Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

At one time I thought I might use it to announce to dh

That would have been cute and sweet! To excited to spill the beans? LOL

Was doing ok today, DH got his leave approved so we leave tomorrow or Sunday to head home. So I'm excited about that. Was not so excited when someone gave my Monster In Law his number and told her we were coming home. Now we have to play "Avoid the Psycho" while we're home for the week. Luckily, no one seems to have spilled the beans to her that Peanut is on the way so it's something.

I ended up using our dogs. I couldn't keep it quiet enough to wait for it to ship and get here

I put bandanas on my pups and hung pacifiers around their necks. The bandanas said " Im gonna be a big brother again" and "Im gonna be a big sister". He came home and saw the bandanas but didnt read them until 5 minutes later when he noticed the pacifier

Awww!! How cute!!! That's so sweet!!

I wanted to do something surprising for DH but I was on the phone with my best friend and I wasn't late or nothing and she was like, "Go test! PLEASE!" And so I went out and bought a brand I'd never even heard of and they looked ULTRA cheap and just bad and so when I took it, 2 lines appeared and I was like, "No..." and she started freaking out so I took another one and same thing. So I grabbed my last Digi and I kept telling her, "They're wrong. It's a bad batch, has to be, just has to be...." and the Digi popped up positive and I immediately started crying. At first she thought it was negative cause I was straight up bawling and I sent her picture on her cell and she flipped out. She was asking if I was still gonna surprise DH on Father's Day and before I could answer my husband burst into the bathroom (he heard me bawling) and saw the Digi and was like, "Really?!" and hugged me then told me friend, "I need to cry without witnesses! Bye!" And hung up on her. He did cry too, only a tear or two but it counts haha

How telling DH about DS........ it is literally one of the most infamous stories in our families and in our tiny hometown because my friends constantly tease us for it.

It's a bit of a saga, but here goes:

We tried for 13 months for DS. After 6 months of trying, we were told I had PCOS and that in my case, I didn't release mature eggs if I even released an egg at all. I was started on medication without avail. Soon, DHs deployment was only a couple months away and we decided to stop and we'd resume when he got back.

Come mid-Nov, I'm cleaning out the house and packing to go back to TN (DH left first week of Dec and family wanted me home) and I come across my last FRER I never got to use. Expiration was 4 months away and I paid a pretty penny for the pack so I peed on it and threw it away in the bathroom can. (I know, ultra weird, but that's the kinda stuff I do) I come back about 20 mins later to clean up the trash and throw away anything unnecessary. I pick up the trash, see the test on top and register the faintest of faint second lines and throw it away. Didn't even think about it........ til 5 minutes later and I started digging through the trash like a lunatic.

I flipped out, plain and simple. I was crying so hard that it was the "ugly cry" and I called DH and told him, crying, to get home RIGHT NOW. I wasn't even thinking that it was the middle of the work day. He literally yelled at his Chief as he ran out the door that something was terribly wrong with me and he needed to get home. Luckily, my husband was well liked and had never taken a day off except for my Drs appts since we only had the one car and I didn't drive at the time and so he took his word for it, I also constantly gave them baked goods, so I think that helped haha.

He made the 25 minute trip home through the city in about 10. We lived on the 2nd floor of our apartment building and I could hear him running up the iron stair case and he ALWAYS locked the door in the morning. Well..... I didn't unlock it and in his haste, he forgot.... BAM! Straight into the door, he gets it open, I'm there crying, he's got a bloody nose and he's trying to figure out whats the matter, I can't get anything out at all and its chaos. I eventually get the test in his face and he fails to register the second line at first. At first he's a little peeved (for having him so freaked) but also tries to comfort me and tells me it'll be ok. I EVENTUALLY stop crying enough to shout, "No, you idiot!! There's TWO lines! I'm pregnant!" and at that point he stops and looks at me and starts crying and hugging me before pulling back and saying in the most serious voice I've ever heard, "If you ever do that to me again....." then we both just started laughing.

He went back to work, I tagged along for more tests at the NEX and to explain to his Chief that it was my fault he had done what he did. We got there and his who shop (which was really only about 6 people at the time) came over and asked if everything was ok. Our eyes are still red and puffy and just, it was hilarious to see looking back on it. I told them I was sorry for making him leave on such short notice and told them he was gonna be a daddy. His Chief bought him lunch as a congrats. When DS was born, his shop sent us flowers and a card in the hospital. I'm just really glad they were so chilled out about it, because I realize I could have gotten him into SOOO much trouble.

Wow yeah my DH's commanding officers would have had his ass lol

Yeah,when we were there I did nothing but apologize. I'm friends with his (now former) Chief on FB and I still send random apologies to his wall because now its a joke between us. He's an awesome dude and very very nice, had it been anyone else, DH would have been screwed.

Hey I'll watch the video when I can.
Just an update, here going to my cousins wedding. Still haven't told my brother or sister in law. Don't know how to!!nervous to.
They'll know when I don't drink. And that's okay but I can't just out and say it.
Tougher than I thought!

For me just out and saying it is the easiest, but I know its not like that for everyone hahaha I just hate beating around the bush LOL

Hey ladies! I don't have time right now to read everything or respond but I wanted to update and say I told my brother and sister in law on our first stop.
They were soooo excited for us and screamed for joy. She said they would buy our car seat and stroller and we have to come back for a baby shower.
That went so well!!
Now time for our immediate families sometime soon as we are headed to see them now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->