Bump Buddies, Anyone else due around 1st october 2011???

Hi everyone,

Congrats to all! So excited to meet others due around the same time.

Don't know how all you 3rd and 4th time mums do it! This is my 1st time and being pregnant alone is so exhausting- not sure how you ladies manage with other young children running around! Superwoman!

Jen, hope you have a great time in Scarb and have lots of r&r. Me and hubby have just been back from holiday but I spent most of the time sleeping and resting...oops...still, nice to get away from it all once in a while.

We've started buying for bump already. Don't want to jinx things but we figured if the worst happened, we would continue to try so eventually, further down the line, we would end up using our purchases.

I'm not feeling too bad today as LO only woke up once last night, usually it's 2/3 times. But tonight doesn't bode well, he's already woken up 3 times, he's teething poor wee man. Yesterday I had a killer headache which I get from time to time. I don't feel as queasy or just as tired as I had been feeling up until last week but could just be a temporary lull! Can't wait until my first scan on Monday but will be anxious to see if all is well.
I have actually bought a few pairs of maternity jeans as they were on sale and a few tops from eBay, we just put my maternity clothes in the attic a few weeks before I got my BFP thinking I wouldn't need them again for a while! Don't really need to buy any baby stuff but starting to look at prams, as LO will only be 14 months when this baby is born! We're thinking of a Phil and Ted's.
Have a lovely relaxing time in Scarborough!

I haven't actually looked at the scales...I'm afraid to. Still have probably a stone left over from DS, who was born Oct 2nd last year. I have also been sick with a cold for the last month, which I'm just getting over, so haven't been as active as I would like. But got out today for a nice walk (thanks to the great weather) and hope to keep that up and keep the weight off.

jennies_bump - read that about the cheesecake and YUM!! sounds lovely...

hello I'm from Ireland, its nice to see someone else on here that will have similar scan dates to me. everyone else gets scans earlier but in ireland the normal for scan is around 20 weeks:growlmad:

Hey there littlebabyno4, so rare to see other people from Ireland on here. I've actually already had a scan due to spotting. Was quite relieved to see the heartbeat. Its unreal the differences between hospitals. I will be going to Portlaoise hospital and I rang to see when my first ante-natal appointment would be and was told 12-13 weeks. Something I actually like about that hospital is that they scan you at every visit. I've heard that Mullingar only give one scan at 20 weeks. If that were the case for me last time, I would have been in big trouble as I lost my waters and never went into labour. As I didn't leak between going to the bathroom, I didn't realise I was loosing it. Will you get more than one scan?

jennies_bump1 - I bought an angelcare sensor pad today. It was half price in argos, so figured may as well get it at a good price. Other than that, haven't bought anything.

Congrats to all the others joining this thread, looking forward to chatting with yas over the next few months

My little one is teething too. She was up at half three last night. I was like a zombie today n to top it all off she fell off the bed tonight. Iv made a thread in baby club if anyone can be bothered. Im feelin so awful now. Cant sleep for worrying. Shes 8 months btw. Hope uv all had a better day than me ladies xx

I haven't actually looked at the scales...I'm afraid to. Still have probably a stone left over from DS, who was born Oct 2nd last year. I have also been sick with a cold for the last month, which I'm just getting over, so haven't been as active as I would like. But got out today for a nice walk (thanks to the great weather) and hope to keep that up and keep the weight off.

hello I'm from Ireland, its nice to see someone else on here that will have similar scan dates to me. everyone else gets scans earlier but in ireland the normal for scan is around 20 weeks:growlmad:

Hey there littlebabyno4, so rare to see other people from Ireland on here. I've actually already had a scan due to spotting. Was quite relieved to see the heartbeat. Its unreal the differences between hospitals. I will be going to Portlaoise hospital and I rang to see when my first ante-natal appointment would be and was told 12-13 weeks. Something I actually like about that hospital is that they scan you at every visit. I've heard that Mullingar only give one scan at 20 weeks. If that were the case for me last time, I would have been in big trouble as I lost my waters and never went into labour. As I didn't leak between going to the bathroom, I didn't realise I was loosing it. Will you get more than one scan?

jennies_bump1 - I bought an angelcare sensor pad today. It was half price in argos, so figured may as well get it at a good price. Other than that, haven't bought anything.

Congrats to all the others joining this thread, looking forward to chatting with yas over the next few months

doc said when i go in for booking in app at 12 weeks he'l talk to me bout having early scan because I m/c in August but usually 1st scan is around 20 weeks but will have loads of scans in last tri.

My little one is teething too. She was up at half three last night. I was like a zombie today n to top it all off she fell off the bed tonight. Iv made a thread in baby club if anyone can be bothered. Im feelin so awful now. Cant sleep for worrying. Shes 8 months btw. Hope uv all had a better day than me ladies xx

Aw sorry to hear you're having it rough. Has her teething eased any? LO's seems to come and go, thank goodness he's getting over his cough and cold though. That must've been such a shock when your LO fell off the bed, does she seem ok? They're hardier than you think though.

I went and got an angelcare sensor as well after reading your post! Great that it was half price, managed to get the last one in store. :happydance:

I went and got an angelcare sensor as well after reading your post! Great that it was half price, managed to get the last one in store. :happydance:

Good woman!! I have one for DS1 already and it definitely puts your mind at ease. We read up on them a good bit before getting one and felt they were worth the money. I remember the first few nights at hospital I was waking every hour if not more to check on him. But once home with the sensor pad, I was able to relax a little bit.

littlebabyno4 - would be nice if he was able to give you the scan on the day or close after. 20 weeks is too long to go worrying after having a m/c. Have you thought of going for a private scan? They are around €100 down here.

Hello everyone! Im new here. I'm due Oct 4 with my first baby! I had an US at 7w1d and was right on target!

Aw sorry to hear you're having it rough. Has her teething eased any? LO's seems to come and go, thank goodness he's getting over his cough and cold though. That must've been such a shock when your LO fell off the bed, does she seem ok? They're hardier than you think though.

thanks, she seems fine now thankfully. i got such a fright. ill try to be super careful from now on:blush: her front teeth have slightly pierced through today and shes been really upset. shes staying at grans tho and when i left her the calpol had kicked in and she looked much better. i feel bad shes not with me but damn its good to get a breaK. hows ur little boy doin? x

Hi everyone and congratulations!

I thought I might join you guys... I am a little over 9 weeks along, with an Oct 8th due date... this is my third pregnancy, with the first two (last year) ending in miscarriages. I just had my booking appointment and all looks OK... I decided to not have an early scan this time around as when I experienced my second miscarriage, I had one and the scan was not good (was dated 4 weeks when I should have been 7 and there was no indication of a embryo at that point) and proceeded to miscarry a week later... the scan made me so upset and more worried than I wanted to be so that when I found out I was pregnant again, I decided not to have one.

The biggest symptom I have had is exhaustion... I am just so so tired all the time! I can't stay up past 9 pm and have such a hard time waking up... even if I sleep more than 10 hours a night, I am tired by the time I get into work... I don't remember feeling this tired before with the other pregnancies.

I have the other normal symptoms (nausea, sore bbs, headaches) on and off, with the nausea really coming on strong every other day or so for a good few hours in the morning or evening, usually when I am hungry... but otherwise, haven't been too bothered by it.

Look forward to hearing about all your journeys!

Hi there,

I'm due on the 30 September with my second. I have my 12 week scan on thursday (a little early) and just keeping everything crossed that all is ok. I had a scan when I was nearly 7 weeks just to find out how long gone I was.

I haven't had any ms just sore boobs and been tired. I have been having headaches the last few days too!

Lesley x

Hi ladies I'm due 27th September fxd all being well! Going for early scan Wednesday an normal scan booked for 17th march! I am having early scan due to 2mc an not that I had lots of symptoms but I have had a few an now feel like they have all disappeared! Saw mw today she tried to find hb with Doppler but couldn't! So she said she would scan me to reassure me but this is perfectly normal this early! I hope she's right!! Anyone else had this? X

hey girls i have a due date of 2nd oct from scan at 6 weeks they did say that may change at dating scan which is next wk but just going on that date for now as I dont have a clue when I conceived it could have been anywhere from begining of december. I have 2 little ones already a boy who's 6 and a little girl who's 6 months am on my own with little ones as relationship broke down beyond repair a week after I got positive preg test.

To Davies I havent experienced this but have had no symptoms myself this time round and know the worry x hope your scan goes ok on wednesday stay strong hunny xx

To scots girl my little girl did the same thing when she was 5 months rolled off the sofa i felt so guilty after but she'd been fast asleep when id left her only for a couple of mins to put kettle on next thing I knew she was screaming. Needless to say she now gets strapped in her pushchair everytime she falls asleep we learn by our mistakes dont beat yourself up over it hun xx

hey girls i have a due date of 2nd oct from scan at 6 weeks they did say that may change at dating scan which is next wk but just going on that date for now as I dont have a clue when I conceived it could have been anywhere from begining of december. I have 2 little ones already a boy who's 6 and a little girl who's 6 months am on my own with little ones as relationship broke down beyond repair a week after I got positive preg test.

To Davies I havent experienced this but have had no symptoms myself this time round and know the worry x hope your scan goes ok on wednesday stay strong hunny xx

To scots girl my little girl did the same thing when she was 5 months rolled off the sofa i felt so guilty after but she'd been fast asleep when id left her only for a couple of mins to put kettle on next thing I knew she was screaming. Needless to say she now gets strapped in her pushchair everytime she falls asleep we learn by our mistakes dont beat yourself up over it hun xx
thanks for that.. congrats on your bfp!! so sorry to hear about your relationship breakdown. my ex left me when my first baby was 3 weeks old. its hard at the time but now i see it was for the best. got a wonderful partner now. and at the time i managed just fine on my own. ul be surprised how well things can turn out. hope ur keeping well xx:kiss:

hi ladies & hello to the new ladies who have joined our thread, congrats on your pregnancies :)

i had a wonderful time in scarbrough with bump & my partner, was very relaxing and didnt want to come home, eventhough the weather wasnt as great as we could have hoped for, only 1 day of spitting rain so wasnt too bad... we visited the sealife centre and saw the shark & sea turtle feeding which was amazing, so many beautiful animals..

i have been ever so hungry this last week, everytime i eat i dont feel full, i have eaten more than my fair share of pretty much everything lol
have felt alot better aswel this week, not so much sickness, just when im hungry during the day, more visits to the loo at night and still feel exhausted no matter how many hours sleep im getting :(

one other thing i have been experiencing is bloat, i look huge at the minute which isnt so fun, as i know its not baby, its all gas & ive been so constipated its unreal, has anyone got any tips on how to help???
im eating more smaller meals during the days, some healthy and some not so healthy and the only things i have found which help with toilet visits is BEANS and im getting quite bored of them now :(

hope everyone is well and bumps are behaving themselves

lots of love jen & bump x

Prune juice for the constipation. It made a huge difference for me in my first pregnancy. Also kiwis are supposed to be high in fibre. I find the more crap I eat and the more fatty foods I eat the more constipated I get. Opt for wholegrain as opposed to white bread, pasta or rice.

I know what you mean about the gas and bloat! Its killing me!!

hiya
glad you enjoyed your weekend away. im really bloated too but i think im maybe further on than i think. i have my scan on thursday a week early. i actually look about 5 months pregnant. my dates were never for certain so we will see. i am certain im feeling movement as well.. god i hope its not twins lol. im really tired as well but thats prob cos my little one is up at 6 every morning. nightmare. shes at grans tonight so going to enjoy a long lie.
hope your all well xx

Scotsgirl our LO is good thanks, he's slept a bit better these past two nights, fingers crossed it continues but I wouldn't bet on it. Still no teeth! Glad your LO is fine.

Stacy and Lesley congrats and welcome! Hope you have a happyand healthy nine months!

Daviess I hope your scan went well. I'm surprised the mw tried to find the hb. Last time I was pg she tried at 16 weeks and got it but it took a wee while and she warned me beforehand that she mightn't be able to. So don't worry you're still early on.

Jennie glad you enjoyed your break, I'm bloated at times too but luckily not constipated. I also heard that kiwis are 'nature's laxative' too so maybe try and eat a few a day, lots of vit C too! Liquorice is supposed to help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->