• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

NavyLady - The passing out thing is very scary!! I hope it wasn't anything serious.

I also get a sudden pain when I twist and when I sneeze right above my pelvic bone just feels tight.

Still haven't heard from my Dr. - His receptionist can be so rude. I called yesterday and asked for the result and she said that he probably has it but hasn't had time to look at it. Its a yes or no. So I will call today around noon if they haven't called me by then. I took a clear blue test this morning and it went extremely postive and darker than the control line right away. I think if the Doctor Pee test is negative I will wait a week and then ask for a blood HPT. I also bought a digital test with the weeks indicator so I think I will take that sometime next week.

Until then I am just going to enjoy having little to no symptoms - Except Constipation & Sore Nipples & extreme exhaustion at 3pm.

My dreams are getting much more vivid and I am waking up in the night to pee.

I wish I could find a way to get my energy back, it was a beautiful evening last night and DH and I were in bed by 8:00pm.

Thank you for the concern Girly, Amanda and Hopeful! I don't think I overheated as I sat down in the tub, turned on the water and immediately passed out. I think it was blood sugar, as I haven't been eating like normal.

Girly, a UTI would definitely explain the pain! With antibiotics though, just for future reference incase you want to breastfeed, use formula while on antibiotics. Even if the Dr says its safe. When my husbands brother was born, his mom tried to breastfeed him but she was on antibiotics for an infection and the Dr said it was ok. He immediately developed thrush because many antibiotics work by increasing your white cell count to fight infection, when this happens in newborns with no infection , the body attacks itself and they can develop thrush (like he did and you do) or vaginal yeast infections or something even more serious. Granted this was nearly 14 years ago, but still it was terrifying and something to be careful of at delivery or while breastfeeding a newborn.

Amanda and Hopeful, yes that's really normal as long as its not ultra sharp. I had that constantly with DS! Dr said it was early round ligament pain :) I've gotten it once or twice this time but not as often as DS. Perhaps because my body has done this before and its no longer as new to it but who knows :)

Hopeful, your Dr really peeves me off...... Just, makes my blood boil. I really really suggest seeking a different Dr. I would not want that man anywhere near me during my pregnancy for fear he would say, "Oh that's nothing" or "Nothing can be done about it" when in fact something was wrong or could be helped and I certainly don't want that to happen to you and little one. But yay on the super dark test!! I actually have one digi left that I'm saving for the 6 week mark so I can take it and it show up 3-4! I dunno why I'm doing this, but I am lol

I'm sleeping soooooo much. Like at least 14 hours of the day if not more at times. Oh, speaking of pee, I'm in the frequency stage. I have to pee nearly every 1-2 hours, even if I don't drink anything! DS wasn't like this til about 8-10 weeks.

Thanks! He also makes me sort of angry, that being said I will be referred to a OB by week 12ish. Here they do not refer you right away unless you are high risk - which seems silly to me. At the beginning he was so understanding of what we are going through with it taking 15 months he went over every test with a fine tooth comb now he seems to be so passive. Maybe he doesn't want me to get my hopes up in case something happens early - Even if it does this is huge progress for us! First BFP ever! I feel very optimistic about this pregnancy though, especially with the strong lines!

It's possible, but still to be so callus is just rude, especially right now! And yes, the strong lines are a definite good sign!!!

You're so full of info navy lady I love it! I hope you are feeling better and can get some food in you!

Hopeful, I'm sorry you have to deal with that non sense! If you're getting strong lines like that you most definitely are full blown pregnant! My lines are stronger than control lines too. I love it :D

Before I was pregnant I always always peed so much. I always made the joke, "I can't even imagine when I'm pregnant"
My gosh I'm peeing even more. I don't know how it's possible. Aha.

I'm glad you think so Amanda. I'm always a little paranoid with pregnancy and babies, so I constantly read and watch things about it as well as listening to things that have happened to family members. I'm one of the "Mental pack rats" where everything I hear I save just in case I need it. Knowledge is one of those things that falls into the old adage of "Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it!"

I totally agree. I definitely love knowing everything as well!
This journey is a new one for me and I'm surprised at how much I didn't know!

Hello ladies! Sounds like a tough start for some of you today! Man I just read about three pages worth and now I forget what I was going to respond with. Bleh!

The sharp pulling pains some of you talked about are normal. I had those with dd. I have been cramping on and off but for the most part feel pretty great! Hoping to stay that way though you never know when those awful symptoms will pop up.

Are navy and I the only ones on second children? Navy are you going for a Vbac? Has anyone else thought about birth? I know it's so far away but my friend just had her second baby and it had me thinking about it. I went all natural with dd and want to do the same this time. Though to be honest the pain was so horrible I don't know why I want to do it that way again lol.

Is anyone else having a hard time focusing at work - I can't stay off Pinterest! lol

It is crazy to think that when I was trying to get pregnant before I would stare at the pregnancy test for a few minutes just trying to see the faintest hint of a line - now that I have seen a positive one I can't believe I looked so hard at the other ones! It is so exciting having that super dark line!

I am also saving my digital Navy! I cannot wait to take it!

Haha hopeful I would analyze the test in every light at every angle! At one point I pulled out my pos test from dd just to remind my crazy self what a pos actually looked like!

LOL LiteBright that is too funny!

One of my cousin's is a Doula and I know that she will try to convince me to do a home birth however we will have to see if I can even do a vaginal delivery. A homebirth for me is kinda crazy because we live an hour away from a hospital and if something happened it would be a terrifying drive. I will however have the support of a Doula throughout my pregnancy/birth and hopefully a midwife as well but there is a huge waitlist for midwives in Saskatchewan right now.

I did the same thing with my test from DS, LiteBright!!! Hahaha! And I believe you and I are second timers while Sailorsgirl is on #3 :) Everyone else are first timers I think :)

I can't have a VBAC, I have high blood pressure while pregnant that has to be closely monitored, when they took DS it was 184/122 and I was in a hypertensive crisis (for those unaware, high blood pressure starts at 140/90). So my Dr told me it was very risky to have a vaginal birth, medicated or not, with that kind of blood pressure. My OB here has already set my surgery date for Jan 18th at 39 weeks but it might possibly be sooner if my blood pressure becomes out of control again.

Aha I did the same with my tests. Then when I got my bfp I was like "oh. So easy to see" aha.
And hopeful, I find myself online all the time!!

I have thought about birth! I would prefer a natural one. Epidural freak me out. My mom had complications getting them. I have a bad lower back so last thing I want is a needle in there. But then I'm hoping it doesn't kill my back too much with the natural pain of things!
And since we live far from family, Dh will be the only one there. In the room, but he does not want to see the action aha

I don't think my DH could stomach seeing the action! He doesn't like blood or anything to do with it!

Doctor just finally called me back - POSITIVE - which I pretty much already knew.

He said that I should make an appointment for next week to get all the blood work done. He said we have lots of time... I feel impatient lol!

Ahh...me too! I need to be more patient and just enjoy being pregnant!

What crib brand do you ladies have/recommend?

I have heard good things about the storkcraft line. There is one with a change table attached to the end with drawers that I am looking at.

Yay, I'm glad he called!

I personally love Graco but this is what we're getting for Peanut :)
https://i.imgur.com/y1vR6Mq.jpg

Aww so cute! I love it! I honestly can't wait to go shopping for baby stuff - even just window shopping! I really want to get a glider and the one I want is on sale right now but DH said I should wait...hmm...maybe I will just buy it anyway ha!

I already have the Bouncer I want for a little boy picked out and I really want the match Rock N Play Sleeper too!!
https://i.imgur.com/lrYdPDJ.jpg

And then I want this one for a little girl
https://i.imgur.com/dPb5Si3.jpg

Hopeful glad they called back and confirmed what you already knew. Too bad it took them so damn long!

We will use Rock n play for baby for first 3+ months. We used it for dd and it was great because they are snugly and also at an incline so less worry when it comes to spitting up. Plus it can go right next to bed which is a plus.

Amanda speaking of problems with epidurals, my friends friend got a staph infection from her epidural. They didn't catch it right away and now she walks with a walker. And her baby is only like 2 months old. I didn't even know that could happen!! The only thing I want to do differently this time is labor in the tub and have hubby more involved. Last birth I told him to be seen not heard lol so he just sat there scared Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->