Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

hey ladies - can I join????

I am currently on BCPs and will be stimming in April....so a bit earlier than everyone else but I would love to chat with you all along the way!

Welcome ttc and august! The more the merrier!!

Hope everyone is doing well, sounds like everyone is on a good path!

I called our clinic today and they had the results of the functional sa and they were all good so no need for ICSI! Good news that hubby's boys are apparently all good and it will also save us $1500... and after getting hit unexpectantly with a $700 vet bill yesterday every little bit helps!

As for what I'm doing to prepare for IVF:
Completely cut out coffee
Drastically cut down caffeine (only the occasional bit of pepsi and really weak tea)
Cut down sugar (the added kind, not the naturally occurring sugar in fruit, etc)
Replacing unhealthy snacks (chips) with healthier ones (veggie chips, real fruit snacks)
Acupuncture (was going to start yesterday but had to cancel because I was sick, but hope to start 1/week asap)
Massages
Yoga
Vitamin b complex, prenatal, vitamin d, calcium, aspirin

starlight thanks :) I was a bit naughty and took some provera I had from a previous cycle, because my cycles are sooooooo long :dohh: anyhow I take it for 5 days and then my af should arrive around 10days after the last pill, well that's what usually happens with me... It love for it to show earlier though so I can get on these bcps etc :)

How are you? I hope you're well???

ttcbaby :hi: it will be good for us all to follow your journey :) sending you tons of luck :)

born2bamama great news that hubby has a good SA :) I'm overloading oh on vits etc so hoping and praying we won't need ICSI either fx'd!!!

The extra vits you are taking apart from your prenatal was you told to take them? I haven't been told to take anything else that's why I was wondering?
Sounds like you have a good plan :)

welcome ttcbaby - really look forward to hearing about your stimming experience in April :) wishing you lots of luck!!

born2bmamma-that is fantastic news about your hubby's SA results and great that you'll be able to save some money too. I have also been thinking about doing accupuncture, I think there is a spot that is affiliated with my IVF clinic, so may look deeper into that after my consult!

scerena - hope your af shows soon so that you can move things forward. totally understand the eagerness to start into the next cycle, how exciting! unpredictable/long cycles are so so frustrating. I am doing great - I have today off from work, so it is a treat. I recently started doing compressed work weeks, so I work a little bit longer every day and then I get every other Friday off! It has been amazing, so really happy with it :) I am in my tww right now around 7dpo, this is my first natural cycle post-clomid and not expecting much from it, will just be happy if my cycles seem shorter than they were pre-clomid!

Girls,
Should you stop with baby aspirin and royal yelly when you start injections? I am scared it may interfere somehow.....
I have asked my doctor what shall I do to preper myself and her answer was " be healthy" . She told me not to obsess with things and live my life normally. Not to change my routine or anything ( I don't smoke or drink, I eat healthy, exercise, I am not overweight nor have any health issues). I remember my first IUI. I was convinced it is going to work. I was crushed when it didn't. I was sitting in a bath for over an hour , crying my eyes out just looking at the well being unresponsive ( a bit dramatic I know ). Now I feel I should take a different approach. Just live my life , not change anything and see what happens.

Anyway, welcome to the new ladies. May the baby dust be with you :).

starlight exactly irregular periods are so annoying!!! Fx'd it shows soon :)

That's really good that you get every other Friday off- it's nice to have a long weekend :) I bet you enjoy it :)
I'm off too so going to go do some food shopping in a minute I think :)

What were your cycles like pre-clomid? Wouldn't it be great to get a completely natural bfp before IVF :)

I didn't monitor my natural cycle this month, but I don't a pregnancy test last night and it was negative :/

We posted at the same time bizzibii

I haven't a clue, I would call up and ask the fs about that? I've been told to just continue to take a prenatal

Same advice I was given- to go on as normal and eat a healthy diet, I too am not overweight so guess not much we have to do really... :)

I'm the same got my hopes up on all my injectables cycles to be left devastated!!! I think it's good to take a different approach I might have to copy you there :hugs:

SCERENA I believe its the second time we have done that ;-)

Bizz - I believe you should def. stop the royal jelly before you start stimms. As far as the aspirin I am not sure.

bizzibii haha we do have a tendency of posting at the same time :haha:

ttcbaby I bet you're getting excited to start stimming aren't you :)

I am so ready just to be pregnant...lol...if it means I have to stim in order for it to happen then so be it ;)

ttcbaby I'm totally the with you :) we are pros at stimming anyway aren't we :)

Do you ladies mind if I join? I won't be doing a full ivf cycle, but I will be doing my first FET in May. We've been TTC since August 2009 and have done two ivfs, the last one in Dec 2012 which ended with a double ectopic in my right tube (my re said he's never seen that in 26 years of practice :( ).

Right now I'm just waiting for AF to show so I can start BC. If everything goes like it should, my transfer will be on May 16.

:hi: lucie welcome :)
Sorry to hear about the double ectopic you had :hugs: :hugs:

I too am waiting for af to start bcps as I'm egg sharing for my IVF :)

Sounds like you've had a rough time :hugs: I hope that things will be a lot smoother for you this time around :hugs:

scenera, pre-clomid my cycles ranged from 30-50 days, probably averaged around 40 days but the unpredictability was alway worst and frustrating when it was a 50 day month!! If I O'd when I think I did this month, then this cycle should only be aboud 28-30 days which would be amazing. I will find out next weekend! Oh boo to the bfn you got on your test. A natural bfp would be amazing :)

bizzibi, I agree with the other girls that it may be good to either stop or at least specifically ask your doctor about those items you are taking right now.

ttcbaby, totally agree that we will do whatever it takes to get our bfp!!

welcome lucie! so sorry about the difficulties that you have had to deal with so far, but definitely have my fingers crossed for you on the upcoming FET!

starlight hopefully you have a 28/30day cycle this month that would be good :) or a bfp :)

It's okay I Knew the test would be a bfn... I just wish af would hurry up already! :dohh:

I bet you're looking forward to your consult :)

Hi girls can I join you? I have unexplained secondary infertility and have been TTC #2 for 22 cycles now. Assuming I don't miraculously conceive in March I will be starting antagonist protocol ivf injections on around 10th April which will hopefully result in ER on 24th and ET of 1 or 2 day5 blastos on around 29th April. I'm 37 and concieved DS naturally back in 2010 after 7 months of trying.

:hi: captain fx'd you get your miracle this month :) if not then at least you are on a antagonist cycle which will be quick :)
I, looking forward to following your journey :hugs:

starlight thanks :) I was a bit naughty and took some provera I had from a previous cycle, because my cycles are sooooooo long :dohh: anyhow I take it for 5 days and then my af should arrive around 10days after the last pill, well that's what usually happens with me... It love for it to show earlier though so I can get on these bcps etc :)

How are you? I hope you're well???

ttcbaby :hi: it will be good for us all to follow your journey :) sending you tons of luck :)

born2bamama great news that hubby has a good SA :) I'm overloading oh on vits etc so hoping and praying we won't need ICSI either fx'd!!!

The extra vits you are taking apart from your prenatal was you told to take them? I haven't been told to take anything else that's why I was wondering?
Sounds like you have a good plan :)

Hey scerena!
The extra vitamins I wasn't told to take- however, they told me they were fine to take, and as for the aspirin it is actually part of the ivf protocol at my clinic so it must be good (at least in their opinion). Good luck for your hubby's SA too- I hope you guys don't need ICSI either!

Bizz - I believe you should def. stop the royal jelly before you start stimms. As far as the aspirin I am not sure.

Hey Girls,
Just wanted to weigh in on the aspirin- it is actually in my IVF protocol to start taking 1/day when you start down regging and throughout the process, so I'm guessing it must be fine while stimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->