Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

I hope I don't go too late, all my friends babies so far have been early...but as luck would have it I will be the one to go late. Lol, as long as baby is healthy though!

I do plan on baby wearing, I have a ring sling and I am looking at getting a Moby Wrap. Wraps can be so expensive though! I will have to look into the Boba as well.

I know, they are expensive! Especially considering they're just a big piece of fabric lol. I heard the ring slings are expensive too but I'd like to have one when the baby is a little older. The boba is $40 but a friend bought it for me. Not sure if that's around the same price as the moby or not?

My doctor actually called this afternoon to tell me I'm having a really big baby! She said that anything at the 90th percentile or higher, they consider huge. My ultrasound measurements put me at the 89th percentile! She said that she would estimate my baby to weigh around 9.5 lbs if I go to my due date. She also said she wants to do one more ultrasound closer to the end. I'm so scared of having to get a c-section but if my baby is going to weigh 10 lbs, I'm so scared of pushing her out also! My mom said they told her my brother was going to be ten lbs and he only ended up being just over 8. So they can't always tell with accuracy from an ultrasound... I just hope that she is good and ready to come out a few weeks early and that it ends up being an easy birth lol!

When I was 35 weeks with Magnus, they put him at around the 8lbs mark, that same day I was admitted for my emergency c-section........ he was just over 5lbs. They way they lay and the size of your belly is what factors into their guess. I was ALL belly and so they thought he would be big, but nope. Lol He was teeny tiny

Good to know! I'm going to try and mentally prepare for the worst delivery while hoping for the best! It really is terrifying now that it's so close though... I wish the doctors could just teleport babies out... Why do they have to squeeze them through such a tiny hole??

I bought a wrap and I'm so excited to use it and see Dh use it!
Good to know they aren't always accurate! I won't be too scared if it's high then :p aha

I think the Moby wraps are a bit more expensive, but $40 is not bad at all I will have to look into those for sure.

I don't think I have known anyone whose measurements that the doctors told them were right, they were almost always less, don't worry your body is made for this!

I googled moby vs. boba and the first thing to come up was this article from a lady who used the boba. After reading it, I think they are very similar and if you only want to spend $40, you'd most likely be happy with a boba! https://breastfeedingneeds.com/boba-wrap-vs-moby-wrap She said the moby has more fabric and it is 100% cotton. The boba has less fabric but is more than sufficient, it's a little bit thicker than the moby, and it is 95% cotton and 5% spandex. So it is stretchier and when wrapping it, you do so tightly and stretch it to put baby in. With the moby, you have to wrap it more carefully because it doesn't have the same kind of stretch.

I weighed 9lb 15oz when I was born (over 2 weeks late and an emergency c-section) and my mom said she never would have been able to push me out and I was her first. But my sister (3rd sibling) weighed the same and my mom pushed her out. I'm just hoping that I'll be so excited for her to come out that the pain and any damage she does on her way out won't phase me. And really hope I don't need a c-section. I'm starting to have anxiety over it already :-/

Thanks for that Michele, I think I like the spandex with the Boba wrap better! I will start looking for one now!

No problem! And yeah, after reading that I'm happy I registered for the boba! It feels super nice too. And it seems like it'll be easier to use with the stretchiness. I got the black one just so it would go with pretty much anything haha.

I think I have the Boba as well? It comes with 2 tube pieces and a long fabric piece. I like the spandex aspect of it for sure. Makes it comfy and snug, and not hard on your back or shoulders. We out our cat in it. He loved it.
It's very easy to use. Haha

Dh were trying to decide when to put the cat seat and hospital bag in the car. The base is already installed. But when to carry the others around just Incase labor strikes anywhere!
When are you ladies doing that?

I think the Boba is just one long piece of fabric that you tie, but I know which one you are talking about Amanda, one of my friends gave me hers. I forgot she gave it to me until you just brought it up, I should put it in baby's room so I don't forget to use it.

Yeah, the boba is just one long piece. It comes with a little drawstring bag of the same fabric to keep it in. What are the tube pieces for? Haha, my cats would never let me do that... Is yours still a kitten? You should post a pic!

I'm kind of freaking out because OH still hasn't moved the big dresser out of the room and it's in the spot where the pack and play and baby stuff is supposed to go. He keeps telling me not to worry about it and that he'll take care of it but I want to set everything up now! Also, he needs to get all his stuff out of the dresser so when we move it to the living room we can put the baby's clothes and stuff in it. I am so anxious to get all that done. Ugh! I hope she comes early so I can be like "look! I knew you wouldn't do it in time!" He keeps saying "we have a month and a half" but it gets harder for me to move each day. I'm basically useless now also when it comes to carrying anything big or helping move anything.

I'm probably going to install my car seat base this weekend. I also need to do my hospital bag still too and wanted to do that this weekend as well. I just don't even know what to put in it... After I'm done working the week after next, I probably wouldn't need to keep mine anywhere other than by the door because I won't be going many places... But keeping it in the car wouldn't be a bad idea either because then you wouldn't even have to think or worry about it!

Then I still need to buy the attachment too for my jogging stroller so I can put the car seat on it and use it right away. I don't want to buy a Graco stroller just to use the carseat with cause the one I have is super nice and I don't need another one. That dumb attachment is over $50 though which is annoying...

I still have to pack my hospital/diaper bags too! I have almost everything for them I just need to pack them and put them in the truck so they are ready. I think we will hold off until after Christmas to put the base for the car seat in, just because right now we drive our truck for hockey so sometimes we have 5 guys in the truck and they would have to move it constantly. After Christmas though we won't be travelling with other people for hockey just in case I go into labour during a game lol!

Here is what are going in my bags so far:

Baby:
- 2-3 Sleepers (ones that button to make changing a bit easier) (at least one each of newborn/0-3mos)
- Going home outfit
- Diapers
- Wipes
- Plush Blanky (Because its super cold here)
- Receiving Blankets (at least 2)
- New born Hat/0-3mos Hat
- Socks/Mittens (Probably won't need the socks because he will be in a sleeper most of the time, mittens to keep him from scratching)
- Coconut Oil for his first couple poops

Mine:
- Knee length tie front robe
- Essential Oils - Just a couple for relaxation and pain
- Birth Plan
- Snacks
- Cash/Change (for vending machines, just in case)
- Lip Balm
- Lotion
- Shampoo/Conditioner Sample Sizes
- Toothbrush, Facewash, etc.
- Post Partum Spray
- Comfy clothes (Leggings, Grippy socks, Nursing Tanks)
- Going Home Clothes
- Post-Partum Belly Wrap (Probably won't need this until I am at home if I wear Maternity leggings)
- Nursing Bra & pads
- Nipple Cream
- Pads
- Contact Solution/Glasses
- Breast pump just in case
- A bit of makeup like mascara, etc. (Not a necessity but most women say it made them feel fresh and energized to put some on before going home)

Dad:
- Sweats, T-shirts, Hoodies
- Going home clothes
- Toiletries
- Phone Chargers, Camera, Etc.
- Snacks and Water

And then the Car seat with winter cover.

Of course I have no idea what we will use and what we won't but I want to be prepared - especially because if we give birth in the birth center we will be released around 6-8 hours later, but if we end up in the hospital we will likely be there for a day or two.

That sucks that the attachment is so expensive! They make everything so expensive just because they can...

PS if you ladies think I need to add anything to my bags please let me know! :)

Oh then mine must he the baby buddha wrap. Search it up! I found it easier then one big wrap. Aha.

Those are good ideas for the bag. We haven't made the bags up yet. I go on leave Jan 3rd. So I might keep it all in the car then as I'll be 37 weeks!

Michelle, just tell him you neeeeed it done. That's what I do when Dh doesn't understand why. I blame my pregnancy brain and he listens lmao

Do you ladies have instagram? I'd love to follow if you did. I post lots of pics of my cat and it's a fun way to see baby progress.
That's your choice, I'm open with mine. Let me know, I'll give you my user name

So hubby surprised me with this yesterday.......

https://i.imgur.com/jm83xCC.jpg

Isn't he adorable?! We named him Henry Bartholomew AKA Bart. He's an American Cocker Spaniel/Golden Retriever mix!! My husband saw him at the shelter and it was his last day before being euthanized and he was so sweet and friendly he knew he was ours. Apparently he's one of those "designer dogs" or what have you but due to his age no one wanted him, but he's only two! He's still technically a puppy!! He is the absolute most sweetest thing in the world. I was doing research on his "breed" and apparently they're one of the best family and companion dogs around and it definitely shows because he's soooo good with Magnus, so sweet and gentle while still having plenty of energy to keep up.

Aweeee navy!!! That us so sweet of your husband,terrible he would have been put down :(
Yay for giving an amazing dog a great home ♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->