Bumbo Seats - Whats the big deal??

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what the big deal with these Bumbo seats is??

I'm thinking of getting one for Maya but want to know what's so fab about them lol!! Also at what age can Maya start using it??

she can start using it when her upper body is sturdy, and she can support her own head. i think that the purpose is so you can sit them in a seat that they cant get out of. if not im not so sure! alexa has one but where she is so big, her legs are getting too chubby to fit, so i cant say i am too big a fan of the bumbo!

Colton really never got to use his because he is too big to fit in it now, and would just topple over before. Thats okay though, because although I never sat him in it; he has learned to sit unsupported already. So usually I just throw a few pillows around him (bigger pillows when he sat supported) for accidental fall overs (usually reaching for toys) and let him play.

I never would have bought one, my aunt gave us the one Colton had. Although some people really like them, so I guess it just depends.

I bought mine on Craigslist for less than half the price, and I really like it. We started using it when DD was about 14 weeks old, and she likes it too. She thinks it's neat that she can sit up all by herself, and she squeals with excitement. We are going to use it when starting her on cereal as well, because she's too little for a highchair. The purpose is to strengthen thier back and neck muscles to learn to sit up by themselves.

They aren't necessary, but I like ours. HTH

i agree it is a lot of money for a seat. here in canada, it costs 65 dollars and then an extra 15 dollars for the tray! its crazy! alexa would not have one, but oh mother got it for her. i suppose some people like it if their baby is not on the bigger side. alexa is now twenty pounds and just getting too big for it.

i got one today! Eventhough Teddy cant fully hold his head (he can if he's leant slightly forward ut the seating posiiton is slightly backwards) its great. He can sit up like a big boy. I guess it'll be good excercise for his neck (I always hold my hand to the back of his head) and though he's only been in it once so far he looked very happy in it (And Ted is a baby who wouldnt hesitate to scream if he was uncomfy!!!)

I love it.

ffion loves her bumbo and for me its like a second pair of hands, she doesnt like her bouncer because she cant sit upright but in her bumbo she can sit up and play with her toys

https://a911.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/l_424ae2b8e5ac65060d85eb9075bfc516.jpg

she looovees the Bumbo! Get one.. they are great, my LO loves to be nosey and this seat helps her sit up and look around!

I bought one 3 weeks ago as charlie is getting bored of his bouncer he likes his seat cos he can sit right up and look around allthough he wont stay in it any longer than about 15 mins as he starts wanting to get out after that, there good for feeding them too when there a bit older i know you can use them from 3-12 months xxx

Attachments

• 19 weeks .,.,.jpg
    19 weeks .,.,.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 26
I bought one 3 weeks ago as charlie is getting bored of his bouncer he likes his seat cos he can sit right up and look around allthough he wont stay in it any longer than about 15 mins as he starts wanting to get out after that, there good for feeding them too when there a bit older i know you can use them from 3-12 months xxx

Oh my he's gorgeous!!

His little face!!!

Hannah has been using her Bumbo seat since she was 9 weeks old. I now use it to feed her until I get a high chair and I can also get on with the dishes etc whilst she sits on the counter and watches. She is always happy to sit in it with a few of her toys

Bella LOVES her Bumbo! Like Terrie said, it's an extra pair of hands. Bella loves it because she can sit up straight.

bumbos are great! tom has been in his since he was two months. i love that i can put him on the table next to me whilst i eat ot wash up!

Caitlyn can almost sit up on her own now but before that she needed the bumbo! It's amazing. You can use it for so much. I pop her in there when I'm doing the washing up or whatever and she just looks around or watches me. I've fed her in there a couple of times too (lazy mummy!)

I've got one but not sure when to start using it- Chloe is so nosey!

...and they're great for taking photos :D

We were given one second hand and I bought another one on ebay and both have been used lots - used to keep one in my car to use if we were going anywhere. Sam loved being able to see what was going on around him! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->