Bump buddies MrsWifey, Babywisher19, Satine51 and others welcome Aug 2011

Thank you, I hope it does! Tbe dosing is so much easier than gaviscon. I am pleased that Adrian is so much better, it gives me hope. Apparently weaning often helps, so in 2 months she should be better anyway hopefully. Is anybody ready for it btw? I don't know much about it although I have been stalking weaning forum recently!

Im not really looking forward to it tbh, I have been stalking the weaning threads too.

When is everyone starting? What are you going to use? My friend had one of those organic pouches the other day - it looked and tasted really nice :haha: Yes I tried some!! :winkwink:

Im hoping weaning helps his sleeping too!! heres hoping!! I was up 6 times the other night - still no where near STTN :nope:

Hi girls :flower:

Tryng to catch up :blush:

Well i have had the devil child for the last 4 weeks - he has been wingy and clingy and has gone through car seat, pushchair,bouncy chair and jumperoo hatred but its finally starting to get easier although he is a baby that needs alot of attention but otherwise he isnt moany or anything really anymore - a couple of people have mentioned wonder weeks that can last a few weeks and they are the 3 c's - clinginess, crankiness and crying so i guess thats what it was.

He also has reflux and been on rantidine for 4 weeks now and although the sick is alot less and less frequent he is still sick a bit. He also went from 50th centile to nearly 25th so i decided to start weaning him a week ago - i started him on baby rice but he hated it and i got banana porridge this week and he loves it oh and kaths he still is up in the night - booo

I feel the same too with regards the oh's they seem to carry on there lives doing what they want and getting up when they want - i actaully had words this morning about it with him.

How is everyone :flower:

xxx

Hey ladies!
Haven't checked in on here for ages, nice to see you all! :wave:
Well, Adrian is still a giant, got him weighed at 18 weeks and he is 17lb 13oz. My back and shoulders ache when i lay down at night... love the little fatty!
I'm planning on waiting to start weaning until at least after christmas, hopefully until after he is 5 months. I want to make him last on BM as long as possible. He does stare at my food and try to lean forward to get it already though. Which makes me think that it wont take long to get him to take real food!
He has just discovered that he can screech very high pitched and do it again and again and again... it was quite funny to begin with but is ouchy on the ears :haha: Sometimes he sounds like a cat...
I had to go into work today for a 1:1 with HR about boring work stuff... when i came home Adrian was crying and had been for a while. My OH was in pieces and didnt know what to do. My poor boys, it was hard on both of them! :haha: I was only gone for about 2 and half hours!
Still having battles when we want Adrian to nap in the day, i just sing "what shall we do with a drunken sailor (bouncing baby)" over and over again. It sends me to sleep, but not him :dohh:
So, bit different to a year ago now hey? :) Wow, feels like a lifetime ago. Cant believe how much your life can change in a year :cloud9:

:flower:Happy Christmas ladies :flower:

Attachments

• 13-12-11-10-01.jpg
    13-12-11-10-01.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 12-12-11-11-48(001).jpg
    12-12-11-11-48(001).jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 08-12-11-11-47.jpg
    08-12-11-11-47.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 3
Hi Angie, nice to see you back here, its funny (or not) the phases they go through!

Lilli, aw Adrian is sooo cute, lovely little chunky monkey. I love his hair, Jack has lost his :cry: he only has a few whispy bits left.

Im leaving Jack with my OH tomorrow as im going to the theatre to see a christmas show! I hope they will be ok :wacko:

xx

Hi Kath,
Yeah, Adrian's fell out in clumps when he was about 3 months old then all this blond has come through. It was so dark when he was born! He still has a dark ring round the back of his neck then the rest is light, two tone hair! :haha: OH is dark, i'm blondish. Dont worry, Jack's will come back! :)
My hair has started falling out in clumps now :( I was in the bath this morning and there was literally hand fulls...
Hope your boys were ok without you!
:hugs:

Hi Girls,

I hope you all had a lovely christmas with your little ones - especially as it was their first - how did it go?

We had a lovely time, Jack had a bit of a meltdown xmas eve night but other than that he was really good and had some really nice presents - though I must say - loads of them are electronic and very noisy!!! :wacko:

what did your babes wear christmas day?
I just tried to upload a pic but it wont work so will post one later xx

Heres my little man.. he's 4 months old today - where is the time going??

CIMG5579.jpg

Did anyone have any family issues over christmas? My in laws were fab, always are but my mum gave Jack some strawberry gâteaux!!! :nope:
I could have killed her - he liked it apparently - oh great!!!

Hello!
Happy Christmas Everyone :kiss:
Ours was a bit weird. We didnt go to yorkshire and i miss my family but my mum came down and PIL's came over... It was a bit full on for Adrian and he had a few little melt downs. Not helped by having his 3rd injections on the 20th!
Kath, has Jack had his 3rd ones yet? 48hrs later, Adrian's leg went very angry red around one of the injection sites, probably about 6cm across in a circle. I took him back to the docs and she said it was on the large side of normal but it went down on it's own the next day. She said you only need to worry if it goes in a band all the way around the leg, not just radiating out from the injection site.
Since then he's slept quite a bit - well, needed too and then whined when he cant drop off! And i think he's using me as a teething toy! At first i thought it was a growth spurt he was feeding for so long, but then when it started hurting, i realised his ploy! Dont really know what to do about it though...
Anyway, best wishes and hugs for a Happy New Year! Funny, last year is was about 8 weeks pregnant, drinking fruit juice and in bed by 11pm! :haha:
:hugs:

Hi Lilli,
I know - funny how things can change so much in a year! Just think next xmas our Los will be walking :wacko:

Aw poor Adrian, no Jack has his on the 3rd January, I was worried about him having his appt just before xmas but luckily its not. The last lot he was really teary for 3 days after and didnt sleep well so im not looking forward to these ones!!

Have you tried adrian on any foods yet? Ive noticed Jack is spending a lot more time on the boob now and he is def interested in food. When OH and I eat he watches like a hawk and chews :haha:
He had a little bit of mushed banana this morning which he liked and ate so I think hes ready but will probably wait a few more weeks. I dont know why people are in a hurry to wean - its sooo messy lol After the banana this morning it was EVERYWHERE, in his hair, up his nose!!

Also everything is now going in his mouth? is anyone else finding that? Blankets, his jumper, his toys etc :wacko:

Anyway wishing you and your families a happy and healthy new year xx
(p.s Lilli its not going to be much different this year, I will still be on fruit juice and in bed by 11pm!!) xx

Hiya, no, we havent tried any food yet... he is definitely interested but i want to wait until he is a little bit older. I think he'll take to food really quickly but he cant sit up yet without being held. If he's leaning against me he's ok. I want him to be a bit more stable first, hopefully that'll improve in the next few weeks. Cow and Gate do a good Weaning pack with a free spoon and quite a few vouchers in :thumbup:
Everything goes in his mouth! If i'm wearing a cardigan, or something with big sleeves, he'll grad them while i'm changing his nappy and start sucking them! He licks his furry jaguar (wild cat not car), which really cant be good on the tongue! :haha: Zips on his hoodies. Cloths when i'm trying to burp him...
Aw, love him so much! :cloud9:

Hi girls,

I just wanted to wish you all a Happy New year and thank you all for being my buddies, you have all been fantastic and made everything a little easier being able to come on her to share concerns in the early bump days and these days to vent, gloat and show off pictures :flower: - weve made it to 96 pages so far thats a fair bit of talking! :rofl:.

I can not believe this time last year we were a few weeks pregnant - just looked at my first post - I was 4 weeks 4 days and now our little bundles of joy are here! What an amazing year 2011 have been.

Thank you again and hope 2012 is happy and healthy for you all xx

Hello Girls!

Happy new year! We have been really struggling with Amelie's reflux for the last few weeks. Fortunately, I have now found a brilliant GP who listens and treats us seriously! After a few weeks on a highest dose of ranitidine, we have been prescribed omeprasole (sp?) and I hope this is going to be our magic cure...I haven't started weaning yet, but we have just bought a high chair- I am excited about it! I haven't decided whether to do TW or BLW, but I suppose with reflux I should do TW?
Anyway, it's great to see how great everyone is doing. Here is a picture of my little Darling! I love her so much!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSC_3238.jpg
    DSC_3238.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
aw Satine, she is gorgeous - Hows she doing now? Have you started weaning now as it really helps reflux!

How are all your little babes?.. I took Jack swimming this week for the first time - he loved it!! :kiss: and ive started him on puree fruit and veg which he also loves!!

Hello All,

Nice to hear that you are doing well with Jack Kaths! Where did you take him swimming? Was it a special baby swimming class, or did you just go on your own?
We haven't been swimming yet, but we have started doing baby sensory classes, which Amelie really loves, I highly recommend them! https://www.babysensory.com/en/Default.aspx?&CL=1

We are still having awful digestive issues with Amelie. The reflux seems to be controlled on Omeprazole, but she has the most terrible gas (bottom gas , tmi!) and she has 4 am gas pains, every day for 1-2hrs. Also in the evening. I am not sure what causes it, but it started a few weeks before any weaning, so it can't be that. I am on dairy and soya free diet and have been for ages, so that can't be it either. The only thing I can think of is a side effect of the reflux meds? We are going back to the docs on Wed to check it out.
She used to be such a good sleeper, but suddenly last night we were up with her from 11pm to 3pm and then up again at 6! She was just in pain and was crying when tooting. It breaks my heart!
Btw, we have started weaning gently on veg and fruit purees and I also give her finger foods to play with already. I like the idea of BLW, but we have decided to start with the traditional approach but also introduce some finger foods.

Have any of you ladies decided what to do about going back to work? I dread thinking about it! I haven't left Amelie with anyone for longer than 2hrs, I just can't imagine leaving her, even with MIL!

Hiya :wave:
Kath, i saw the photo of Jack swimming, very cute! We start classes at the end of feb :)
Oh Satine, poor little Amelie! :( Who would've known that gas would be so painful. Poor baby, it's so unfair. I hope the docs can give you some answers.
We've started weaning... I was ill with a tummy bug (again) and got so dehydrated that i lost my milk supply :wacko: Long story short, Adrian ate half a jar of food on his first sitting because he was so hungry. I think my milk had been really rubbish because i'd been ill and then it just stopped :cry: Poor little man, we were both crying! So it was forced on us rather quickly and thrown in at the deep end with no gradual progression but he seems to be fine, loves his food and is now having 3 meals a day!!!
I made some baby food, which was actually lots of fun! i really enjoyed it. Got the steamer off the top of the cupboard and did lots of carrot, potatos, broccoli, pear... He loves pear! Dont think i made the potato and carrot mix smooth enough though cos he spits it out... :haha: I would've liked to do BLW but having been thrown into a variation of traditional, i might do a mixture. Not quite organised yet.
The doctor gave me some tablets which boosted my milk supply but i dont think it'll ever fully come back so it's a good job he likes his food!
We're doing so many classes at the moment. My favourite is Baby Sign Language. We've only had 2 lessons so far but i really like it and hope that Adrian picks it up. And we're doing Baby Massage through our local Children's Centre. The tummy massage has come in handy this morning as Adrian had gone 48 hours without a poo!!!
Satine, have you tried any massage on Amelie? It really is quite amazing doing their tummies, i can feel it bubbling while i'm doing it.
Dont even want to think about work yet! I'm lucky that i don't have to for another few months. I need to put in an application to only go back part time. I don't think i'll have any problems getting the hours i want, just don't want to do it! I'm thinking 3 x 7hour days. We'll see.

Attachments

• 27-01-12-08-49.jpg
    27-01-12-08-49.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 27-01-12-08-52(004).jpg
    27-01-12-08-52(004).jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 25-01-12-14-58.jpg
    25-01-12-14-58.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 26-01-12-15-25(001) 10-37-48.jpg
    26-01-12-15-25(001) 10-37-48.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1
aw look at your little man Lilli!!
Well we have reached the 6 month mark! Well almost for me, unbelievable isnt it - how time flies!! Shame pregnancy didnt go this fast :haha:

I have been swimming quite a lot with jack, we dont go to classes, just go on our own and its lovely. We went yesterday and towards the end of the session I laid him on his back on the water and he fell asleep!! haha

Satine, i hope Amelie is getting there with her wind? Sounds awful - poor baby. Im now weaning too, we have gone with a mix too of purees and finger foods - though I hate it when he gags and coughs and splutters - so scary!!

Jack still hasnt got any teeth? How are Adrian and Amelie doing with teeth?

Im back to work on 3rd March :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->