Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Mrs. T - that is very strange! Do you temp to figure out O or us OPKs? How are you feeling?

No I don't temp. I was always confused by that. LOL! I don't use OPKs, but I did buy a clear blue digital but only used it for a couple months.

And I feel completely normal. I am having a normal period just early. Weird!

I also don't temp (I used to but stopped months ago). I have tried OPKs a few times, but they never seem to work for me haha.

The only way I know if I have O'd is if I am having tracking u/s, which I did for my medicated clomid cycles.

How do you figure out your O-day?

I really don't track. After being married for ten years and never getting pregnant naturally that entire time, has led me to give up on that. We had years of trying to time it and it got to a point where it was getting boring and stressful so we went back to doing it when we feel like it. I really don't count on my natural cycles anymore. And we have a male factor problem so as I hard as I tried to time it right, his swimmers aren't strong enough to make it where they need to be.

When I did my IUIs, they tracked it for me with U/Ss.

Mrs T - I totally understand not tracking! I am the same that I only track O now when I have the u/s otherwise, no idea, lol.

hope the week is going well for you ladies! I am looking forward to the weekend :)

Hey Girls,
Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days! Hope all is well, and Mrs. T that is very strange but I have no wisdom- sorry! Like you both, I have given up on tracking a long time ago- not worth the stress anymore! I can normally tell when I've ovulated only by breast pain starting the day after (however still not reliable), last month I used OPKs just to see as I was trying clomid for the first time (and they weren't monitoring me), and I ended up having 5 straight days of positives which just confused me more and again, more stress.

So we had our last test day today; hubby's SFA which I was nervous for because I knew he was nervous (first time having to produce a sample in the clinic) but everything went fine so I'm very happy about that as he will obviously have to do this day of ER. We won't have results for two weeks so that should determine if we need ICSI.

My test on Monday went fine (just a pap and swabs); however, they had the results from our bloodwork that we did on day 3 of this cycle.. and my fsh went up since last time so it crushed me.. I'm trying to stay positive but now I'm really worried I won't respond to the drugs, that my eggs aren't a good quality, and that for some reason I'm heading toward premature ovarian failure at age 26! The dr wasn't there to talk about it but the nurse that did the pap was really nice, but did try to make me feel better by saying that if I don't respond to the drugs it would be cancelled before ER so we'd get a lot of money back... really not what I consider good news.. :( I'm totally fine for the idea of having to pay/take more drugs as they will be starting me at a higher dose now.. but terrified that it still won't work..

born2bamama - i am the same that i know that O has happened when i get some breast tenderness as that happens pretty much instanly after O. that is so frustrating about getting 5 days of opk positives last month-our bodies can be so funny/confusing sometimes!

glad that the SA process went well, will this be your hubbys first SA test or is the clinic just doing another one? I am wondering if our clinic will end up running more tests for us when we see them at the end of April or if they will just rely on the tests from the doctor that referred us. I hope the results of the SA come back good.

that is really tough to be worried about not responding to the drugs, i hope that this cycle works for you, but if for some reason it does not then maybe the doctor can suggest alternative drugs. would definitely be good to chat with your doctor about it when you can - have my fingers crossed for you xxoo

Thanks Starlight, I havent had a chance to speak with the dr yet but they did say theyd get her to call me at work today so i hope i dont miss the call.

As for the SA, he already had a basic sa that came back great, but this test is different its a functional sa so it tests whether the sperm can actually penetrate an egg and do everything they are supposed to to fertilize (as an example, apparently they need to be able to spin their tails really fast to enter an egg and u can only tell by doing this test/or ivf) so this clinic requires this test before doing ivf, and of course costs money lol. It will determine if we need icsi during ivf.

Let me know how the conversation with the doctor goes, hope you're able to connect soon so that you dont have it weighing on your mind!

That is really helpful to know about the functional SA, my DH will prob need to be tested for something similar since I believe he just had a basic SA done before.

How are you feeling today?

Hello Ladies,
Can I join in? Im scheduled for ivf april/may and on one hand I can't wait .... on the other I am petrified

Hi bizzibi of course you can join! As you will be doing ivf in April/May, what has the doctor had you do to get ready? I am anxiously awaiting an ivf consult and am not sure what to expect, hoping that we will be able to do ivf shortly after, maybe may/June but have no idea if that is realistic. Similar to you, I can't wait but also scared!

Welcome Bizzibii! Yes please join us. We can all be terrified together! LOL!

So we went for our first acupunture app't today. It wasn't bad at all. I barely felt the needles go in and I couldn't feel them come out at all. It was just like laying there with relaxing music on. No biggie. And they used disposable needles. That was one of the things I worried about. The clinic is a little different than a regular acupunture place. It is a "community" setting so they have several clients at the same time. It is a big room with recliners set up but it is quiet with soft music and everyone is laying back with their eyes closed. It wasn't as weird as I thought it might be. The purpose of them doing this is since they can take several clients at once they charge much less. It is only $20 per session. So me and my DH are gonna go once a week. The naturopathic doctor that did the acupuncture has lots of clients with our same doctor and that have gotten referred to the same fertility client we are going to go to in Toronto. She seemed to know what she was doing. I was happy she had a clue about fertility issues.

:hi: all can I join please?

I'm currently setting up egg sharing IVF at the moment, I'm waiting for my af (which could be ages as in weeks damn pcos) then I will be on the pill for 12 days and then down regging and then the next af will be stims...

Anyway I hope to be testing by June put it that way :)

Hi and welcome scerena! I haven't done IVF yet and I always hear they make you go on the bcp beforehand. I wonder why this is? Does it make you regulate your cycle or something?

Thanks for the welcome Mrs. T I'm not sure :shrug: I know because I'm egg sharing its something to do with getting our cycles in sync, but I won't be on it for long at all literally around 12 days :)

But I think it helps suppress your ovaries? I could be wrong? :haha:

I done 3 rounds of injectables like you! When are you looking to do Ivf?

My first two IUI cycles, I was on Femara which is an oral medication and the third one was Puregon, an injectable medication. I had more eggs and and a thicker lining with the injectable cycle. I was shocked that one didn't work.

Well I see my doctor on Thursday and I am going to tell him I want to shoot for June. I am currently cleaning up my diet, juicing, taking vitamins, going for acupuncture and the whole bit and I want to do this for three months prior. I figure if I am spending this much money, I want to give myself the best shot! :)

mrs. t sorry I read that wrong I saw puregon at the end and mis-read the others.... :dohh:
I was clomid resistant and them done three injectables cycles and had a very good response...

June won't be long at all and it seems as if you have a good plan ahead of you :)

Welcome scerena and bizzibi! Mrs. T is right, we can all be scared and excited together! I cant believe its almost April already, Vegas is next week and then onto waiting for day 21 to start down regging. My clinic doesnt use bcp they use another drug that is actually a nose spray you take 5 times a day! From what Ive learned they want to shut down your ovaries and keep them quiet until they are ready to begin stimming. not sure why exactly but i thought it would stop your body from maturing follicles its regular way so not to mess up what the drugs will be doing and the timing of when the follicles are mature enough. the drug im taking also stops you from ovulating on your own i believe.

Hope everyone is well, I was gone all weekend so I feel like Ive been slacking with writing
on here haha.

AFM i never heard back from my dr to discuss the fsh result. Im going to go to the clinic today to pay for ivf *yay* so i think ill ask again. I start back at acupuncture this week, mrs.t im so glad you enjoyed it! I always end up falling asleep in my sessions :)

I guess I better go back to working but ill catch up again later. All the best to everyone!

born2bamama thanks for the welcome :) I will be on BCP for 12 days to sync men and the recipients cycle and then down regging with the nasal spray also :)

How long are you off to Vegas for? I bet you cannot wait!!!!

So when is your af due???

Hey scerena, we are going to vegas wed-sun next week, short trip but we can't wait! Cant wait to get out of the cold! AF is unfortunately due around the same time as our trip lol but ill be happy bc at least it means we are getting closer to ivf!
Interesting that you are going to be on a nose spray too, I havent heard many pple talk about it!

Just shelled out 6k this am..and there will be more bills to come! But at least it makes it feel even more real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->