• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Buddies for Late January/Early February Babies!

Wow a lot happened I didn't read when I posted my last post.

Hopeful km sure everything is great with you! I don't temp at all, never have. So I hope I'm okay :p

I love all your thoughts navy lady, it's good advice!

So I couldn't find mugs, so I bought little bibs that say "I ♡ grandma/grandpa" on them. So cute. So excited to share the news!!

Welcome girly! You definitely can join!
As for symptoms, today I felt fine. Super super tired. I had a sandwich then felt sick. But now am fine again.

And I agree, no tmi here! We're all going through the same things or have before :p aha

Welcome Girly!!! We're happy to have another Mommy To Be join us!!! When are you due?
Team Blue, Pink or Yellow/Green?

I also have PCOS, so I know you must be completely over the moon!!!

Same here, Amanda, ULTRA tired!! I've been sleeping sooo much! Also, if you go that route for the announcement, you should TOTALLY record it and put it on youtube haha

Don't worry navy I appreciate everything!! My temp was back up high throughout the day so I will temp again tomorrow morning and report my findings to my Dr.

Welcome girly! Love having another person to go on this journey with.

Thanks Amanda! I am very optimistic about this pregnancy.

I had no symptoms today, slightly sore bbs. Other than that just a normal day for me.

How are all of your symptoms??

Good idea navy lady! I will film it. Although I'm not sure if it'll be the exciting screaming happiness kind of reaction lol. I can hope though!

I need to work less. Or from home like you navy lady! Aha 40hrs a week is killing me.
I'm sure the tiredness will pass eventually?:p

I'm starting my new job Friday and just praying that the fatigue stays away! Last pregnancy I feel like a lot of my symptoms started at 6 weeks, which is a week from tomorrow. I didn't want to have all of the crap feeling overlapping with the start of a new job. Oh well, grin and bare it!

You'll be fine litebright! You can do it :)

Dh is getting anxious about telling his parents. He knows they'll say crap like "you're too young" and what not.
Makes me sad. I mean they can react differently, but chances are not.
And in turn that makes me anxious cause I know I'll have to see them a bunch too.
For instance, they are the ones driving us back to the airport so awkward crammed car ride.

We thought of a new middle name for a girl too.
Sophie Alana

Although I have a feeling it's a boy. Maybe that's cause I'm constantly hoping for a girl, so I'm just set thinking we will have a boy cause life works that way.
:p
Although I'd be happy either way for a happy , healthy baby :)

So glad to hear that Hopeful!!! Hopefully it was nothing :)

I've been so very tired but my queasiness is easing up surprisingly! Other than I feel normal. Amanda, with my son I was ALWAYS tired haha sometimes it lets up, others it doesn't lol Also, Sophie Alana is BEAUTIFUL!

Working from home and being your own boss has its advantages and disadvantages haha best perk is the flexible work hours haha

Hopefully they don't react to negatively, Amanda! My "monster" in law (hubbys mom) is AWFUL. She has always said that DS isn't his, doesn't look like him, that he's stupid for believe he is his and that my son is an abomination that she will never accept as her grandchild. We aren't telling her about this baby and we're hoping she doesn't find out for a long time.

Just so I can show you, this is DS and DH . Only thing he got from me was my hair, though DH was born blonde as well so really, not that surprising.
https://i.imgur.com/uCYwKsB.jpg

They definitely look alike! How terrible of her!!
And I was born blonde too. It's very common for hair to turn brown later in life (like mine).
But either way terrible of her.

Well I have you guys for support!

https://i60.tinypic.com/addc3d.jpg

Dh went out and bought a matress and sheet when I was at work. A surprise when I got home! Cute!!

It's funny how I thought of the name Alana.
I had a dream where this girl was messaging Dh said congrats on the baby and talking about being naked.
I asked him if he knew an Alana. He said no. We both immediately liked the name though :p

Loving the crib!!! Also that's so funny on the name!

Since you brought up dreams, the night before I found out I was pregnant I had a dream that I was pregnant and in labor and it was EXTREMELY realistic. I could feel the pain in my dream (I've never been in labor, DS was an emergency c-section, I never even dilated) and I could feel myself wanting to push and telling my husband to get a baby blanket and other such things because I was at home. I woke up and, like I had been for the past 4 days, took a test. BAM! A :bfp:

Wow that's a pretty awesome dream to have before you had your bfp!
I always remember my dreams so I'm sure I'll have more to share!

I'm honestly still in the "shock and awe" phase, every time I think to myself that I'm pregnant I'm still just as surprised as last week when I got the :bfp: haha

Wait, Holy cow... its been a week already? Dang, feels like so long ago yet as if it was just yesterday. Whew, I'm all over the place!

I found out 12 days ago! Crazy! Three weeks from today is my first ultrasound!

Sorry you all have some crappy family members. Don't they understand just because they don't think you should have kids that doesn't change anything? Our families have always been really supportive (we are also a little older). But a few months ago my MIL and my mom both said on separate occasions they weren't ready for a second grandchild. I was offended and wondered why they thought that was their decision at all? I will say our lives have settled a litte bit in the past month so hopefully they feel a little bit more at ease with it. We aren't announcing for another month tho.

Exactly litebright. It isn't their life. It's ours and we are ready and couldnt be more excited! And more than prepared to stand our ground. Mostly with his family :p
I'm sure once they accept it they will be lovely. Hopefully ahaha.

And yes! I'm still in shock too! It's a wonderful thoughteverytime. I found out 6 days ago and my happiness has only grown!

I am really sorry for those of you that have hard to deal with family members, the only one we think might have an "issue" with it is my Brother In Law, because he said we were too young to get married and tried to control the entire wedding and all of the planning and he is newly single again (he is 5 years older than DH) and he tends to take it out on us when our relationship is thriving and his are failing. But hopefully he can get past that and just be happy he will be an uncle. - Although I do hope he finds someone soon and gets her pregnant right away so our kids are close in age. lol.

I am not sure how I will make it through the first trimester with how tired I am - I hit a wall everyday at about 2pm and just want to nap at my desk. - I am also missing coffee on tired days.

I kind of want to buy a couple more tests - I wake up lately and feel completely normal (except a little bit more tired) I can see how some people don't notice until they are 8+ weeks and just think they are coming down with a flu or cold.

Yay! Dr's appointment today to get blood work done. I can't wait to get my results!

I agree, we're all grown, married (I think anyway lol not that not being married is an issue) and responsible adults, if we feel ready for another child that's our call. I can't really say my family was like, "You're not ready for another one" most were very happy, a few were like "Oh... ok then" and only one (aside from how Monster In Law will be) was kinda upset and that was my grandfather but he's always like that.

Everyone in my family thinks its a little girl though haha Though a couple are calling twins XD

Hopeful, let us know how it goes! :)

We told our family's. Waiting until 12 weeks we think to announce to everyone else.

Both our parents took it well and my sisters did, but brother in law initially was a bit rude to DH. DH thinks it's just because he's over protective of his little brother.... DH is 35 so not exactly young haha!

I can't wait to tell both sets of our parents - I think we are telling my parents this weekend when they are come visit us, and we will tell his parents soon, probably next time we see them. My sister is home this weekend and I really want to tell her in person so we might be telling the brothers and sisters this weekend as well. However we live in a small town and my BIL loves to be the first to tell people of any news whether it is his or not - He is the rumour queen! So, I want to hold off on telling him until I am ready for everyone to know. It is such a hard decision on when to tell people!

Hi ladies may I join you? I'm actually due 1st Feb by my dates though. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->