buddy wanted - ttc after ectopic surgery to remove a tube or more

hilslo

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hello - I just wondered if anybody is now ttc who has had an ectopic pregnancy and had a tube (or more) removed as a result?

I am already a member of a couple of threads with some really fantastic ladies who have helped massively over my first few weeks and I look forward to continuing my journey with them. I also know there is an older thread for ttc after ectopic and I have had a little venture into there but most of those ladies are now pregnant (which gives me hope!) so I would like to start a new thread for anyone that is starting/continuing with their efforts.

I feel that with an ectopic there are quite a few different things to think/ worry about (some less, some more!) compared to a m/c and wondered if there is anyone out there that would like to join me in my quest to get pregnant again asap!

It's been nearly a month now since my laparotomy which removed my left tube and physically I'm getting there. I still have a HUGE swollen belly though which feels like my body is playing a cruel trick on me considereing there's no longer a baby growing in there! :growlmad: and I'm still a little sore by the end of the day. :nope:

I had about 10 days of light spotting following the surgery but am now waiting to shed the lining that was built up and praying that my body remembers how to ovulate so I can get going again!

I'd love to have some ectopic buddies to go through ttc with so who's with me? :flower:

Hello - I just wondered if anybody is now ttc who has had an ectopic pregnancy and had a tube (or more) removed as a result?

I am already a member of a couple of threads with some really fantastic ladies who have helped massively over my first few weeks and I look forward to continuing my journey with them. I also know there is an older thread for ttc after ectopic and I have had a little venture into there but most of those ladies are now pregnant (which gives me hope!) so I would like to start a new thread for anyone that is starting/continuing with their efforts.

I feel that with an ectopic there are quite a few different things to think/ worry about (some less, some more!) compared to a m/c and wondered if there is anyone out there that would like to join me in my quest to get pregnant again asap!

It's been nearly a month now since my laparotomy which removed my left tube and physically I'm getting there. I still have a HUGE swollen belly though which feels like my body is playing a cruel trick on me considereing there's no longer a baby growing in there! :growlmad: and I'm still a little sore by the end of the day. :nope:

I had about 10 days of light spotting following the surgery but am now waiting to shed the lining that was built up and praying that my body remembers how to ovulate so I can get going again!

I'd love to have some ectopic buddies to go through ttc with so who's with me? :flower:

Hi Hilslo, I know we've 'met' on some other threads, but I'm right there with you.

Also - I was totally bloated for ages after surgery and it took quite awhile before I was totally discomfort-free. I wouldn't say pain but it was uncomfortable for a long time - especially trying to sleep on my side.

It's been almost three months since my surgery and I guess we're TTC even though I'm not temping or anything. I now get ovulation pain with a tiny bit of spotting the day before (and have been taking an OPK that one day and getting a positive) so that makes it pretty easy to figure out when to :sex: I guess I've been just trying to figure out if this is my new normal or not.

Thanks for starting this thread and good luck to us!

Wooo! Hello again! I'm so excited to have someone to join me on this thread!

I love the fact your body is now giving you a clear signal to get some :sex: in!! I hope mine does the same when it comes back!

I know it wasn't just overnight but can you remember when the bloating starts to go down? I'm getting very sick of wearing the 3 sets of clothes I can fit into lol!

Let's hope we can get our BFPs together soon! :D

Wooo! Hello again! I'm so excited to have someone to join me on this thread!

I love the fact your body is now giving you a clear signal to get some :sex: in!! I hope mine does the same when it comes back!

I know it wasn't just overnight but can you remember when the bloating starts to go down? I'm getting very sick of wearing the 3 sets of clothes I can fit into lol!

Let's hope we can get our BFPs together soon! :D

I thought I responded to this last night but apparently my ipad wasn't agreeing. But yes, I hope we get our BFPs and soon.

It probably took 1.5 - 2 months after surgery until I wasn't bloated and was back to as normal as it gets for me! It took waaaay longer than I expected. My doc didn't really give me any instructions on what to expect either so I don't know if that's normal or not.

It is nice to get the ovulation warning, but it also is sort of a mood killer. I'm like popping drugs, hunched over cramping and trying to drag the poor hubby to bed. I'm sure I look like a total sex goddess. :winkwink:

Hi ive had two ectopics and lost my right tube also just lost my daughter at 20 weeks five weeks ago. Was ovulating two weeks ago but was on right side. Absolutely broke my heart. My period is here now so praying to ovulate on left this month xx

Hi ive had two ectopics and lost my right tube also just lost my daughter at 20 weeks five weeks ago. Was ovulating two weeks ago but was on right side. Absolutely broke my heart. My period is here now so praying to ovulate on left this month xx

I'm so sorry for your losses Sara. :hugs:

Sara - I'm so sorry. It sounds like you've really been through the mill. I lost mine 5 weeks again too. It must be even more devastating to lose your baby half way through. If you don't mind me asking -did you find out at your scan? I hope you are okay and healing as much as can be expected. It's lovely to have you here, even if it is horrible that any of us have to be here. :hugs::hugs:

You might already know this having had two ectopics before but don't rule yourself out just because you're ovulating from the right. As strange and unbelievable as it sounds, the left tube can pick up and egg from a right ovary (and vice versa). You never learn it in biology class but the tube and ovaries aren't actually attached and the nearest tube normally sucks the egg into it but if hte tube is not there, the other tube can sometimes pick it up. I'm not quite sure of the likelihood but I think it's around 15%-20% of the time. My consultant told me after my surgery but I wasn't sure if he was just saying it to make me feel better so i looked it up and it's true.

Peacenik - thanks for the info. I'm five weeks in now so if I follow the same schedule as you it should start to go down in the next week. I can't wait. I really hadn't expected this part so good to know that it's nothing strange. I'm getting very sick of my 3 outfits that still fit. If I had any maternity clothes I'd be wearing them right now! :shrug:

I've now got the image of the hunchback of Notre Dame dragging your DH to bed in my head. Lol!

Sara - I'm so sorry. It sounds like you've really been through the mill. I lost mine 5 weeks again too. It must be even more devastating to lose your baby half way through. If you don't mind me asking -did you find out at your scan? I hope you are okay and healing as much as can be expected. It's lovely to have you here, even if it is horrible that any of us have to be here. :hugs::hugs:

You might already know this having had two ectopics before but don't rule yourself out just because you're ovulating from the right. As strange and unbelievable as it sounds, the left tube can pick up and egg from a right ovary (and vice versa). You never learn it in biology class but the tube and ovaries aren't actually attached and the nearest tube normally sucks the egg into it but if hte tube is not there, the other tube can sometimes pick it up. I'm not quite sure of the likelihood but I think it's around 15%-20% of the time. My consultant told me after my surgery but I wasn't sure if he was just saying it to make me feel better so i looked it up and it's true.

Peacenik - thanks for the info. I'm five weeks in now so if I follow the same schedule as you it should start to go down in the next week. I can't wait. I really hadn't expected this part so good to know that it's nothing strange. I'm getting very sick of my 3 outfits that still fit. If I had any maternity clothes I'd be wearing them right now! :shrug:

I've now got the image of the hunchback of Notre Dame dragging your DH to bed in my head. Lol!

I'm still totally shocked at how little info I was given by the doc/hospital. I had to google when I could take a shower - they gave me a miscarriage folder so there was nothing about surgery in it. Good luck with the bloating going down soon - I remember it being super annoying!

I probably DO look like the hunchback when I'm cramping - I feel like it anyway!

Also, my doc said the same thing about the tube. That's fascinating. My best friends sister had an ectopic and lost a tube - she got pregnant with twins a few months later and the doc was pretty sure that's what happened.

hello ladies im new here. I had eptopic in January and had my right tube removed. Havent been able to fall since. this is my second loss I had a mc in nov2011, im also looking for people in similar situations to talk to as im feeling abit lost at the moment.

Welcome Georgia. Glad you've found us (though hate it that any of us are here). Are you temping or using opks or taking a more chilled out approach?

I'm currently waiting for my first post op AF (currently 42 days and counting :-( ) before using everything I can get my hands on to help speed up a bfp! I am already temping just to get an idea of what is going on in there but have got my opks ready (and I've bought some pre-seed which I've not tried before but thought why not!)

I had long irregular cycles beforehand and not much ewcm so I need a little help! I also had short luteal phase which b vitamins helped so I'm going to start taking them again as soon as AF finally arrives.

Are you ladies doing anything extra to help get your bfps?

hello there, had my ectopic back in November last year, I had my left tube removed as it was filled with twins :(

now is june and I hav been ttc since. only really been trying hard this cycle as the others were just a relaxed trying.
im due on af today and have had 4 evap lines on my preg tests so im hoping his month is the month.
iv purchased sum ovulation sticks off ebay fro 3.80 they came with 5 preg tests as well! so im goingto start checking exactly whe im ovulating from now on.
im finding t very hard as my partners 2 sisters have both just announced they are pregnant at the same time which makes it a lot harder to deal with! im here with u guys!!

Welcome Firstbaby - ooh - exciting - how far apart have you taken the tests? Once a day for 4 days or testing 4 days in one day like a woman trying to get pregnant :winkwink: I really hope they start to get darker and that this is it for you!!!!:flower:

Finding out oher close firends/ family are pregnant is really tough. It feels like all the pregnant women are ganging up to torment me sometimes. They're obviously not (at least I hope not!) but it's hard when all you can think about is where you would have been. If you don't mind me asking, when was your due date? I hope you gt you bfp soon hon. xx

AFM - my big swelly belly has finally started to subside :happydance: and I can fit into my old clothes again! Woo hoo! Need to get to the gym now to work on the bit that wasn't just swelling! I think I'll go this weekend - the first time in months...it's going to hurt!!

I also got a positive opk today. Trying to work out whether to try or not. I have not yet had my first AF after my op yet (it will be 7 weeks tomorrow) so I know I should probably wait as I think the old lining must still be in there but I can't help but think what if this is my chance. The old chestnut that you're more fertile after a loss is seriously tempting me but I'm scared that if (and it's a very big if I know!) I do catch the egg then it will impant in old lining and I'm miscarry. Did you ladies wait before trying again?

ahh hun I tel you what if it was me I would so try again! but just tell yourself that it is most likely going to be a miscarriage and see what happens coz then u will be prepared for the worst! and hopefully get a nice surprise!

try not to overdo it at the gym though your body will still be sensitive... just a gental walk etc!

I tested over 2 days, that was Monday and Tuesday, was due on yesterday but no sign of af yet so just went n got a pink dye test which im just waiting till I need a wee to do..
im expecting a negative tbh but I thought id try a pink dye coz of the evaps!

Firstbaby - have you tested again??? Dying to hear any news!! I have a good feeling for you!!

I did go for it in the end so now waiting for af / bfp! We dtd in thlate evening got o pains in my tubeless side whilst we were busy!) and my temp rose in the morning (6.30am) so I think we were probably too late to catch it but you never know!!

It would be amazing if i caught it but realistically i haven't. I'm just thrilled that my body is finally doing something! I had quite a short luteal phase prior to my pregnancy (it crept up fom 8 days to 11 days over the 5 months we were trying). I'm really worried it might be back down to 8 days so I'm hoping af stays away for two reasons!

ahh tbh people keep talking about lateral phases( or however you spell it) and I have no idea what they are on about! lol I don't temp check or anything , I just been going by a rough estimate so far but have brought some ovulation sticks for the next month.

have been testing every day and nothing yet.. but I am also 4 days late for af so I have no idea whats going on. my cervix has been high soft and closed for just under a week... today its pretty much vanished up inside and feels harder... but its also clamped tightly shit I can hardly find the opening lol! sorry for tmi!

im so confused! absolutely no sign of af and my boobs r killing me so much n getting veinier and more painful by the day!

im ment to go to the gym in the morning but I dont really feel like it, have put it off for 2 weeks tho :(

Hilslo what a fab thread, I just found it..... I too felt that the older thread was well established with lots of fantastic rainbows here already...maybe we could all get 2014 rainbows..

Hi everyone .....

Hilslo we just went for it too..... I think I might approach O this week so we are DTD....sort of NTNP....

Might get temps started to tomorrow but I don't have a clue when dips and highs should be

im also looking for people in similar situations to talk to as im feeling abit lost at the moment.

Rebec67ca.... Hi....when did you have your ectopic?

Hope to get to know you more on here.... I had my MC on 14th may then emergency surgery 20th may when they discovered the ectopic twin. Have been very sore and just hate that life is on hold. Can't wait to properly TTC

it iwill get better and you will feel completely back to normal soon! after my surgery I was in s much pain with my back I couldn't sleep or move or anything, mine was a double wammy coz a week after my surgery I had to get in the car and drive 2 hours (feeling like poo) coz imy dad was in hospital and had only been given a few hours left to live so I had to rush back and only just made it in time to say bye :(

you will both be feeling fresh and fine and ready to dtd again v soon I promise!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->