf has now decided perhaps we will try sooner than we thought. Now that this occured he sees how broken hearted I am and his mother is really breathing down his neck. lol

My miscarriage was my AF and the spotting I had 18 days later is called breakthru bleeding (per my dr). I tested positive on every pregnancy test from 7/21 (first one I took) until 7/25. The night of 7/25 and morning of 7/26 I tested negative. Meaning my levels were still at 35 3 weeks 2 days after the m/c and I had only been 4 weeks 4 days along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->