Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

:wohoo:Good morning fellow pregnant ladies! Bump buddies it is then! Is there a way to set it up so it's easier to contect each other? Anyway, to introduce myself: My name's Jo, I'm 29 and live with my hubby in Hertfordshire. 2010 has been a very good year for us cos we got engaged in jan, married in may, bought a house in august nearer our families and now the icing on the cake, after a year of TTC we're pregnant!
I've got my first docs appointment today, hopefully that'll make it a bit more real, I keep thinking that I'm going to snap out of the daydream and realise that it's all my imagination! Going to see my new nephew today too (3 weeks old) so will probably cry cos last time I saw him was before i knew i was pregnant. I'll definately be using him to practice with as I've never even changed a nappy before!
Are you going to find out if you're having a girl or boy? DH wants to but I don't.
Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months (raises a glass of schloer to you all!) x :wohoo:

Hi, i had my last period started on November 10th, we dtd on 24th Nov - did lots of other times too but im convinced that was the time :happydance:
Sooo am I 4 weeks 4 days or a few weeks pregnant..

Clear blue says 1-2 weeks..

I also dont get what the 9 + 2 ect is..

Sorry im being thick :blush:

hi kaths, my last period started 10th of november too and was wondering same thing, going to doctors today...though i should know better, have two boys already :blush:

i was on baby and bump for so much of my last pregnancy, looking forward to another 9 months of pregnancy chat :)

Hi Wifey, hmm Im not sure if there is a way to contact each other? I havent been on this forum long - If not I will change my title and we can just use here...
Im Katherine, 31 and live in Norfolk - OH and I are not married yet but plan to - but I didnt want to delay the TTC'ing because of my age. I have wanted children since I was very young so we are both delighted. We have been trying since Sept 09, fell pregnant in April and had a misscarriage in June - very scary times so Im a little less excited about his one as im so wary it could happen again... Having a bump buddy will definetly keep my spirits high :thumbup:

Good Luck with the docs appointment - what are you going for? Round here we cant go until 10 weeks then get the scan date at 12 weeks - it feels a long time to wait..

I 'think' were going to find out whether boy or girl - we havent decided yet but think we would like to know to get prepared :happydance:

Have a nice time with your Nephew - I have 2 nieces 6 and 9 so Im doing the whole auntie bit and spoil them rotten!!
Let me know how it all went today xx

Hi, i had my last period started on November 10th, we dtd on 24th Nov - did lots of other times too but im convinced that was the time :happydance:
Sooo am I 4 weeks 4 days or a few weeks pregnant..

Clear blue says 1-2 weeks..

I also dont get what the 9 + 2 ect is..

Sorry im being thick :blush:

hi kaths, my last period started 10th of november too and was wondering same thing, going to doctors today...though i should know better, have two boys already :blush:

i was on baby and bump for so much of my last pregnancy, looking forward to another 9 months of pregnancy chat :)

Hey, your the same as me too - how come everyone is having docs appointments? I dont get mine with he midwife until 10 weeks!!
On the date preictor it says my due date is 17th August but I guess you dont really know until the first scan

Kaths, sorry to hear about your mc, sending you happy sticky bean thoughts x

The docs appointment was basically just to let them know I'm pg and get the ball rolling, he didn't do a test or anything. I did a get a pregnancy pack though with vouchers for my bounty pack from argos, some vouchers, lots of advertising leaflets and a couple of pregnancy magazines and my pregnancy medical file to fill out background info before I see the midwife. I've also booked in for a flu jab on 29th dec and my midwife appointment on 20th jan, can't wait! I got a form for my prescription exemption certificate too. That was it really. He said 'I assume you've done at least one pg test?' and chuckled when I said I'd done 3! I didn't think that 3 was excessive! I did one last sat morning then we did a clearblue digital one on sat night so we could see the word 'pregnant' on the test and then I still had one at home so I did another one this morning before the doctor to check it is all real before I got officially registered as pregnant! I'm hoping that as dec/jan there's a lot going on at work the time to my midwife appointment will go quick.
Have you told anyone about your pg yet? We've told our families but not sure when to tell work.

Kaths, sorry to hear about your mc, sending you happy sticky bean thoughts x

The docs appointment was basically just to let them know I'm pg and get the ball rolling, he didn't do a test or anything. I did a get a pregnancy pack though with vouchers for my bounty pack from argos, some vouchers, lots of advertising leaflets and a couple of pregnancy magazines and my pregnancy medical file to fill out background info before I see the midwife. I've also booked in for a flu jab on 29th dec and my midwife appointment on 20th jan, can't wait! I got a form for my prescription exemption certificate too. That was it really. He said 'I assume you've done at least one pg test?' and chuckled when I said I'd done 3! I didn't think that 3 was excessive! I did one last sat morning then we did a clearblue digital one on sat night so we could see the word 'pregnant' on the test and then I still had one at home so I did another one this morning before the doctor to check it is all real before I got officially registered as pregnant! I'm hoping that as dec/jan there's a lot going on at work the time to my midwife appointment will go quick.
Have you told anyone about your pg yet? We've told our families but not sure when to tell work.

Ah ok I get all that with the midwife at 8/10 weeks, Ive done 3 tests too - well 4 but one didnt work!! I Wee'd on it too much :haha:
I did one this morning too just to check and I had a lovely dark line!
We havent told anyone yet and i dont think we will until our first scan! Im def not telling my work until that point..
I will be booking my midwife appointment about mid Jan I think :happydance: xx

Hey Babywisher, don't worry, you'll get there. I was anxious the same way since there was no way to tell whether I was pregnant other than to know that I still didn't have my period and that the pee stick told me so. Now I am so bloated, tired, nauseated, and hungry that I wish I could go back when I didn't have any symptoms. Oh, yeah, I forgot to add emotional to that list...haha. I bought my first pair of maternity pants and they are awful. I can barely fit into anything else, so I need to go shopping again. The selection stinks and the prices aren't good either. They look like huge overalls that go up to my boobs. Thank goodness for sweaters that can cover up the ugly elastic band. And did anyone else notice that the quality of these clothes is so awful? The jeans feel like they're going to fall apart any second. I think someone needs to come up with an affordable maternity line that looks decent. I would be first in line to buy :)

babyblessed - You're avatar is really cute.

I've had cramps and backache all afternoon so feeling a bit grumpy today. Luckily hubby is cooking dinner tonight so goimng to enjoy scoffing that and then lovely hot bath followed by early night. How are you all doing? any symptoms?

hello ladies,

I know exactly when I ovulated and conceived and based on that I am 5+6 (according to various calculators) however, I oVed on CD25, so very late in cycle. I am worried that the doctor will overestimate how far I am gone counting from 1st cycle day and scan will then show that baby is not developing! Should I tell the doctor that I know my conception date? And will it matter?

hello ladies,

I know exactly when I ovulated and conceived and based on that I am 5+6 (according to various calculators) however, I oVed on CD25, so very late in cycle. I am worried that the doctor will overestimate how far I am gone counting from 1st cycle day and scan will then show that baby is not developing! Should I tell the doctor that I know my conception date? And will it matter?

Yes, I would mention it just in case, you dont want to be worried that somethings wrong when you are not as far on as they think!
I know exactly too! Im 4 days behind you!!

I think the docs count it from the first day of your last period regardless of when you ov'd, not quite sure how it works with different cycle lengths etc but I if you know when you ov'd then it can't hurt to tell them.

Just popped in this morning to check out my apple seed - woohoo baby is growing!

Yes, I would mention it just in case, you dont want to be worried that somethings wrong when you are not as far on as they think!

Hi Kaths101, do you want to be my bump buddy? :flower:

Hi Kaths101, do you want to be my bump buddy? :flower:

Yes :hugs: if I can have more than one?, Mrs wifey is my buddy too :flower:
I might just keep this thread going so we can all keep each other updated..

Mrs Wifey - oooo I see your apple seed :happydance: Its so strange to think baba is that small!!
Any symptoms anyone?? Still none for me - I am very very hungry all the time and still getting heartburn but apart from that - thats it! :shrug:

I think you can have as many bump buddies as you like! When are you due satine?

Anyone else finding the snow extra scary because of pg? I'm so paranoid about slipping over!

I think you can have as many bump buddies as you like! When are you due satine?

Anyone else finding the snow extra scary because of pg? I'm so paranoid about slipping over!

Yes its awful, my trip to work is horrible, down slopes etc so I hang on to the hand rails for dear life!! I slid into a ditch last night in the car, I was ok didnt hurt myself but my nerves definetly were tattered!!!
Hows things Mrs Wifey?

I usually go for walks, as its the only exercise I can do. I walk soooo slow and my SO doesnt even want me outside

Hello kaths101 and Mrswifey, I am due on 13th of Aug. I have actually used 2 calculators that count from conception date, because I know exactly when it happened :shy:
I usually have very long cycles, so at my 1st appt I am sure the midwife will calculate that I am further than I really am (or should I cheat with the 1st cycle day maybe? that thought crossed my mind!! :roll: )
I am being quite careful in the snow, there are lots of it here in Surrey!
I am feeling quite strange today, completely not pregnant but at the same time scared to take another test, in case it all turns out to be just a dream!!

Satine, I know what you mean about thinking it's all a dream! I did 2 tests the day after AF was due, both definate strong BFP's and then on the day I had my docs appointment I did another one cos I didn't want to look silly in front of the doc if it was all my imagination!

Kaths, Are you ok? Very scary going into a ditch, I hope you weren't stuck there for too long!

Took me an hour and a half to drive home from work yesterday, normally only takes about 35 mins! Hubby is getting very protective about me driving in nthe snow, especially cos I have to drive so far to work every day and they're not the best roads! I keep having to explain that even if I had an accident I'd be going too slowly to hurt anything anyway! Having said that I still think I'd be quite skaen up if anything did happen!

I'm not feeling too bright today, got some mild cramping but also got the runs (sorry if TMI!) so feeling quite stressy and poorly. It might be because I had a carvery last night with loads of veg but not sure. Also can't tell if the cramps are baby cramps or poorly tummy cramps so feeling a bit sorry for myself at the moment! I'll go have some peppermint tea in a bit and see if that helps. :nope:

Hi Wifey, yes im fine thanks, I wasnt there long at all as a nice man in a van stopped and pulled me out, I was only going about 10mph so no damage done to me and the car - I needed a nice strong cuppa (decaf of course)when I got in though and couldnt stop shaking!

Im feeling a bit crappy too - wonder if it does have something to do with roast dinners :blush: I have had a few lately - at work roast is on the menu til christmas so I tend to have that as its the only thing vaguely healthy with veggies so I keep having that but feel a bit poorly afterwards... maybe its the sprouts!!! :haha:

Satine51, i would just tell the midwife you know date of conception so theres no confusion but it will all work its way out in the end - I also know my exact date which is a bit embarrasing isnt it :blush:

This is probably TMI but are you girls getting a lot of discharge? I am its keeps scaring me as I think its blood - I feel really wet all the time blurrrggh anyway on that note im going to wrap some Christmas presents and speak to you soon..:hugs:

Hey ladies,

I'm a recent bfp too! Found out last week :) I'd love to be bump buddies with one or all of the august ladies!

I've been getting cramps and have had a dodgy tummy today too - it's still not sunk in yet!

Definitely finding the snow worrying, so know how you feel!

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->