Buddy wanted, due in Jan, First time mums.

I don't think it is a craving as such, but I am eating more toast, I had virtually given up bread and toast as it made me feel bloated and yuk (I have an unknown allergy, current thinking is coeliac disease) Now I'm eating bread daily or even twice a day, but don't feel as bad as I used to with it.

Kota about the steak, is med/rare still hot in the middle? If so then surely all the bugs cooked and killed. If you're cooking at home, maybe buy a food temp probe, so you can stop cooking it once it reaches 75c.

So far barely any sickness now I've cut out the liquid caffeine (it appears fine from the chocolate :blush: )

As I've done too much the last few days, and before I worrying myself sick, I've booked a private scan for 9weeks :happydance: I'm so excited about seeing a bit more this time and I'm going to ask my Mum if she wants to come.

Hi Tigger

Hope all going ok - Im just hungry all the time, although when I do eat - just makes me feel queesy lol :) I stopped drinking caffeine a while ago.... but still have the odd pieces of chocolate (Although don't fancy them either atm!)..

I saw in your signature something about a 52 mile bike ride? are you doing that? I've been trying to read up about what exercise is safe during pregnancy - especialy abs work... any suggestions?

Hope everyones having a great day,

Purple
x

hi there, this is my first time too and I am due in January. Is it ok if I join?

Hi Beanz, welcome along!!

Tiggercats - No it wasn't that it wasn't warm, but if there is still blood juices then surely that can't be good? and thats how i liked it!! I'm the same with the bread, have been trying to limit my wheat intake for the last couple of months as, same thing, very bloated and icky tummy, now though I can't get enough... carbs!!!

ooops I forgot that I joined this thread - there are just tooo many places to be on this site my preggy brain can't cope:rofl:

After a week of having an upset stomach and feeling sick I am feeling a little more normal today (or maybe I have grown an alergy to work ha ha ) The preggy brain has soooooo kicked in and the girls at work are going to have a hard time until I leave :rofl: I couldn't find my pen - which was like in front of me, I franked a letter without putting the address on :dohh:

Hi Tigger

Hope all going ok - Im just hungry all the time, although when I do eat - just makes me feel queesy lol :) I stopped drinking caffeine a while ago.... but still have the odd pieces of chocolate (Although don't fancy them either atm!)..

I saw in your signature something about a 52 mile bike ride? are you doing that? I've been trying to read up about what exercise is safe during pregnancy - especialy abs work... any suggestions?

Hope everyones having a great day,

Purple
x

I am indeed doing 52miles around London 19th July which will make me 15weeks PG. Any exercise you are currently doing is generally OK to continue (but do check with Dr/midwife to be sure) If you want to start anything new, then consult Dr first.

From NHS pregnancy guide https://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/Category.aspx?CategoryID=54

If you're enjoying a normal, healthy pregnancy, it's a good idea to carry on doing some exercise, providing that you're not undertaking a strenuous new regime. However, you should check with your GP, or midwife, that exercising won't pose a risk for your specific medical situation.

Cycling is a good activity to do while pregnant, but it isn't usually recommended after the second trimester of pregnancy (after 26 weeks) due to the risk of falls. However, you can use an exercise bike for as long as you like.

Avoid dangerous and strenuous activities
There are certain activities that aren't recommended for pregnant women. For example, you should avoid activities that involve high altitudes, such as mountaineering, or hot air ballooning, because the change in oxygen levels may trigger premature labour.

You should also avoid activities where there is a risk of hard falls, or where you might be thrown off balance, such as horse riding, gymnastics, or water skiing. Strenuous activities, or those that involve a decrease in your oxygen levels, such as hiking, scuba diving, or alpine skiing, are also best avoided while pregnant.

Extreme sports, such as hang-gliding, skydiving, and bungee jumping should also be avoided because they may pose a health risk to you and your baby.

Fairground rides, such as rollercoasters, can be dangerous if you're pregnant because the rapid stops and starts may cause damage to your womb (uterus). Most rides at theme parks and funfairs have signs that advise pregnant women not to go on them.

I'm sure i've seen better info somewhere, but can't find it at the moment.

Hi Beanz

This is becoming quite a busy thread, lots of first timers due in Jan

I've just got my chocolate tasting box from Hotel Chocolat today, so it will probably form a large part of my diet for the rest of the day :)

:hugs: everyone

Normally I think I'd be drooling at the idea of a Hotel Chocolat tasting box but I'm so turned off chocolate at the moment its unreal!
Enjoy it though, and make sure you eat it while sitting on the couch with your feet up! :winkwink:

Hi,
Im due 4th January with my first. So exited! x

Hey guys, I'm due January 16th with my first, mind if I join? :)

Hi, im also due 2nd Jan.

I've been craving chocolate, cakes and lots of fruit and veg which tastes fantastic at the moment. Not sure if its due to being preg or giving up smoking or both but im loving my food. I pretty much eat all day and when im not eating im thinking about food. Luckily dont seem to have put much weight on yet but if I carry on at this rate i will be huge by the time baby comes.

I've cut down to decaf tea most of the day but I have one full-caff tea early in the morning and i treat myself to the odd diet coke. I've enjoyed reading your posts, so nice to hear that you are all having similar experiences.x

Hi girls, mind if I join also? I'm due 5th Jan with my first.

I'm starting to grow just a bit, jeans feeling tighter. I've been looking around at maternity clothes but haven't actually bought any yet. When are you girls planning to buy some?

Well a friend of mine who recently had a baby gave me a few pairs of maternity jeans. They are nice ones from Topshop, but she's a size bigger than me to begin with so I think i'll have to grow a bit before they'll fit. My jeans and trousers still fit me but they just dont seem cosy enough! So im going to shop for some cheap, comfy pyjama trousers instead so I can be super comfy when im chillin at home (which is a lot these days!).

My hunger got the better of me today on the way home from work I had to stop at Burger King (it was only 4.30)! My husand and stepson will be gutted when they get home and find out ive been without them but I just could not resist!

Now im off for an early bath!

God i sound like a right lazy sod, im not normally honest! Ive always been the sort of person to do everything at double-speed, work hard, play hard etc... But im enjoying my new laid back lifestyle, its kind of fun! x

Can I join please? :D I am due on 11th January and uber super excited! It was an unplanned pregnancy in the NTNP way but can't wait to meet peanut!

I had first scan at 8 weeks due to abdominal pains but all turned out to be great and we saw Peanuts heartbeat :happydance:

Hi Nienna and welcome!

Are you girls doing anything for Father's day? I was thinking of baking cupcakes and buying hubby a fatherhood book. I already bought a cute card for "dad-to-be". He's going to be a terrific dad! :)

Hi everyone, can I join please. I am pregnant with no1 and due around 12th/13th Jan, same as you Kota. Just been to see the midwife and have been given a bounty pack. Having my first scan sometime next week before I go on my jollies! :)

I didnt realise I was pregnant til recently as was getting :bfn: a lot, but she has gone off my LMP being 8th April I will stick at this date unless anything changes at scan.

This thread is great! x

Anyone else had breakouts? I am just starting to feel more awake now after being exhausted the past couple of weeks!

Hi all,

I'm expecting my first 28th January, does seem real yet, mind if I join you all? O:)

Hi all

I am a first time mum - due Jan 17th. so am about 11+3 weeks

Doing well so far.

Had nausea from weeks 6-10, but that seems to have passed now. Just tired all the time now.

No cravings or anything.
Have put on a little bit of weight around my tummy but no bump yet.

take care
:hug:

Hey everyone! Mind if i join?
I'm due 4th January with my first :) x

Hi girlies,

Just seen this thread now. I too am a first time mum due on the 2nd Jan. Just hit the 2nd tri now and feeling well excited. Can't wait to have a visible bump rather than looking a bit on the plump side. I think I may start going back to the gym in the next few days too. From running about 4-5 times a week to doing nothing for the last 2months it does feel really weird. Might leave the running until I pop though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->