btdt vaginal delivery moms?

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
What advice can you give for speeding up labor once it has started? I am going to try and vba2c. My last vbac failed at 8cm bc baby's hr was dropping. I think if I could have moved labor along a little better (already think it went pretty well to where I ended up) I think I could have avoided him going into distress at the end and just got him out. I did it mostly med free. I avoided the epi until the end when things started to go south and I needed surgery. I had an iv drug but it didn't really work and I was still able to get around just fine with it. The plan is no epi again this time.

I would have to say stay calm, just relax, and breath. I didn't really have to worry about speeding up my labor cause from the time my water broke to the time my daughter entered the world it was only 4 hours and 10 minutes.

I would have to say stay calm, just relax, and breath. I didn't really have to worry about speeding up my labor cause from the time my water broke to the time my daughter entered the world it was only 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Did all of those things. Looking for a little more than the basics.

The only thing I can think of is to walk around as much as you can and are able to when in labour. Gravity may help! Hopefully someone else has some big secret!:)

Good luck

Personally i dont think there is much that will definately speed up labour, otherwise it would be more well known, i think it just all depends on how your body acts as to how long labour is, all my labours have taken about the same sort of time, its a real shame it didnt work out as you wished last time hun especially getting all the way to 8cm, it just depends on how baby tolerates labour really doesn't it, i really hope you get the birth you want this time though x

I'm not sure there is a way, with out medical intervention, that actually speeds up labor. I wish there was! My last labor was 2.5 days of awful pain! Good luck with a vbac though! Every birth and labor is different each time.

As the pp have said there isn't much you can do other than keeping calm as stress causes the body to act against the contractions and slow labour down.

Keeping moving is good as it encourages the baby to move down and I've heard birthing balls are really good as well.

I've been researching the same thing as my last labour was 22 hours so Im hoping for a quicker one this time
X

Have you looked at any homeopathic remedies? There were some recommended in the back of my hypnobirthing book for all sorts of situations including speeding up labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->