Buggies/Strollers

Nikkinoonoo

Mummy to a gorgeous girl
Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting a lightweight stroller for Jessie now as the pushchair part of my travel system is rather bulky and heavy. I love the fact my travel system one is sturdy and looks all snuggly but when I went shopping with my friend the other day it was rather awkward to get up the stairs to her flat and to lift in the back of the taxi home.
I want to get one too for my upcoming holiday in two weeks as the boot will need room for the cases as well as the buggy.
I need to take a few things into account:

* She's only just coming up to 3 months old

* Winter is coming so need a snuggly one not a summery one

* We don't have lots of cash for it really so the cheaper the better

* I'm 6ft 1ins so need high handles

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

xXx

What pram do you have at the moment and is it high enough for you , i'm looking for a new pram myself, the silvercross one's are quite tall, bear with me i'l get back to you x

P.S yes i am a sad act nothing better then pram shopping (even if its for someone else)x

Lol thanks for replying. I have a graco one atm, I tried a couple today which were a nice height in mothercare...

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44333031&mcb=core
that one with a funky seat but its from 6 months plus and...
https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44333031&mcb=core
that one in pink an brown but its £185!!

I did see a nice one on the toyrus site but I'm still sniffing about :)

xXx

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.a...ushchairs/brutravelpushchairsstrollers/708798

i have that one and i love it. Suitable from birth, tall (im 5ft 9) and comfy.

It's not the cheapest but it does the job well.

Plus it has a 2 year guarantee

xx

Thanks Amy will have to get to Toysrus n have a look and a push! Have you started using it yet? How is Caitlyn in it? xXx

Yep thats the one i was looking at my friend had it and i've pushed it no probs, i'm 5ft 10, i think the problem is that there aren't many 'tall' strollers!! Other cheap good prams are the obaby range, they include raincover but not footmuff but you could pick one up quite cheaply, but the height on them is only 104cm whereas the silvercross is 109cm but that is the height advitised an babies r us, if you compare both on mothercare they are 104cm and 106cm for silvercross, so only 2cm different and surely i must be the same pram, have you tried ebay if you like silvercross but too expensive?? x

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-2008-OBA...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I have this - lies back pretty good has a raincover and you can buy toe snuggles like any other pram :D

Yeah I'll have to have a scout round and go and have a little push in the shop if possible just to be sure :D Thanks girls xXx

I love my quinny Zapp, but its from 6 months.

Thanks Amy will have to get to Toysrus n have a look and a push! Have you started using it yet? How is Caitlyn in it? xXx

yeah been using it for a few weeks and she seems to love it, she can see the world in it. :rofl:

if cost is an issue, find one you like then look on kiddiecare.com. They are cheaper on there than any other shop and no postage :)

Hi there

I've been looking at phil&teds! they look cool but I also noticed they had the adjustable hight handle bar?
They also have a little umbrella stroller coming out soon which looks really light?

:)

Hi there

I've been looking at phil&teds! they look cool but I also noticed they had the adjustable hight handle bar?
They also have a little umbrella stroller coming out soon which looks really light?

:)

Thanks Tabz, I got a Maclaren XLR in the end and I'm so pleased I did, I love it :) Thanks for the heads up on the Phil and Teds tho xXx

How is your XLR Nikki?? Think we are getting one when it starts warming up a bit xx

I'm happy with mine :) The only 'problem' I've had with mine is the basket is a little unaccessable, especially if she's laid back. The handle height is great for me and it's lovely to push. Jess seems to like it too :) They are bloody dear tho, for a buggy! My last buggy was £60 and these XLR retail for nearly £250!!

You wont be disappointed with the Maclaren XLR. I have got the Techno XT (very similar to the XLR) & its been absolutely fantastic, you cant fault Maclarens at all. I know they are costly but worth every penny.

I've had my XT for 2 years & its still in excellent condition, hardly any wear and tear, despite it being used nearly every day. My son is 2.5 years old & weighs 2.5 stone & its so sturdy to push. I will certainly be getting my money's worth out of it as my baby daughter will be using it well into her toddler years too.

Maclarens now come with a lifetime guarantee so goes to show that they have alot of confidence in the quality of their buggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->