Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

Congrats lite bright! !

Im so happy to say I had my beautiful boy.
Labor started Tuesday at 11pm. Not super painful bit went in at 11am. 2cm, sent home. Went in again at 5am Thursday. Still 2cm, sent home. Went back in at 11am because the pain was unbearable. 4cm!
I had him at 714pm. 8 lbs 9.5 Oz!
They broke my water soon after getting there.
My body wanted to push before it was fully dilated, so he has a little bruise on his head :(
I used fentenol and a morphine shot. I was so out of it. Thought I was in the shower for about 15 minutes it was 4 hours. Ah ha
But I was a great time, even though painful.
They had to cut me, because as I was pushing his heart rate was all over the place.
But he arrived safe and sound. Super soft.
And I'm so in love. ♡

So glad he arrived safe and sound!!

Did you stick with Avery Paul?

Congrats Amanda! My first labor was ridiculously long like that. Maybe your second will be short like mine! I hope your enjoying your little man <3

Congrats Amanda! Glad your labor was such a good experience, and I love Avery's name.

We're doing okay. Yesterday was a really cranky day but things are a million times better today. I can't believe it's almost been a month. She had her checkup today and is 9.1 lbs and 21.5" now.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Congrats, litebright and Amanda!! So happy for you guys!

Navy, I hope you are feeling better!

Afm, I am feeling MUCH better which I am so happy and thankful for. I'm finally used to having Lily here. I've been letting her sleep in the bed with us the past few nights and the first time was the first night I got more than a couple hours a night since before she was born. She always wakes up within minutes of me laying her on her back. I was turning into a monstrous bitch with getting no sleep so finally took a nap with her in the bed one day and was just amazed at how well she slept!! I sleep in the middle on my left side and facing lily so then when she wakes up I just nurse her on my left boob and continue sleeping. I'm so used to not moving in my sleep that I'm not worried about hurting her while sleeping. At her 2 week appt she was at 8lb 7.4oz! Not sure if I already posted about that but feel like I haven't posted in forever so thinking I haven't lol.

I've been Co sleeping too.
Avery cries minutes after putting him in his bassinet. But will sleep fine on my chest or beside me cuddled.
It's all about doing it safely is all! No shame in it. I honestly think everyone does it lol

Hey all.

Feb 5th we had Barrett Elliott, brought into the world via waterbirth! 8lbs 4oz 21 1/4" long - 11 days overdue. Born at 9:33am we were in the comfort of our own home by 2pm.

I tried to not co-sleep but it's the only way Barrett will sleep longer than an hour. We are waking up every 2 hours to feed.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Yay! Congrats, Hopeful! Glad you were able to stick with your birthing plan!

Everyone I have been telling that I let Lily sleep in bed with me (aside from one person!) has been acting like I'm doing something terrible and putting her in grave danger. So I'm just not going to tell anyone anymore because it makes me mad! I read a lot about it too and supposedly the mother and baby sleeping together in a bed (when breastfeeding and non-smoker) is the safest way for baby to sleep, assuming there are no blankets or pillows or loose clothing that could suffocate them. But I make sure to have the blanket down low and I sleep in the middle so if SO moves in his sleep he won't bump her or anything. And it's so nice because I can sleep while she eats. It just sucks because I only nurse on my left side in bed so by morning my right boob is KILLING me! We also ordered a co-sleeper thing to put in the bed that should be here in a couple days and then she will be able to go in the middle of us without me having to worry. I also have the pack and play pushed up to the side of the bed I sleep on so lily can't roll off the side. But my arm is underneath her all night anyway so it's just an extra safeguard.

My little boo is one month old today! I'll post a pic :) and I'd love to see pics of the other babes if you guys are comfortable posting them on here! Otherwise I will start using my Instagram again haha. My username is micheleb87 so please add me so I don't have to go back and find everyone else's usernames haha.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 5
Adorable Michelle!
Hopeful I am so happy for you!! Yay babies!!!

Michelle, I have tons of pics on my Instagram amandabananana so add me there :)

Honestly, don't worry about the Co sleeping. Every one I talk to admits to doing it. If it works, it works. Just do it safely and it's all good. Like everything else.
:)

I feel the same way about Lily! It's really hard for me to let people hold her! I always let them anyway, but after a little bit I start wishing they had their own baby so I could be holding mine :p

Congratulations hopeful!

Lennox will only really sleep on one of is as well, we always wait for her to be in a deep sleep then put her in her Moses basket. After her last feed in the night, usually around between 4-7ish- I just keep her in bed with us.
I've realised people are going to judge no matter what you do- we have given Lennox a dummy, she was always comfort sucking and is so much happier with one now but as I say people still judge with that.

Hope you are all getting on well. I'm loving seeing the pics on Instagram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->