*Bump Buddies- middle/end of April*

awww thats fab bernie!!!! congratulations

this is my birth story!

19th April, my daughters 3rd birthday, everything was pretty normal, I had no signs or anything and then my waters broke at 10pm when I stood up to go for a wee, we had a little BBQ with family and friends for Evie's birthday so still had 2 friends round lol, James (dp) had a drink and I was whinging like mad saying what if I went into labour when they broke lol! So when my waters did break, no1 believed me till they saw the puddle on the floor!!! I rang my mum and the hospital who said I couldn't go in till 11 pm as they were too busy but by 10.30pm (just 30 mins from my waters breaking) I was in agony! So my mum came round and my step dad took us hospital while my friend stayed with Evie at home (Evie was fast asleep in bed lol) my mum then went back to mine while I was getting settled in a room at hospital, and got all Evie's stuff, took her to her house, settled her then got a taxi back to hospital bless her, I wanted Evie at my mums cos I knew she knows my mums house and loves my step dad.

As I walked in to labour suite, the pain was awful, I had to stop about 5 times from the car to my room, when I got there, the midwife was so funny and off with me, which really upset me, she kept saying things like "did you forget what labour was like?" and left me for an hour before she examined me!!!

Mum got back to hospital about half 11 and I got examined , all along I knew I was atleast 4cms as the pain was sooo bad, so I wasnt suprised when the midwife said I was 5cms , she then changed her tune and repeatedly told me how well I was doing, and how fab everything was progressing! She then gave me gas and air which took the edge off the pain, I was so proud of myself to get to 5cm's with absolutely NOTHING! lol. The pain was getting really bad so I had a shot of dia morphine which worked fab!

From having the dia morphine, I was a bit spaced out and just got through the pains, didn't say a word to anyone lol, I was so busy concentrating it was crazy!!!

About 00:45 they started to hurt more and I wanted to push but the midwife didn't really believe me, she had a look and could see his head so she put her apron on lol and said to James to get the buzzer and when she said, buzz so another midwife could come in to assist with the placenta, Well he had it about 10 seconds and she said "buzz now James" as I was pushing him out, 2 pushes and he was out! I panicked a bit cos he didn't cry straight away but he did and I started crying, then my mum and James both did lol! James cut the cord and I had cuddles, I just kept repeating myself saying how beautiful he was! I was bleeding quite a bit and needed stitching so they called down the registrar to stitch me up, I had 2nd degree tearing but the bleeding stopped once I'd been stitched, I had to use gas and air through them stitching me up! the midwife and James got baby dressed while I got sorted, had a shower...

Everything went fine so I could stay in the hospital hotel with James, we finally got up there at 4am ish and got settled, I tried to sleep but really couldnt, all I did was stare at my beautiful baby, hes so perfect!!!!

The next morning, James, baby and myself took a stroll to the restaurant and had a fry up lol! was so lovely, everything was so laid back and relaxed!!! The pead came and checked baby all over, had his hearing test, a midwife came to help bath him, then about 12 midday we was allowed home!!!

All in all it was perfect! My waters broke at 10pm and he was out by 00:59, so not even 3 hours in labour!

Ollie Zak James Davies born 20th April at 00.59 weighing 3.95kg which I'm still unsure of in pounds lol! 8lb 10 my midwife said?!

Im so pleased and happy, my daughters birth was so different, she was born with her head looking up and it was such a slow, agonising labour, so Ollie's birth was a big shock but relief as I was so scared when my waters broke that I would be there days!!!

hope uve all had ur babies now!! congratulations!!!!

Congratulations Caz, i thought i was quick but yours def was lol well done xx

She's gorgeous congratulations, sorry you has such a hard time after the birth but you did very well in labour well done! I don't think we realise how good our hubby's are going to be till something tests them, i've recently been back in hospital for 8 days (i had a blood clot on my lung) at 1st cause i was quite poorly Jack couldn't stay in hospital with me so my hubby had to look after all 3 of them convert Jack from breastfeeding to bottle feeding (cause i can't breastfeed anymore cause of my medication) and come to visit me daily, he did really well i'm so proud of him, eventually after 4 days i was well enough for Jack to come and join me which gave hubby a bit of a break xx

I got a BFP this past weekend and I am guessing we are due around April 26th. Anyone else due around that time? We already have a 4 yr old daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->