Buddy wanted, due in Jan, First time mums.

Kota don't you dare disappear off to knit anything, I need you with me every step of the way. Your PMA is wonderful :hugs:

Magik - welcome and just being nosey but how old is an older Mum? I don't want to be called an older Mum and I'm 35 :(

I'd love a preggo buddy.. I'm due January 31st, this is my first time ever being pregnant. Dr. Appt tomorrow for basics, then will be searching for a midwife/clinic to use longterm.

I'd love a preggo buddy.. I'm due January 31st, this is my first time ever being pregnant. Dr. Appt tomorrow for basics, then will be searching for a midwife/clinic to use longterm.

Hey im due 28th so am only 3 days ahead of you. hope your docs appointment goes well, i have got to wait till sat for my first one as they were full up all week :hug:

Hey Purplerat :)
Great name lol.... i'm due around the 14th-17th (depending on which calc you use!)...... I'm nervous and excited too! :)

As for the rest of you lovely ladies, do we want to start a group chat or are you looking for more individual buddies?

Purpleish

Hello all,

I am a first time Mum too, my EDD is 10th January :)

i'm happy with a group chat, lots of ideas and thoughts going around!

Hey Kota

Thats great news to hear! So, to start things off - is anyone else confused about what you can/cant eat? I've been wanted to eat tuna & mayo sandwiches - but cant find out if hellmans is a good idea or not? Any suggestions?

Thanks

purple

Group chat is fine, more brain cells to share info that way. As for mayo, basically shop bought like helmans is fine as it has been pasteurised. I'm quite relaxed about the food thing, because no-one worried about what mum's ate in pregnancy 20+ years ago, it's only more recently children have become allergy ridden and I believe it's because we are too clean now. My Dr is fab on the food thing using a common sense approach, I can eat eggs with lions stamped on them (no salmonella risk) but obviously not raw, dippy eggs ok. If I want my brocoli and stilton soup, I can make my own and know it's cooked thouroughly so no bugs left. I won't have pate (although can't remeber why I shouldn't) I don't eat liver or shell fish. Basically I'm going to carry on as normal with a little bit of added common sense.

Re the brain cells, I think I've lost half of mine already, please excuse the rubbish spelling as it appears my spellin cell has left me :(

Hi Tigger :)
Thanks for the advice about the mayo... as it didnt say pasturised on the label for the mayo I was a little unsure :).... don't worry too much about the spelling... I completely understand :)
I really love your tigger count down - thats great!
Purple

nope, dixie, just meant chatting in here.

Purplish - i was checking out my jar of hellmans yesterday and it actually states that its pasturized so I wouldn't be worried about that. its more home made mayo that you have to be worried about as it has raw eggs in it.

Tiggercats - I'm with you. pretty much the same with some common sense thrown in. I've been told the thing about the red lion stamps on the eggs so although I'm not having them runny now, I'm sure once I'm further down the line that I'll have one occasionally! Really pleased to hear about the broc and stilton home made soup as well, I was actually talking to OH about this the other day and we came to the decision that it would be okay as you'd know the bactieria would be cooked off!
My big thing is steak! I love my steak being med/rare so struggling with that, it seems the only way to get around it is to buy really really good quality steaks then have them med. this may mean not having steak as often though as it costs to much to buy the quality of meat! lol,

Can u add me girls...

My E.D.D is on 22nd jan n will know exact date next week with my scan....

I am soooo excited n bit worried ... I had lots of masala n pickle last month before my pregnancy confirmed, so i am bit worried abt it n i heard that lots of maslas n picles will turn babies complexion to black so i am very much worried abt that

Oh my gosh, I've never heard that before. I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about, unless genetics/race have it that way, I'm sure theres very little chance of your babies complexion being turned to black.

Hey All,

Kota - thanks for that piece of advice - I'll go out and buy some immediately lol :)

Got up this morning and just wanted to go straight back to bed..... first time I've felt truely nautious.....

Oh the fun of it all - everyone having a good day?

Purple

sound a bit like me!! Not nauses as such, just feeling really off.. have spent the day drifting in and out of naps on the couch. I so don't have the energy to do anything at the moment! :sleep:

Hey Kota,
Found anything that helps? I was told peppermint tea but not so sure, think I'd rather have something fizzy.....

Purple

fizzy does it for me too, which is strange cause i normally never drink fizzy drinks. Bit worried about the sugar in lemonade though so thought I'd get tonic water, just found out that has quinen in it though which we're not supposed to have to much of so thats out. Am going to have to find big bottles of either soda water or sparkling water. and add lime squash to it. that seems to do the trick.

purpleish you have a good name too :p

Well Im eating like normal pretty much. I don't eat pate or shellfish usually. Just making sure everything is cooked thoroughly.

Iv found im not into dairy much at the moment - and I normally love chocolate. I seem to want lots of fruit and veg! Anyone else had any cravings yet?

Hey Purp :)

Well, even though I usually really like cake, sweets etc - just not that into it now, really like cereal (?) and frozen fresh fruit....

Can't wait for the real cravings to start!

Purple

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->