Buddies wanted--Starting IVF April 2013-June 2013!

Vegas sounds like sooooo much fun!!! I'm jealous!!! Bet you can't wait!!!

6k is a lot of money but so worth it when you get your bfp :) what other costs might you have to pay for when the cycle goes on???

Yh I will be on the spray I just wish I could get started like ASAP! Been waiting for so long! My old clinic messed me around so much, I moved clinics at the end of feb and they have been amazing :)

Oh thats good you switched clinics, thankfully my clinic is awesome since its the only one in the province lol. I felt like my family dr wasted my time and messed things up(wrong tests, advising me not to go to this clinic, etc) so i know what you mean!
The other costs will be icsi (1500-if we need it), freezing embryos (1000), and meds which will be 4k or more :(
but of course worth every penny if we get our bfp!!

Fx'd you don't need the ICSI at least to save some money :hugs:

Yh so glad I changed clinics this one is amazing :)

So are you all set for Vegas? All packed etc?

Not packed yet, I'll get to that this weekend I guess. I've been really busy, I swear all I do is work! I work all day and then come home, make supper, and work my pt job (work from home) until I go to bed... I'm sooo excited for IVF because it also means I have an excuse to give myself a break so I'm going to stop doing the pt job for half of April and all of May. I also took some vacation days from my ft job, can't wait!!

Are any of you planning on taking it easier/time off during ivf?

welcome scerena! :)

sorry I have been MIA for a few days ladies, everything has been so busy! Was travelling yesterday for work and then a snowstorm hit and got stranded at the airport for a while - I can't believe it is the end of March and feels like the middle of January!

born2bmama - super exciting that you gotten the first payment in for IVF, must be feeling reall now! can't wait to hear all about your trip!! so nice to be somewhere a bit warmer :) whatever you don't pack, you can buy when you're there hehe.

as for taking time off for IVF, I am not sure what to expect yet! how far in advance do you know about the ER and ET? I was trying to figure out how to manage missing days at work if we only find out relatively last minute??

So I went for my last pre ivf consulation today. I got all the meds and I am starting this cycle. On the 21st day of the cycle which will be 2nd April I am starting injections . Decapeptyl is the name. After that I need the af to come one more time so I can start on gonal-f. I should have the puncture around 2nd May. After 5 years of ttc this is the last hope. I am excited !

born2bamama wow you work all days and then do a part time job you're amazing doing that :)
That's great that you will give yourself a break during your IVF sounds like you really need that break :hugs: you must be so tired!

I'm planning on taking time off after ET, but I only work part time at the moment anyway...

starlight thanks for the welcome :hugs: poor you being stranded in a now storm at the airport!!!

You're right it does not feel like the end of march at all :dohh: time is going far to quick!!!

I've followed a few ladies IVF journeys, you won't really know until nearer the time as depends on how your body responds, but they can give you estimated dates when you go for your scans :hugs:

bizzibii we posted at the same time :dohh: that's great that you're getting started :) exciting times ahead for you :happydance: can't wait to follow your journey :)

bizzibii - ohh that is so exciting that you have the meds and that you are starting!!! will want to hear about everything as you go through it :) after ttc for so long, i really hope that this is it for you xxoo

scerena - thanks for the info on timing. that is super helpeful as i thought it was the case, but wasn't totally sure! no one at work knows that we are ttc, much less doing ivf, so when that time comes i will just need to make up some excuses to miss a couple days of work! I was thinking that I would just take one day off for the ER and then another one for the ET because it may be tough to take off more, but at the same time worried that I should maybe rest a bit more --- what will you ladies be doing?

Ladies, how are you preparing for ivf ? I am thinking of giving up my morning coffee....

I am juicing, eating organic and mostly whole foods. No caffeine, added sugar or salt. I am also taking vitamins and doing acupuncture. I would like to start yoga too.

I saw my gyno today. He was supposed to let me know if he heard back from the fertility clinic and how to proceed. So he heard back from them and one snag is they want me to see a cardiologist before they take me. I have a heart condition called Long QT syndrome. It isn't something that affects me and I'm not on medication for it but they just want to be sure the meds or pregnancy will affect me. This is just an annoying delay. My gyno is trying hard to get me an appt with a cardiologist ASAP. I will have to wait this out now. Boo!

I have been eating healthier. One thing that I need to kick is having a diet pop every day. They have them free at work so I can't help but grab one with my lunch every day! I love diet pepsi but it has caffeine in it, but I think there may be some non-caffeine pops available, so switching to that would be a start....right? I need to get better at taking my daily folic as I have been horrible with that.

Mrs. T - hope that they are able to speed alon gthe appt with the cardiologist so that it doesn't hold things up!! Why is it that we are constantly having to wait for things?!

Well got an email today... I'm officially matched for egg sharing :happydance: now I have to wait on my af for BCPs and then the next af I will be stimming... Just wish my cycles weren't so irregular :grr:

"We’ve matched you!
Can you please tell me day one of your last period, how many days your cycles are (i.e. 28 days) and if you have any travel plans in the next 6-8 weeks?
The nurses will need this for planning purposes."

They have since wrote back saying to call on day one of my period if the nurses haven't called me before hand to go through my plan with me :)
So hoping to be stimming in May sometime fx'd!!!!

starlight well, I've heard some fs say to carry on as normal and some say rest, I think I will continue as normal but rest when I can, but guess ill see nearer the time...
The caffeine free pop sounds like a good improvement :)

bizzbii I've been exercising a lot more, keeping up with my vits and cut back on the cups of yes I barely drink it anymore, I don't drink coffee as I don't like it... Coffee sounds like a good start :)

mrs t sounds like you are doing everything you can :) I've never tried acupuncture... I know it has a lot of benefits, I think I need to try it, I'm scared for some reason lol even though I've injected myself loads of times haha! I heard that you don't even feel them but I need work out if I will try it or not...

I'm so hoping that your appointment comes through ASAP :hugs:

Hey girls! I would love to join you ladies!!!! I just got the call that I have been approved by my insurance to start my IVF cycle in mid-April! I was supposed to start IVF in feb/March but last minute the insurance decided that I should try one more IUI cycle with injectables. Well that didn't work out because I over stimulated. :shrug: I'm so darn excited! I've been told to give my body a rest for one month, if no period then I come in on April 15th for blood work and ultrasound and then they'll bring on a period to start me on my long protocol of BCP and Lupron! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hi: augustluvers :) I will be doing the long protocol probably around the same time as you :)

What injectables did you use??? I used menopur on my injectables cycle :)

:hi: augustluvers :) I will be doing the long protocol probably around the same time as you :)

What injectables did you use??? I used menopur on my injectables cycle :)

Hey Scerena :hi: I was just reading your last post and thought "hey we will be stimming together"!!!! :happydance::hugs: On my first cycle I used Bcp/Lurpon/Bravelle/Menupor and Hcg trigger. On the second I used bcp/lurpon/follistim and then two days of menupor (no trigger due to cancelled IUI). My FS mentioned wanting to use Menupor with Follistim since I reacted lovely to them this past cycle. I had 15 fully mature follicles on cycle day 12 and that was with a low dose injection of 75 units. :dohh:

augustluvers sounds like you respond very well :) I bet you cannot wait its so exciting isn't it!!! Hopefully we will be stimming together all depending when this af decides to show :)

I will be doing menopur too :)

August - that is exciting you got the go ahead from insurance and will be starting so soon!!

Scerena - wohoo for getting the call that you've been matched and are starting soon!! May I ask exactly what is egg sharing and how does it work? So so excited for you!

Hey starlight :)
Basically I do a normal IVF cycle but I share half of my eggs with another lady (someone for example who has had cancer, early menopause or bad quality eggs etc) I get my cycle cheaper and I get to help another lady at the same time :)

Can't wait for us all to get started :happydance:

That is a wonderful idea scenera! You are so close to starting now!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->