Buddies who are TTC for #1?

andianna - awww so sorry to hear that AF is showing up :hugs: But you are right! having a regular cycle is a good thing for predicting O next cycle! :dust:

Cathi- OMG I'm so resisting POAS. Even though I just feel "out" this month I still want to! :shrug:

Kuji - Oh how exciting to give the wonderful news to Grandma! I bet she'll be over the moon for you!

AFM, Still not really feeling it. I want to, really bad though. Even with the little bit of discomfort/cramping I'm feeling right now, I still just don't feel pregnant. I think I'm just overthinking my temps. Cause, they were all over the place and now have leveled out. weird. idk. No AF symptoms though, but it's still a little early for that.

Cathiinoo- Good luck with your 10km women's walk/run! I know I wouldn't be able to do it! :haha: Just try your best, I'm sure you can do it.
Yeah AF and pregnancy symptoms are crazy similar. The only difference is that often (not always) pregnancy symptoms are an exaggerated version of it. No matter what though, it's confusing as hell and leads to disappointment sometimes :(

andiannajones- Looks like I'm a hypo. I'm really borderline a problem. The doctor wanted to do my follow-up blood tests in 6 months but when I told him I was pregnant, he changed it to 6 weeks. The look on his face was gold though! He was so shocked that I was expecting and told me how its usually super hard for women with thyroid issues to get pregnant. I guess I have SMEP and pre-seed to thanks for the help! And it also makes me pretty happy to know that my odds were actually pretty low and I beat them anyway!
But anyway, blood tests every 6 weeks from now on! Woo! Not looking forward to that but if something will become an issue, I want to know! I'll definitely keep you girls updated about it all :)

Oh I know she'll be crazy excited! I'm thinking of also filming her reaction. I really want to remember it forever~ She's one of the most important people to me and I'm thinking maybe she gave me my luck to get pregnant too! When I slept over in the early month, she said how she couldn't wait till I was finally pregnant. Then I get my bfp by mid month! Grandma gave me :dust: :haha:

I'm sorry af will be showing her face... :( But I'm happy you can find the good out of it! Anyway, you have next month and I'm sure you can do it! Fx!

Pnut- I hope she will :) I'm really excited!
Well, no matter what, let us know. Anyway, if it's not this month, you have next month to try and I'm sure it'll go great!

:dust: to all you ladies!

Kuji - You should totally film it! That would be awesome; I just know she supplied your baby dust. I think it's absolutely better to know ahead of time with things like blood work, keeps anything from becoming a crisis. Good for you keeping up with it all! :thumbup:

Pnut - The wait seriously sucks, I know. But maybe your temps leveling out is indicative of either (1) you getting better at temping or (2) return to normal state of things! It looks seriously complicated, I was not told there would be math! :haha:

(As promised) I went to the lake this evening for my friend's birthday party and, just knowing AF was coming, took the usual precautions. Got home about an hour ago and...nothing, no blood of any kind...aside from the spotting this morning. And as an added bonus - weird stabby pains in my uterus! I swear, the second you start ttc you cannot remember if you've ever had these symptoms before...I'm going to have to start keeping a detailed uterus diary. Dear God, what a sentence. Anyway, I'm actually hoping AF either pans out to normal tomorrow or goes away altogether. The wait is absolute agony. :coffee:

Oh Kuji, what a blessing! I'm kinda glad you didn't know about your thyroid before hand as it might have added to the stress and prevented your BFP. I may have to try your method if we don't catch the eggy this cycle. And maybe your grandma can send some baby dust our way?

adianna - Giirrrlll, I'm so bad at math. I'm considering having Hubs research temps and stuff since he's way better at doing the numbers thing than I am. And I am totally having those funky uterus pains too! I'm supposed to get af sometimes middle or end of this week, if my period tracker is right. FF says next week. :shrug:

andiannajones- How weird... AF just loves to be a jerk when we're ttc... Fx that she won't show up. :haha: But I guess we'll see!

PnutProtector- Yeah, I'm also glad I didn't find out until now. I know for a fact that I would have stressed like crazy!
If you ever have any questions, ask away! :) I'll be happy to answer them! And will do! I'll ask my grandma to spread the dust when I announce it to her! :haha: I mean, she easily conceived and birthed 5 children(all a year apart), so she should spread that around a little!

Kuji - You have to be tough as hell to have five kids a year apart from each other...that's inhuman!

Pnut - I've staved off buying the BBT thermometer because I'm about 98% certain I will not be doing it correctly...I'm a lawyer, words words words...not math.

This is day 3 of spotting...I think this has happened to me before, I think I might just escape with a really light af this month (as soon as I submit this I'm sure I will regret typing that). It's very strange though, kind of wish it would just hurry up and finish already. :wacko:

FF does all the math for you, really. Unless you want to do the "fixing" of temps when you take them at different times, which I don't do. I have a window 5-7am and if i don't make it in that window I throw it out. It's remembering not to move too much before taking temp that gets me. I'm still getting in the habit of doing that, so Hopefully next cycle (if no BFP this round) I'll be better at it.

andiannajones- :haha: Women back in the day were just popping babies left and right! Worse of all, my grandmother wanted more but the doctor wouldn't let her. I'm a little mad that back then my grandmother had no power to tell the doctor no and do what she wanted. But I know she was still very happy with the children she did have :)

Well whatever is going on with AF, I hope she goes away soon!

Pnut- Temping isn't the easiest. I would prefer the nights when SO wasn't there at night so I'd have my thermometer on the bed next to me! :haha:

HAHA I've been debating if I should just put my thermometer on his pillow!

How are we doing today ladies? I'm experiencing some wicked discomfort right now. I can't get comfortable when I lay down to sleep, all my normal comfy positions are no longer comfy. UGH.

Hello ladies!

I'm on day four of this random limbo. I feel like af is happening but it just won't...kick over to actually committing to it (you know?). I wonder if I just had an anovulatory cycle or something. :shrug: The cramps are super super mild (can barely call them cramps)...so I'm not complaining, just confused. Someone do a rain dance...Kuji! Call you grandmother! :haha:. In all seriousness, I have a dollar store test under my sink but feel stupid using it when I know af will show up proper the second I do.

Pnut - That's the absolute worst (not being able to get comfortable). We should just buy a bunch of thermometers and put them all over the house, the men will eventually get the hint.

That has got to be so annoying to be waiting for AF to just come already and she won't. UGH. I feel your pain. I think I'm going through that too. Although, I've been getting a little lightheaded today for some reason. :shrug: So I caved at got a dollar store test, :bfn: Oh well. Just ready to get this cycle over with and move on to the next one.

It's totally aggravating. I made an appointment with OB/GYN for next Tuesday (9/1). I guess I needed to do that anyway just to get any bad news over with if there is any. Today is day 5 of odd spotting, but it just seems like a really really light af to me? :shrug: Not even going through a whole tampon in an entire day...which is unheard of for me.
I caved and took the dollar store test yesterday evening, BFN. Got up this morning and the test had a super obvious pink second line, but it was like 15 hours later or something, so it's gotta be an evap. None the less, took a clear blue digital this morning and surprise surprise BFN. Dollar test was an anomaly I'm sure.
At this point, I'm thinking I just had an off cycle and am not going to overthink it (kind of impossible). Either the Dr. will have something to say about it on Tuesday or not. I've read about women (especially older women...*cough cough*) who have light periods in early pregnancy or as a sign of a chemical. Either way, I'm sure AF will show up tomorrow and I'll feel stupid at the Dr. on Tuesday! Here's hoping for a better September cycle. :thumbup:

UGH. That sounds so frustrating. But maybe the dr can give you a little insight into why you're spotting/super light af. I've heard that, although it's rare, sometimes the pee tests don't signal positive for some women and a blood test at the dr will show a positive. :shrug: So if AF doesn't really show maybe ask for a blood test.

Sorry about the bfns girls! :hugs:

The POAS getting negatives and only bloodwork being positive is a true fact for some women. I have a friend who's younger than me, for all three of her children she has never gotten a single positive pregnancy test. But of course she'd have all the signs and a missed period so she's get blood work then and bfp! For all three of her kids!

Fx you might be someone with a similar case! Or at least that AF doesn't show up before your appointment!

No signs of AF yet. FF says she should be here tomorrow, the day we leave for our weekend getaway. I'm torn between wanting AF to come so we can get started on the new cycle faster, and wanting AF to stay away until after our trip.

Thanks ladies! AF is a little stronger today, so weird...but at least I'm no longer struggling with the "I wonder if I'm pregnant" train, because I know I'm not. This af is finally looking like she's about to be serious about it. Kind of a relief, actually, after the strangeness of this cycle. Just ready to move on to cycle 2; debating SMEP as Kuji suggested, but may take one more month of not overthinking it and just see what happens :thumbup:
Still going to Dr. on Tuesday just to ask about this strange cycle, etc... it takes about two months to get an appointment usually, so I might as well take advantage of meeting this woman if I'm going to be dealing with her on a consistent basis soon (fx).
Pnut - Concentrate on your weekend getaway, pack supplies and hope you don't have to use them! The timing of the worrying/waiting is never ideal it seems, best to keep yourself distracted!
Kuji - How are you doing my dear? :flower:

Pnut- Fx that AF stays away! I really hope it works out for the better for you! :flower:

andiannajones- Well at least AF is finally getting stronger for you. That way she can go away and then you can start next cycle!

Definitely do what you feel you need to do. When I even found out about SMEP, I was in a desperate situation to get pregnant, even though it was just three cycles before. So if you feel you can do another month just normally, then do it :) It's whatever feels right for you!

Today, I'm alright. Some scents are bothering me so I got SO to clean the cat litter, we cleaned the chinchilla's cage and threw out all the trash. I just have to finish some dishes and wash all the counters. So apparently it's a cleaning day :haha: But I'm just so tired of some scents bothering me so bad! AHH!
Also got the last call from the insurance which were being assholes again. This time I was just pissy with them. The guy just didn't understand what I was telling him properly and assumed I didn't see my doctor since last month even though I kept trying to tell him I saw him last week!!!! He FINALLY got the story and apologized. Better have too or I would have been angrier! So things SHOULD be alright now. :growlmad:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be alright. :haha: Just trying to destress a little. And how are you ladies? :D

Andianna - glad AF is finally getting her act together. Next cycle here we come!

Kuji - Oh boy! Scent sensitivity is the worst I hear. I hope it eases up soon!

Ok. According to FF I am one day late. According to my other period tracker I'm 4 days late. I took an HPT on Wednesday and it was negative. I have a fresh box of FRER and I'm going to test in the morning. I've been nauseous, bloated, really tired, and having some, I can't call them cramps, but it's like twinges or pulling. I dunno ladies. I'm hoping it's not all in my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->