Brown Spotting @ 5 Weeks

JillieBean

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I just had some brown spotting when I went to the toilet.
I'm 5 weeks today.
The spotting is decent, but not enough to go in my panties.
I should note that I had a vaginal exam at my OB's office yesterday.
No cramping so far, but my back's been achy on and off for a few days.
Peed on a stick, lines keep getting darker...

This is my 3rd, maybe 4th pregnancy. I have no living children.

Hmm. Lines lighter could be the hook effect, or they could mean your levels are going down. Spotting could be due to the exam. I'd call your doctor and ask to have levels checked. So sorry you're having a tough time.

Oh, you can try diluting your urine with half water to see if tests get darker.

No my lines are still getting darker. I POAS as soon as I saw the spotting and the line showed up right away, and was almost darker than the control line.
Right now though my legs are slightly crampy.

After 3 early losses, did they do bloods and give you progesterone. I would see if you can get on it ASAP. That said, I had brown with the twins at 6+0. Spotting is actually pretty normal in a twin pregnancy, hang in there <3

After 3 early losses, did they do bloods and give you progesterone. I would see if you can get on it ASAP. That said, I had brown with the twins at 6+0. Spotting is actually pretty normal in a twin pregnancy, hang in there <3

Well my possible chemical in November was never confirmed, and the fertility blood tests they did on me showed nothing wrong... :-/

Well I just had some small brown clots... very scared and worried.

I am sorry you are going through this stress. My thought is that this could be residual implantation bleeding, especially since it's brown. If your lines are getting darker I think that's an indication things are going well. Sit tight, rest, and breathe... <3 Hope you get answers soon. I second getting on progesterone and getting your levels checked.

I am sorry you are going through this stress. My thought is that this could be residual implantation bleeding, especially since it's brown. If your lines are getting darker I think that's an indication things are going well. Sit tight, rest, and breathe... <3 Hope you get answers soon. I second getting on progesterone and getting your levels checked.

Thank you. As you know, I'm really trying to be positive about this pregnancy but some of that positivity went out of the window. I REALLY hope this is nothing.

Thank you. As you know, I'm really trying to be positive about this pregnancy but some of that positivity went out of the window. I REALLY hope this is nothing.

I don't blame you...I'd freak out too. :hugs: But a lot of times brown blood at the beginning is nothing. I'd be way more concerned if it was red.

Hi
When I had my son I spotted brown almost daily at week 6-8. It was enough to see it on my pants. I don't know what caused it but the pregnancy was fine and he is a healthy 4 year old. Just want to give you some comfort. I've had it on and off this time too and try not to worry too much because I know I had it previously. Good luck!

I had brown spotting at 5 weks and now am 35 weeks . Could just be implantation bleeding . Hang in there

Spotting has died down significantly over night. I really just want to talk to my doctor on the phone, but she's on call today.

Just called my doctor's office for reassurance and spoke to my doctor's nurse. She said the brown spotting is to be expected since I had a pelvic exam the day before and that I have nothing to worry about :) It has dissipated so far, but I'm preparing myself incase it comes back a little. Will definitely keep this thread updated as I know this is something a lot of women deal with in their first trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->