Buddy wanted please!

laurasbubble

Reaction score
I'm 30, and have been ready for a child for many years, it's just never been the right time.
Anyone who has met me in the past ten years or more knows how much I adore children.
I have watched my sister give birth and bring up her daughter, she is pregnant again due in July. My best mate is in labour as I type and my other best mate is due June, so I am not only overjoyed with their news but a little sad as I am yet to conceive.
Naturally I have a lot of "what about me... when is it my turn... don't I deserve a baby!" feelings - but at the moment they are at bay.
Having a child would make my life everything it should be... I have always wanted to be a mother, and when my bf and I decided to ttc last year I was so happy.
I came off the implanon in December, so my cycle would be okay by the time the boyfriend moved in with me (March 3rd). We've not been using contraception and the more I think about the possibility of being pregnant the more excited I am.
Anyway, I'm looking for someone similar, to ground me in moments of crazy times, and a friend.
Thanks, Laura x

Hi Laura,

My name is Becky and me and my hubby are both 27. I came off Implanon early in November after using it for 6 years and we have been TTC ever since. My cycles have been out of whack a little and I'm not sure if I am Ovulating properly yet. My AF started yesterday so I will be temp charting this month and using OPK's since this is the 3rd cycle we have been TTC.

I've been going a little crazy too. Everywhere I look friends and friends of friends are announcing they are pregnant and my Best Friend is due her 1st Baby in June.
Hubby also thinks I'm becoming obsessed so I joined here to find others in my situation for a chat/vent etc.

Would love have another buddy, feel free to vent etc

xxx xxx

Hey ladies my name is Angela I'm 29 soon to be the big 30.

My DH and I have been trying for many years and have several complications along the way I wasn't ovulating got prescribed clomid that made me ovulate however no luck do far. My left tube was blocked also I have had that cleared as well so it's just been one thing after another.

Now I'm at the stage of when will his ever happen, why me, what have I done so I totally understand what's going through your mind and feel when you see other females pregnant etc.

It's great to come to this site and met all you lovely ladies that I can share my experience with and help and support each other through some of the toughest times. If you need a rant or suppo then I'll be happy to join forces and be bump buddies.

Hi Angela.

Congrats on nearing the big 30!! :laugh2:
Sorry to hear you have PCOS and a blocked tube. When did you have tube unblocked?
Easier said than done I know but stay as positive as you can, everybody on here is here to help support.
Will be crossing everything for you this cycle :)

xxx

Hi Becky and Angela - it's really nice to meet you both...

My best friend gave birth last night to a stunningly beautiful little boy, I was far too emotional to explain - mostly happy for them for starting a family...

My cycle seems to be okay, I'm ovulating at the moment but we can't TTC as the bf lives miles away and isn't visiting. We tried on days 12, 13, 14 and 15 of my cycle so it maybe enough to conceive... Who knows!?

I turned 30 in July 2011, and it was lovely... However late 20's to mid 30's is the time everyone seems to get pregnant. It sounds like you've had a rough time Angela - but I second Becky and wish you nothing but luck.

I don't think anyone can understand how we women feel about all of this - it's emotionally draining. But we'll get there!

I now have 2 weeks to wait until my period or until that amazing positive test comes.

Are you both on facebook? We could chat on there also.

Big love ladies - we can do this!
Laura xxx

Hi Becky, Angela and Laura,
Hope you don't mind if I join in too?
My name is Lee and I'm 29 today :)
My dh & I just got married in early December, and I had my implanon removed at the end of that month, so this is our first cycle without contraception but not sure how long it will take for my cycle to get back to normal. I'm fairly sure I o'd last weekend so thinking af should arrive around next weekend but who knows :)
Angela- sorry to hear about the complications you have been having, I hope you have better luck heading your way.
I'd love to share this journey with you ladies, especially since we are all around the same age, and so ready for our first :)
Looking forward to updates from you all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEE
and welcome!
It sounds like we're all in the same boat, and it really is lovely to know there are other people like us out there!
How are you feeling?
Laura xxx

Feeling good :) although have had some wierd symptoms since immediately after getting tge implanon removed. Most notably really sore bbs and the seemed to grow significantly overnight! I'm not a big girl so it was very noticeable to me and dh. I guess my hormones are just trying to figure out how they should act on their own without the presence of bc hormones lol. Looking forward to understanding my cycle once its back to normal.
Where in the world are you?

Welcome LilyLee :)

I also had my Implanon removed at the end of November. I havnt detected any Ovulation since had mine removed but im on CD6 of my 3rd cycle since removal so hoping this month an eggy drops :)

How is everyone else doing?

xxxxx

Hi all,
I'm in Swansea, Wales... But I am originally from Sheffield and have lived all over.
Day 19 of ovulation. Feeling pretty stressed with work and think PMT is kicking in... Flipping hormones!
On facebook my name is Laura Lou and the picture is of blue sky's taken from a boat. Feel free to add me, but let me know who you are!
My cycle has been pretty good since the implanon was removed, granted I'm only on cycle 2 but I was shocked my cycle was normal right away.
My AF is due on the 23rd of Jan, and I've loads to do in-between to keep me busy but it doesn't help me from wondering.
Is there a baby forming in my stomach?
How do you guys feel about getting negative tests? I did 6 tests while waiting for my AF last cycle, and one even AFTER it has started just in case...! I thought I'd be more gutted but my reasonable head kicks in. I think after a year I'll start getting upset.
Anyway, much love ladies xxx

Hi Laura,
Where abouts in Sheffield are you from? I'm also from Sheffield, living in S8 :)

Did you know you ovulated this month then, do you chart or anything? Ive been having trouble pinpointing mine and with the lack of symptoms suggesting OV I assumed I havent been OV'ing just yet.Charting again this month.
My first cycle after having Implanon removed I took 3 Preg Tests, I had no idea when my next period would be due and every little stomach twing had me thinking ''I wonder if I'm pregnant''. All Neg of course.
Last cycle camea day earlier than i expected so i didnt use any tests. If I detect my OV this month I can guarantee I wont have the patience to wait until AF is late and will probably be testing around 9-10DPO.

I think I'll start getting upset about BFN's around the 6month point. Me and my hubby are both 26 and this is my 2nd time round, my hubby has no children though, were both healthy so hopefully we wont have a hard time getting pregnant. Mind you, I dont think you can get any medical assistance until after you've been trying for a year can you?

Much Love
Becky xxx

I don't plan on testing until after AF is late just because I know how easily I can get obsessive and want to try to take a relaxed approach, which is difficult I know :) it helps being able to chat on here rather than bore dh with my constant thoughts :)

sorry Becky I think I assumed you were trying for your first- no idea where I got that from! How old is your little one?

Oh and I'm from Perth, Australia. Enjoying a lovely warm Sunday today :)

I lived in S25 - It was in the middle of a Rotherham/Sheffield/Worksop triangle but my boyfriend lives in Crookes at the moment (soon to be moving to Swansea).

My sister met her hubby in Australia - they loved it and want to end up back there one day. It's sunny but freezing cold here this Sunday morning and I get to work for ten hours!

I have aches where my thigh meets my leg, and last month it was on my right side and this month it's on my left. My boobs are so sore and this morning my nipples have never been bigger. I'm putting it down to OV rather than a little bean forming... Who knows!

I won't test until AF is late again either, it's a horrible waiting game but I was far too stressed last month.

Big love ladies xxx

My friend told me to lie to the docs about how long we've been trying if after a few months nothing happens - but I figure they have records that my Implanon came out in Dec - possibly not though.

My friend told me to lie to the docs about how long we've been trying if after a few months nothing happens - but I figure they have records that my Implanon came out in Dec - possibly not though.

I think they will have that on record. I had mine removed in my local Family Planning Clinic and they had all my Doctors records. DAMN lol.

Hows everyone been anyway ?

Lots of Love
xxx

Hello!
It's a damn shame those doctors are good at keeping records!
I'm good thanks, how are YOU ladies doing? My grim mood seems to have elevated and I woke up naturally and happily at 5.45am. Am on day 21 and found out another friend is pregnant.....

But not to fear, I keep reminding myself that this is the age most women choose to get preggers, and our time will come!

I have been booking the next 6 months up as much as possible to give myself focus other than baby-making as I would be totally potty if not. That and I spent £80 yesterday on clothes, jewellery, and odds and sods... Shopping seems to help ease the brain ticking.

How is everyone?

Good morning girls :)
Laura I'm with you on the booking things in idea- I have a heap of fun things coming up incl birthday parties, engagrment parties, hens nights, weddings, weekends away, sport functions... All things to look forward to and stop me from obsessing! Also agree with you about the age thing- have recently found out that 4 of my friends have started trying just this month! Maybe it's a new year thing lol.

How open are you both with friends and family knowing your ttc? I have tried to keep it to myself ( and hubby of course) as I don't know how long it will take and don't really want the constant enquiry!

Also would love to know both your interests outside of baby making??

It probably is - a whole "lets have a baby in 2012" - and why not!

A few select friends know, simply because they're all pregnant and have always known I have wanted children... Plus now I am in a stable relationship it's kind of a given... My sister and her hubby know because again she's pregnant, and I think if I had to go through the whole thing without a chat about it I'd go mad! Other than that no one else really. No parents or other family, I think people would be shocked as my boyfriend lives over 200 miles away and we're not due to live together until March. We still see each other around once every 2 weeks, and it turned out the last time was just before and during my ovulation time (so right now there could be a bean...)

Who have you told? What was their reaction. Everyone I've told isn't amazed or shocked as they all have kids are are pregnant and their minds are on it as much as mine.

I apologise if I repeat myself - I forget what I've said where and to who!

Outside my life TTC I am a bit of a work-a-holic. I work for a small mental health charity and I basically co-manage the place. I manage the volunteers and the centre and the self help groups which is tough and sometimes so stressful but ultimately very rewarding. I have contemplated becoming a childminder but maybe after I have my own.I love my friends and family, and I love being out and about. When at home I love movies and reading and I'm becoming slightly addicted to knitting and crafts at the moment because it's winter here and pretty miserable.

What about you?

It's so nice to have people on here to be able to chat with!

Hello everyone,
I am 26 and the DH is 30 we decided to start trying 2months ago and AF reared her ugly head the first time. But i heard that is normal, we both want a baby of course but i think that i have the baby fever like crazy. I try to tell myself to relax and calm down but its hard. I am working and going to school to keep myself busy and trying to keep the stress down. I want to know how it is that everyone keeps their positivity i love it! Im also having a problem getting the DH to realize that i have tracked my cycle and when is a good time to DTD..:winkwink: but im hoping to have the conversation soon... Good luck to all of you.

Hi there we told his parents and our close friends. We haven't really told anyone else only because we don't want the pressure of the questions to start. I think that i wouldn't have told my close friends only because they have some questions and also want you to not talk about the baby situation....But i am super excited.. and cannot wait for the BFP...for both you and I!!!!

Hi JoJo - welcome!

How is everyone?

I just watched "the great sperm race"... You can watch it on 4OD - compelling viewing but makes me think that TTC is a LOT harder than I thought about! Makes me realise I've got to be in the frame of mind that it's gonna take a long time to catch on.

On day 23 of my cycle... tried on days 12-15... AF due in 5 days... For some reason I think nothing has happened this cycle. Last cycle was our first trying and every feeling and movement and pain and "difference" was noted by me and I drove myself potty convincing myself I was, then wasn't, then was, then wasn't.

Who knows!! It's a long wait ladies, even 2 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->