Buddy wanted please!

Welcome Jo Jo! Nice to meet you :) where are you at in your cycle?
5 days is not long to wait now Laura! I think af is due this weekend but wouldn't be surprised if not as my cycle could be out of whack after implant. I too don't have a whole lot of hope of a bfp this cycle- I'm not feeling any symptoms at all, and even my mega sore bbs after imp removal are now completely back to normal.
Laura your work sounds like hard work but very rewarding. I work in marketing for a big organization which can be a bit of a drain on the soul sometimes, but the work itself and my team is very dynamic so ultimately a good place to work. I spend most of my spare time training for triathlons and keeping generally fit ( as does dh) I also love music, theatre and movies & used to do alot of art myself which has fallen down the wayside a bit since I met dh who has really bought put the sporty spice in me :) we are also proud parents of an 8 mo border collie who is just beautiful :)

Jo Jo what do you do with yourself and where in the world are you?

The great sperm race was actually on tv a couple of weeks ago - definitely puts things into perspective! Dh watched to too and was good to manage his expectations, as I think he's always assumed we'd get pg the very first time we dtd without protection!

Hello0! I am in the fertile part i cant get teh exact days down i know i have three days till i ovulate.. and am so scared that if we dont try all the time it wont happen.I watched the great sperm race and OMG.. that was an eye opener thanks for the recomendation of it. !:thumbup:
I work retail and go to school full time i am in the US in New Mexico.. its nice and hot here..but so pretty.
I want to say thanks to all of you ladies for your great info and good vibes! :kiss:

And so it begins... I was walking to my car this morning and felt a "twinge" of pain in my lower tummy, last night I felt a little sick and usually at this point in my cycle I feel sluggish, but I'm actually bright as a button at the moment... Then come the thoughts... Could I be? We've got loads on at work at the moment and I'm super busy the next 4 nights, then then AF is due so fingers crossed I won't go crazy.

Triathlons!?! High fives to you guys for that! Living by the beach is nice because I tend to wander for a few hours, other than that and some yoga I'm exercise free - which is shocking to say I'm TTC.

I went to a friends house for dinner last night who is WTC and has loads of books and so on, she miscarried last year and so now decided to wait until she;s married in May to begin TTC again.

Sometimes it's so damn hard!

Love to YOU ladies... It is nice to get those good vibes from others

Oh dear I know what you mean! This morning I was ready for work with 10 mins to spare and I caved and tested! Of course it was a bfn which I was expecting, but I was home alone wondering what I could do in 10 mins and I couldn't stop myself! It was the only one I had in my house so im now competing to not buying any tests unless af is late and I have a real reason to think I'm pregnant!

In other news today I was just offered a promotion at work covering a girl goi g on mat leave of all things! I have accepted as it's a great opportunity and more pay, so at least if it does take a while to get preg I have that to concentrate on!

Laura did you learn anything new in your friends books worth sharing?

Agree so nice to have the positive vibes from across the globe xxx Lee

Hi Girls,
How is everyone? Nice to see some new people joining :)

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days, I started a new job Monday and I've been shattered every night.
Well I've not really shared much about myself since joining the thread so here is a bit about me.

I'm Becky I'm 26, my hubby is Lee also 26, we got :wedding: in October after 3 years together. We met at school, sounds awfully cheesy but he is also my best friend. I have a daughter who's 7 in March from a previous relationship.
I currently work as a customer service advisor for a social housing authority and Lee is currently in the RAF.
I'm really close to all my family and spend most of my time with either them or my close friends. I'm a bit of a home bird, I prefer staying in to going out :)

The is the 1st time we have been TTC. I wasn't planning on my first pregnancy and now I realise how lucky I was to fall pregnant, especially after watching the great sperm race that was on channel 4 the other week, I had no idea how difficult it is to get pregnant! Amazing!

Since coming off BC after our wedding I've had 3 cycles, currently in my 3rd. This is the first cycle that I have 'monitored'. I have been charting my temperature, checking my cervix (although I'm not 100% sure what i'm looking for lol) and used OPK's.

I got my 1st positive OPK yesterday yay, and I noticed ewcm on Sunday so we've been :sex: every night since then. :) Fingers crossed this is our month! Seems JoJo your also at the same point in your cycle as me :)

How is everyone getting on? Anyone else charting etc?

Congrats on the promotion Lily Lee, well done :)

Lots of Love and Luck to you all

xxx

:dust:

Hi all,
Apologies I've been quiet for a couple of days - work stress has been at an all time high!
The main thing I took from the books - and from The Great Sperm Race was how important it is to be in tip top health and to take vitamins. My friend is taking a pretty good multi-vitamin, as am I. Folic acid (of course) being very important.

I'm due my AF on Monday, I think she's on her way because I've been having headaches and weird vivid dreams - this however could also be due to stress. I'm seeing the boyfriend in a week so if the AF isn't here then I'll test with him... As i said it could be due to stress if she is late. I could also have a BFP. It would seem that work stress has helped me NOT think about TTC.

My friend found out she was having a girl - so excited... Can it be my turn next please!?

I'm "charting" as in writing a TTC journal and thats about it. No ovulation kits being used yet... No temp being checked.

How are you all? Any news?
CONGRATS on your promotion Lee! How exciting, and yes ironic that you're covering for maternity leave.

Wishing you good fertile sex and a bean sprouting!

Laura I'm dying to know, did AF show her ugly face or are you still in a chance fir that BFP??

Hey Becky, I'm not charting but curious to see yours if you want to share? If I don't get my BFP within a couple of months I'll prob start charting temps etc then xx

Right on clockwork the bitch turns up!
I am exactly a 28 day cycle...
We won't be able to TTC until March now... So I'm here for total moral support and love ladies!

Oh Laura sorry to hear she showed her ugly head xxx hope you are ok and that you enjoy your time with your boyfriend shortly and have plenty to keep your mind busy.

AFM, def a BFN and waiting for her to show any day. I had a blood test a few weeks ago and was called back for a Rubella booster so went to see the Dr this past weekend - she had to do a test to make sure I wasn't pg for the booster and was def neg. Feeling crampy now so af any day. Thurs will be 28 days since I got my implant out so hoping to go straight back to 28 day cycles too.

Our cycles almost match then Lee!

I have been trying to be positive about the AF... Next time we try we'll be living together and so can experience the whole thing together, moment by moment. I'll feel less alone and it'll be nice for him too. We've only done one test together and AF was around so we only did it for the sake of doing one together.

HATING the cramps... I took a hot water bottle to work with me today which was enjoyed by all - mocking was done!!!

We'll get there ladies...

Hey Becky, I'm not charting but curious to see yours if you want to share? If I don't get my BFP within a couple of months I'll prob start charting temps etc then xx

Of course here is the link to my Chart :) https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a5c39

Sorry about the :witch: Laura. Your right though next time you try you'll be going through it together, thats gotta help some :)

I'm now 5DPO, feeling rubbish, had AF like pains since OV and been feeling sicky today. No other signs yet though, going to not test before AF is really late showing as I dont wanna have any false :bf: or get a :bfp: just to suffer a chemical pregnancy.

Love and Luck
:dust:

Thanks Becky- I'm really fascinated by these charts :) I just don't think I'd remember to temp every morning :)

Laura I know this sounds cliched, but maybe it's just not meant to be until your man is living with you. It will be such an amazing journey to share together right from the start!

I had to laugh at your hot water bottle reference. If anyone did that here I'd think they were insane. I momentarily forgot you were in the northern hemisphere. This next weeks forecast is 40, 41, 39, 42, 40, 40, 40. Apparently it's going to be the hottest week in 47 years!

The more I think about going through the experience with him here, the better I feel... I want him here for the peeing on the stick, the possible pains, the fun... You're right, it's meant to happen when we're both together.

I miss heat! I miss sun! I am not a fan of rain and I live in the wettest city in the UK! I'm taking my sister on holiday in the Peak District next week, after a weekend of partying with friends I've not seen altogether in a few years so that should be lovely... And then when I get back only one month until SF (my nickname for the fella) moves down!!!

I can't get my head into charting and so on... Think I'll wait a year after TTC to do that one.

Big love ladies xxxxx

Loving the positive attitude :)
AF did not arrive yesterday as I was hoping, I'm really hoping any day now so I can at least start to keep track of my cycles! It's now 29 days since implant removal, I just hope I feel like she should be here any time, but could also be imagining the crampiness etc. Boo :(

How are you girls going?
Still no AF or BFP for me :(

Hello ladies! I hope you don't mind my jumping into this conversation -- it just seemed like I was in a similar boat to many of you so I thought I would join in.

Any news from anyone? It really is encouraging to talk about all of this and I hope for the best for all of you! Baby dust!

I am 29, been ttc for 6 months, and new to these forums. I am trying to remain a calm & rational person about all this but it is really hard.

Have been using BBT for a while but just started using the OPK strips this month. This was the right option for me because 1) I am a control freak, and 2) I am somewhat irregular.

Currently somewhere around 7 dpo and hoping...

Hey Tranquilangst... Nice of you to join us!
How is it after 6 months? I'm in month 3 and doing okay.
Come on then ladies - I've been on holiday and would like a catch up! How are you Lee? Any AF? BFP!!!???
Becky - hows your charting doing?
I'm on day 13 of my cycle which means I am ovulating - however the BF isn't around... He'll be here on days 16 - 19 so there's a TINY TINY chance but not a great one.
However, I have not had my regular (and by this I mean the last 2 cycles) sore boobs feeling. I felt a little ovulation pain but nothing compared to the last 2 months. Huh!
Not tested in a while but had a full 5 days of AF so not pregnant.
Big love - gimmie updates! Even though it's not been long I miss you ladies xxx

Welcome Tranquinangst!! I can definitely relate to the control freak side of things, which unfortunately can be a little frustrating when ttc and so many things are out of our control :) What kind of BC were you using before ttc??

How was your holiday Laura? I bet your looking forward to seeing the bf in a few days, even if there's little chance this time around. Will he have moved in time for the fertile part of your next cycle?

AFM, still no AF, no BFP and no ov... now 5.5 weeks since implanon removal and nothing at all! In a way I've relaxed a lot more in the last couple of weeks as I'm not no longer expecting anything on any particular day, so just getting on with life until something happens! Even tho I though'd I'd O'd about 4 weeks ago, I'm thinking I can't have now given no AF after that, so using OPKs in case it's still to come this cycle. I'm def not pregnant now, so will be happy to see either AF or a positive opk so I can at least know I'm functioning!!

Hopefully I'll have a some kind of update for you soon!!

Lee
x

Thank you, Laura and Lee, for welcoming me. To answer your questions, it's kind of a drag after 6 months, but I am trying not to think about that part and just focus on one thing at a time. I was on birth control for a few years, but I don't even count the first two months that I was off of it as ttc (we weren't actively trying then anyway).

Lee, What is implanon? that must be so frustrating not to even know what is going on with your cycle, but I think that happens to many of us from time to time. Hang in there...

Laura, sorry the timing didn't work out so well this cycle, but you never know, esp if you aren't having your usual ovulation symptoms (I realize now that my predictions of when I was actually ovulating were slightly off).

I don't know if you all have this too but I feel like I have fairly strong progesterone symptoms after O....sore breasts, fatigue, bloating. Like whoa. So personally I have learned not to read other people's 3-10 dpo symptoms because I always have basically all of them anyway! You can really psych yourself out by reading all that.

I've been pretty successful at distracting myself in the last few days so as you said Lee, just getting on with life feels pretty good sometimes too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->