Buddy wanted please!

Implanon is bc - it's a small rod that is implanted close to the skin on the inside of your upper arm- and can stay there for 3 years. It was a great method for me, no AF dir the whole 3 years I was on it. APPARENTLY you return to normal straight away after removal, however that's clearly not the case for me and after reading some specific implant threads there are plenty of girls who are in the same boat as me. So it's just wait and see for me! I think I'll give it til end Feb and if AF hasn't shown up or a + OPK I will go to the dr and make sure there's nothing wrong.
Where in the world are you TranquilAngst?

My holiday was so lovely and relaxing thanks! Lots of reading, discovering new places, hanging out with my sister... Lovely!
I can;t wait til we're living together, I'm more than likely going to chart my AF and so on, but no regular testing until I'm late, and no OV testing (I say this now.)
I think we're going to just TTC when we want to (for me at least every other day) and then see if nature will take it's course...
Like I say I think this now but knowing me it'll all change soon!
I was on the Implanon for 5 and a half years in total and like Lee I had no AF and it really worked. My cycle appeared to be normal but this month who knows.

Yes TranquilAngst, tell us more about you!

Oh ok, I have heard of Implanon but didn't know what it was called. Sounds pretty amazing. I think I've heard that coming off of any bc can take a few months to get back to regular cycles so try not to worry too much. Laura, that's nice that you will be living together soon!

I'm in Chicago so don't want to hear about warm weather right now :) You two are in Australia and the UK? What else can I tell you....been married a few years but we've been together for many years before that. I haven't felt that strongly about getting pregnant but once we decided to start trying, all of a sudden I just feel really ready and am very excited. (I should say *we* b/c my husband is excited too, but I'm the impatient one).

We're huge nerds and not really into sports so probably the only people who didn't watch the superbowl tonight LOL

I'd be happy to hear your stories too and keep us all updated on what's going on! AF due for me later this week but hopefully will stay away.

Lovely ladies a very quick updat from me - FINALLY got a positive opk this evening so looks like I'm going to ovulate woohoo! So excited that something is finally happening! My dh thinks I'm a crazy person dancing around the house I'm so happy. I told him he'd better brace himself for some action lol

Hugs from me xxx

Hi Ladies,

Well I've been away for a little while, so how is everyone?
I was really disappointed last cycle with a BFN at the end of it, I had been so positive throughout as well.
I'm thankful for having quite short cycles though, I OV again this weekend fingers crossed so will have to get down to :sex: lol

Laura I've decided not to chart this cycle, it gets a bit obsessive lol. I will just use OPK's to confirm my ovulation since I have a pretty good idea of how things are working down there again now if you get what I mean. Being on Implanon after 6 years threw me out of whack.
Have you registered to Fertility Friend for charting? Its soo helpful.

Oooh Lily gratz on the positive OPK! Happy Baby Making!

Hi TranquilAugst! Welcome to the thread. Are you around 12DPO now? GOt my fingers crossed you get a sticky one this month. Keep us updated :)

Speak soon girls
xxx
:dust::dust::dust:
:dust::dust::dust:

Welcome back to the thread Becky! I hope this cycle is the one for you :)

Afm- dh & I decided it's probably best if he doesn't know when I'm fertile - he seemed a bit uncomfortable dtd last night knowing why, so the plan is for future cycles that I'll just jump him lol or just go on with our usual sex life and do it when we feel like it.

On another note my poor puppy looks like she may have snapped a ligament in her leg - currently she's just resting ( very difficult for a border collie) but if she's still not walking later this week it looks like we'llbe up for some very expensive surgery & time to rehab. So she will be our focus for the next little while. Probably a good thing then that I (think) I'm 1dpo, so can give her my full attention while waiting out the next two weeks.

Hugs,
Lx

Hi ladies, I've had too much time on my hands and set up a TTC journal - there's nothing there that I haven't already posted on this thread but figures it would be a nice record for me of this crazy journey. Feel free to take a look xxx

Hi Becky, thanks for welcoming me and nice to "meet" you.

LilyLee, hope your puppy will be alright! Good luck on the start of your 2ww. Totally understand about not telling dh what's going on...I was like that too but after a few months it became obvious and we both just laughed about it :) The journey's probably a good idea...it's amazing how I forget what I felt in previous cycles.

I'm about 12-13 dpo...hard to say because this was my first time using opk and the test line was *almost* as dark as the control for 2-3 days straight (my temps rise slowly after O so that's not a perfect estimate either). No real symptoms right now, so just waiting it out.

You ladies on this thread are good for me....some people report every little twinge they feel and track everything, so it's good to take it easy :)

Hi ladies how is everyone going?

TranquilAngst any news for us yet??? You must be overdue to AF if your timings are right?

What about you Becky? How are things?

Laura how many days now until you man moves up?

Afm, 6dpo today and just wishing the days to pass quicky! Have a busy week at work this week so that should help :) still not site if I will test early or wait for AF... I will try to be strong and wait but not sure how likely that is!!

Hugs,
Lee

Hi all!
It's so nice to hear what you've been up to...
Only 16 sleeps til the mister and I move in which means lots of packing! I'm a bit shitty atm as I'm due on Sunday, and PMT is playing hell with my emotions!
Hows the dog?
Anyone got a BFP??
L x

Welcome back Laura :) well I testes yesterday at 9dpo after I have been feeling really queasy and it was a BFP!!! I'm still in shock! Very cautious at the moment cos it's so early but hoping everything works out :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
It's so wonderful and I am so so happy for you!
Lots of love and hugs.... L xxxxxx

SO SO SO SO SO happy for you x

Thank Laura :) it's a crazy feeling and unfortunately the morning sickness has already hit! I'm going to hold off seeing the dr until next week after AF would be due, and we're not going to tell any family & friends until at least after that.
So exciting that you guys will be together soon, and just in time for your next fertile window yes?

I seriously am so happy for you, many of my friends experiencing morning sickness have had boys and have had amazing pregnancy's from week 12... I am so happy for you!
He's moving in around day 15 of my cycle, so not exact but we may have a few days clear. I think we're going to just enjoy living together and christening every room!
How are you managing not to yell it from the rooftops??! I'd be screaming it loud and proud!
Lots of love x

Believe me I would love to be shouting, but I'm so conscious that the biggest risk fir miscarriage is before the 4 week mark so I'm trying to hold off just a few more days til I see the doc (dh is still in disbelief and doesn't believe it's 'real' until a doctor confirms lol!) yesterday My hairdresser (who's also a long time friend) told me she was 5 weeks pregnant and it was so hard to not say anything especially sitting there feeling sooo sick!

I really hope next month is your month Laura, and even if not, it will be such an exciting and new time for you both regardless xxx

Ahhhhh!!!! I'm so happy to hear your great news LilyLee! Understand that you're being cautious but this is really great. Wish you all the best and keep us all updated!

Thanks TranquilAngst! How are you going?

Just letting you girls know I plan on hanging around this thread til you too get your bfps and then we can be bump buddies together!

Hi all,
So, with all this amazingly good news I thought I'd even it up with a moan and a groan...
I'm 2 days late now, which means very little other than I am feeling really low, very emotional and pretty shitty. And to make things even more emotional my sister asked me to go and see her 20 week scan with her.
I tried to avoid her calls and requests, wanting my very own aby to be my first ever scarn, but she asked and really wanted me there. SO this morning I sat in the room with her and her doting husband while they held hands and we saw their little joy move around all perfect and lovely in her tummy.
I am of course overjoyed at her news, and seeing my little nephew or niece wriggling about, seeing it's fingers, toes, heartbeat, spine and knowing everything is just as it should be for 20 weeks. And I was privilged to see it, she didn't invite anyone else as she wanted me there sharing her beautiful moment.
But...Owch.
I felt alone, and sad, and like it would never be my turn.
Ah well...
And usually in times of feeling down I have friends to turn to, but they are all pregnant! So telling them how I feel would totally undermine their special times.
Sad times... And of course I feel utterly selfish having these thoughts and pushing these tears out of my eyes and trying to get rid of that lump in my throat. And the fact that I know my periods have gone all stupid again so knowing my OV day will be harder for me... Making the whole process more difficult than it would have been. I seriously doubt I am pregnant as I have total PMT emotional issues right now.
I feel so lonely in this feeling, which is not nice.
Anyway, sorry to put a downer on it all... I am over-joyed for those with that amazing news, that ever so amazing BFP, and ever scan, movement, feeling, moment those who have been blessed feel.
Take care and much love all,

Hi all,
SO - when the BF was here we had sex on days 15 - 17 of my cycle - which since coming off the implanon was a solid 28 days long (only 2 cycles).
I am now 4 days late for AF... I've had PMT symptoms, but this cycle I didn't have any ovulation pains like I have had the previous 2 cycles...
Last night at work I was sick - granted someone had *ahem* clogged up the loos at work with a rather large deposit... But usually I have a strong tummy for those types of things...
So when I got in last night at around 10pm (3 days late) I took a test and it was negative... I was fully expecting my AF to arrive today and prove me to be a silly so-and-so - no joy!
Then today I have been a little sick in my mouth a few times (sorry for the graphic nature of this) and I thought I felt AF in my panties... So I go to the loo and it's a think white discharge...
So I go online and find this - https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080408061615AAsOeSV
And now I am totally clueless!!
I'll wait until I am a week late and test then IF I make it to a week without AF turning up...

So, if we're talking a 28 day cycle, people have that window of fertility from days 9 - 15 so we may have been so very lucky - but it's unlikely... But possible.

SO annoying... I'll keep you posted ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->