Bumbo Seats - Whats the big deal??

The big deal is that they're just so darn cute! :rofl:

No, I think it helps them develop good posture to tell you the truth. You don't have to stop using them either when they get able to sit up on their own - they're good until they can get out of them by themselves. My friends little boy is 9 months and hes still in his on a regular basis. She puts him on it when she's cooking supper/laundry and puts the tray on and gives him toys. He's happy as anything.

You might want to check e-bay. I bought one that looks like it was never used for 16 bucks.

I take the Bumbo to restraunts - he cant sit up in a highchair yet, and he HATES being in his carseat, so it's either Mommy holds him the whole meal and doesnt eat herself (great for the waistline, but terrible for the mood) or we put the Bumbo on the table and let him look around/play while we eat. Same thing at dinner time and when Im preparing food.

I love the thing.

Star

I'm not sure whether to get one for Ally or not. He is 24 inches long and weighs 14lbs 10oz...I'm just not sure he'd get enough use out of it...? Sitting upright is his favourite thing though.

I'm not sure whether to get one for Ally or not. He is 24 inches long and weighs 14lbs 10oz...I'm just not sure he'd get enough use out of it...? Sitting upright is his favourite thing though.

Sam was over 17lb last time he was weighed (a month ago) and still fits in it easily now - think he must be close to 18lb or more now as he's got even more greedy since he started solids :rofl:

If you can get a cheap second hand one on ebay or something you can always sell it again if he doesn't like it x

thank you! I've just been looking at them online....I really want a lime one and can't find any but I think i've seen them in mothercare...the colour of things is stupidly important to me :lol:. My SIL said my neice was in hers til 9 months and really she only left it then because she was always on the move!

they are a great substitute for a high chair when you have the tray but tbh callum really didnt get much use out of his. started climbing out of it. Just glad i got mine given.

I'm tempted to get mine from boots because I'm obsessed with getting points...but they only do pink, blue and aqua.

Glad you've ordered one for Maya!

You could've got one from boots then, silly! They have an offer on at the moment where you buy pampers nappies (a big £16 box) and some oil of olay something or other and you get 500 (i think?!) points!!!

I was going to go Boots for it but had a gift card for Mothercare :)

Ive got a voucher that gives me 500 points if I spend £10 on baby stuff :)

The parenting club is ace :)

where is my voucher that lets me get that?! I am so greedy for points!

and I should've realised about the voucher. :dohh:

oh crap! I don't know where it all is! I am going to go searching!
must get points...

I started using mine when max was about 2 months and he loves it now ..sits on the couch and watches tv with us :)

Attachments

• Picture 115.jpg
    Picture 115.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11
I just won one on ebay! And it's green! huzzah.

Chloe went in hers for the first time yesterday. Sh elooked a bit bewildered at first but seemed to love it. We got gven one when she was born, its blue!!

I was determined to have lime green! Glad she seemed to enjoy it after a bit!

Max looks so cute in his, 1st_baby - I think Ally is gonna use his to watch TV mainly lol.

some of your babies are roughly the same as mine - mine is not sotting up yet?!

do you wait until they can sit up?? no...cos it's supposed to help them to be able to sit up? i don't get it...?:cry:

(i didn't use to be this thick i'm sure...!~)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->