bugaboo cameleon?

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hi girls, any of you used a bugaboo cameleon? I was looking for one as our choice of travel system, and reviews seem quite good. I know its expensive, but i found a site that does packages including maxicosi carseat etc.. we're really after a travel system that has an isofix carseat as my new car is isofix compatiible. Any opinions would be great xxx
edit-here is a link
https://www.peppermint.co.uk/bugabo...briofix-adapters-easybase-pack-2-13442-0.html

i love that you can choose the colour combo you want!

Id love one if it wasnt for the price. Rob hates them though :lol:

Yeh i like them just so expensive! My friend had one though and she didnt like hers bought the bee instead which she loves

My in laws have offered to buy our pram and have been for a look around and got shown the chameleon, would never have asked for it but since they are kinda offering...lol! Only thing is I read some recent reviews complaining of a problem with the handle, like the screw that stops it extending is crap on the 2008 model and makes it a bit dodge going up & down stairs & kerbs. Now am confused!!!
Also have the problem of having to fit whatever we get into my ford ka-haven't been to try any in the boot yet but from what I've read the chameleon might just squeeze in.
Would be good to hear from anyone on either of those counts... x

hi all, we have the bugaboo cameeleon and i can't praise it highly enough, the carry cot is superb, especially as maddi is still enjoying laying flat and our maxi cosi car seat attaches with the separate adaptors. i couldn't believe how small it fold either, i have a new VW beetle it all goes in my car no problems. as for choosing the gorgeous colours, well originally brought the limited addition demin which is a tailored fabric great for rain etc and when we found out we were having a girl we added the pink fleece fabric, which is just so cosy for her. i do agree it does get a tad expensive with accessories - parasol, change bag, footmuff etc but i suppose you just buy what suits you. i really cant fault it since using it :)

My in laws have offered to buy our pram and have been for a look around and got shown the chameleon, would never have asked for it but since they are kinda offering...lol! Only thing is I read some recent reviews complaining of a problem with the handle, like the screw that stops it extending is crap on the 2008 model and makes it a bit dodge going up & down stairs & kerbs. Now am confused!!!
Also have the problem of having to fit whatever we get into my ford ka-haven't been to try any in the boot yet but from what I've read the chameleon might just squeeze in.
Would be good to hear from anyone on either of those counts... x

hi there, i've never had any problems on these counts, i have always found it too be well made and too a high standard as you would expect.
not sure about the ka, my best friend has one and i would be surprised if it did but i no the bee would fit, take your car along to some where like mothercare and they will check for you, no pressure to buy :) hope this helps :)
:hug:

We've got one to use for when Izzy's born and a maxi cosi car seat and adapters and 3 sets of covers... can't give an opinion yet on how we find it but looking forward to trying it out! x x

Have you looked at the Concord Neo? Click on this link

www.boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?id=734

For us it was between the bugaboo and the concord. The concord won hands down due to all the little extras also what really swung it for us is that the carry cot can actually go in your car unlike the bugaboo. This really appeals to us as the wee one shouldn't be in the car seat for more than 2hrs. Also there are no adaptors needed for your car seat and its just one button to remove either the carry cot or car seat from the frame. The new colours come out next month which I am excited about.

Have fun searching! xx

we're getting the bugaboo chameleon too :baby:

Funnily enough, we went to a shop called Peppermint in Kingston to try them out-the staff were lovely even let OH push it up and down the street!!

Iv got a KA and it just fits inif I take the parcel shelf out and manoevre it a bit :happydance: We love the blue fleecey fabric even though we're on team yellow-all very exciting! Do you know what colour fabric you're having?

x x

Im def getting this one. I like the fact that it has a pushchair that can face both ways. Cant leave the house without seeing about 100 of them so must be good they are every where!

thanks all for input, it seems very positive all around! The only downside is the price, and im yet to convince hubby :) so gonna keep looking for now. But i definately love it, the colour change options are fab!!! :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

btw the concord neo is gorgeous! the vibrant blue colour is so cute! and very similar looking to the chameleon and quinny buzz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanx for the advice too, glad it seems to fit in the ka! I knew the parcel shelf would have to come out tho, I had also read that the new denim fabric isn't water tight or runs or something but I take it that's a load of rubbish.

It could be true about the demin fabric running. Someone said it did on here.

I've not had this pram at all, but I was in H&M and there were two mums with the bugaboo and they both said it was a bugger - boo. As in they didn't like it. BUT I don't know why? seems you either love it or hate it lol the marmite of prams! haha!

I have just been given a bugaboo with a red base and really wanted one with a sand or grey base.

Does anybody know how I can purchase a new base colour?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have been pram searching since i got my bfp lol and know just about everything about every buggy hahaha I think the bugaboo is just ridiculously overpriced, ive heard nothing but good things but theres buggys that are just as good and a fraction of the price! Id rather get one of the cheaper ones and buy loads and loads of clothes :blush: This is the buggy im going to be getting if im having a girl :happydance: Its had the best reviews of all the buggys ive seen and its sooooo cute!
https://www.panachekids.co.uk/Juicy...y-Couture-Buggy-with-Footmuff/p-136-616-4689/

I have been pram searching since i got my bfp lol and know just about everything about every buggy hahaha I think the bugaboo is just ridiculously overpriced, ive heard nothing but good things but theres buggys that are just as good and a fraction of the price! Id rather get one of the cheaper ones and buy loads and loads of clothes :blush: This is the buggy im going to be getting if im having a girl :happydance: Its had the best reviews of all the buggys ive seen and its sooooo cute!
https://www.panachekids.co.uk/Juicy...y-Couture-Buggy-with-Footmuff/p-136-616-4689/

The cameleon is just that, a cameleon! I have one, it's my 44th pram and definately the best....I've used it with carrycot, car seat...as a moses basket when on a weekend away...I have the seat for when Marlow is older....it's lightweight but takes heavyduty usage, looks amazing, easy to push, folds small and ticks all the boxes for me....it faces inwards and outwards in all functions....well worth the money imo!

The maclaren is lovely but I prefer a baby facing parent option and that is expensive for what it is...I've had maclarens before and they are good, but £380....no way!

I liked it when I played with it in the store, but when I researched it online I found the reviews to be mediocre, like 2.5 or maybe 3 out of 5. For that kind of cash, I was put off by the lukewarm reviews.

We have a bee and a cameleon. Can't rate them highly enough, and when you get bored you can change the covers, or have custom made ones! Fantastic for newborns, as they can lie flat etc. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->