Bump Buddy - 30th July

I'm glad you had a good day, does sound good :D. Is your grandma ok?

Shame the baby show was disappointing. I've never been to one before but I guess it's companies showcasing their products?

It's funny, they say rhesus negative is rare yet there are loads I know of who are. I know that my blood group is quite rare though as I am A-
How did you find the anti-D? I bled and have a bruise. Thankfully the second one (if needed) is less painful due to less being injected.

Ha ha ha. I couldn't think of anything for leather that wasn't boring, leather whip sounds good!

The meal was good. Apart from OH burning his shirt and ruining it with the iron before we left and blaming me! He can be such an A-hole. Oh and he really pi***d me off when he told my friends the name we have for our baby. I have told everyone I am keeping it secret and had several reasons. He knows this and was even stood beside me when people asked again and I said I'm still not telling. He has told his friends and family which is fair enough. But he should have respected my wishes. As usual he doesn't give a crap and can't see my side of it. Last night was probably the last night he will see them until after baby is born so he could have just kept his mouth shut. He even blurted it out ages after people asked and it was not the current conversation. Ugh. Sorry for the moan. I am very fed up with him today. Again.

How is your Sunday? Ours is not as I thought it would be. We are not going to Winchester. He is on the Xbox all day while I have been to Tesco, done washing, made lunch and will cook a roast, wash up and iron. Fun!

Sorry for the delayed reply. Been really busy with work, home & visting my Gran.

She is in hospital still!! She had a knee operation went home then she fell at home and dislocated her shoulder then crawled to the phone to phone an ambulance. She is now back in hosital!!

Atleast I didn't waste any money on useless products.

I know loads of people seem to be R-Neg. I have had to have 3 injections after bleeds and a fall and all have been ok really. They have stung a bit but nothing too traumatic.

How are you and Louis doing?

What are your plans for this weeks?

x x

Aw your poor gran :( I hope she is better very soon. I was a domicilliary care worker so used to see the affects of the elderly having falls all the time. I wish her a speedy recovery.

We are fine thank you. Half term next week, hoping the weather improves! We have my friend's son's 4th Birthday party tomorrow and will be doing various other things weather dependent.

How's your weekend?

Feels like time is going to fly by so I really should get started on the house!

xx

ooooo can i join you girls - i'm due 30/07 with my first :flower:

xxx

Of course you can :D The more the merrier.

Not long until your Maternity leave I see, bet you can't wait!

How have you found your pregnancy?

i simply can not wait to finish - i have been finding myself counting down for the last month and bored of work now
I have been the luckiest girl during my pregnancy - felt totally normal apart from a few hormonal days and got a bit of back ache now but thats it. Bet my labour is going to be terrible :haha:
how about u

xxx

Aww I'm sure it won't be. Some are just lucky :) Any plans for labour?

My pregnancy has been good. Had an exhausting and sicky first trimester and a worry at 28 weeks when I was sent for a growth scan. But those aside I've enjoyed this pregnancy more than my first at times. Although not sure I could do this again. It's such a long time!

Do you have everything ready?

xx

Not a bad time then - at least you havent been really ill

I'm having to go in hospital instead of birthing centre which is shame but i'm used to that now - i have a tens machine for home and then see how long i go with that and then g & a and i'm hoping i can do it with just that but i'm not ruling anything else out - going with a total open mind

I'm the most unorganised person ever and even my mum is impressed as i'm totally ready - just a couple of sheets to wash and he bottles to rinse through and a test run of the steriliser and thats it - how about you?

xxx

So sorry for the late reply.

Do you mind if I ask why you are used to hospital? Tell me to bugger off if I'm being nosey!
An open mind is a good idea. I will be doing the same.
I considered a TENS machine with my first son, is it easy to use?

You're unorganised? Blimey doesn't sound that way! I still have things to buy like a cot :haha:, bottles (just incase I can't breastfeed), milk and don't even have the contents of my hospital bag yet. Should start buying that very soon. Such an exciting thought, packing the bags :D Have you packed yet?

ha ha i didnt actually mean it the way it sounded - what i meant was i have now got used to the fact i will have to go to the hospital to have him and not the birth centre.
I'm organised now - a few years ago not a chance

xxx

Oh ha ha. Oops.

So, 6 weeks and 3 days to go! How often are you having midwife appointments? Are they more regular now?

well it could be 4 weeks odd if they induce me - not really seeing her more at the moment - i had one at 31 weeks and the next one is 35 weeks

xxx

They may induce you early?

Maybe after 35 weeks they will become more frequent. I was hoping they would become more frequent and thankfully they have as I have one next week, then 36 weeks and GP at 38. I expect weekly after that but being number two may not be until 40 weeks.

How are you comfort wise? I was fine until recently. Definitely getting uncomfortable now.

xx

i think for me is cos i see the consultant as well so midwife feels she doesnt have to see me so much

He may have to be induced because of his size - at 32 weeks he was 5lb 3oz and he should have been just under 4lb - having another scan at 36 weeks and if he weighs more than 7lb i think they will at 38 or 39 weeks - we shall see

I have been fine the whole way through until about a week ago when i feel more heavy and uncomfy and i cant sit or lay in certain positions - oh and the hardness and the top of my bump which are bh's i have been told are not nice at all

xxx

Aw so you may have a a chubby boy in there then. I like chubby babies. MY son was 8lb 1.5oz, not huge but nice and robust!

Oh no Braxton Hicks aren't much fun are they! Some of mine are fine, but others are uncomfortable. I never had any with my first son so I didn't realise what they were to begin with. I was hoping that if you get lots and they are strong, labour is more likely to be on time. But no such luck. Ha ha.

Any plans for the weekend?

xx

i actually wouldnt like him to be too small - like you say robust
i would love the bh to lead to 37 week labour - but not a chance

No real plans for the weekend really - tidy the house and do some washing - how about you?

xxx

Yeah it'd be great if they did lead to that! I've been having loads these past couple of days, but knowing they aren't really doing anything just makes them even more unpleasant.

My weekend was pretty much the same as yours. But did get nursery paint on Sunday. Should probably get it started soon!
OH finally ordered the cot today! Been asking him for weeks.

Does your OH think about when baby is here? I was quite shocked when I asked mine if he ever did and he said no. And even looked at me like it was a silly question. Ha, men.

I'm now on mat leave and i have done everything so i intend on sitting here watching wimbledon everyday :haha:

Actually my oh thinks about him being here all the time - today i taught him how to use the sterlisier and he off his own steam got some rubber corner things for the corners on the little tables for when he is bigger and moving around so he doesnt hurt his head - Thats thinking wayyyy in advance i'm not even past the birth yet in my mind :haha:

xxx

So sorry for such a delay. I didn't realise you had replied.

How maternity leave so far? Many get bored after being used to being busy.

Aw that is so cute of your OH. I never even thought about showing mine how to do things like that. Probably because I'll just do it. Not sure I'd trust him to do it right :haha:

So, 20 days to go, we are full term! Woo hoo! How are you feeling? xx

omg i'm soooooooooo bored already :haha: it was great the first few weeks but now i'm 37 weeks i'm finding myself getting fed up and moaning at oh about the most stupid of things - he really is great putting up with me and just says i'm putting it down to hormones and walks away.

ha ha i know what you mean about them doing it right - my oh is pretty good with that sort of stuff so i trust him more doing that than say feeding him and changing him which i'm sure i will learn to believe he can do it just as well as i can - well one day anyway :flower:

I must admit the last few days i have really started to feel it - after a great pregnancy i now ache and my pelvis kills and its a massive effort getting up now and he is banging his head on my cervix alot which is sore - How are you?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->