Bump buddy due around 17th May?

freddie

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hey! I am 27, got married last month and got BFP last night :happydance: Looking for a buddy as this is first time and I am a little overwhelmed!! Anyone in similar position?

xxx

Congratulations. I'm due around the 16th of May and would love to have a bump buddy! This is my third and first planned pregnancy. So didn't notice the cramping or anything with my other two. Seems like a totally different experience when you are trying to have one...lol

Yay to having a bump buddy! Wow third pregnancy - Is it less overwhelming being number 3?

No not at all! It's just as nerve wrecking as the first probably more so because we have been ttc for 5 months! I'm just sooooo nervous do t want anything to go wrong!

I'm due with our first on May 15th! Would love to have buddies for the experience as I'm alternately giddy and freaking out, lol! :flower:

Hi girls

I am due on the 18th May with my 2nd. Would love to share this journey with you all. How are you all feeling? xx

Hi, Minidancer!

I know it's early days yet, but so far I really feel fantastic. Sore bbs and have been needing naps, but otherwise not too many symptoms yet. Hoping the ms takes it easy on me when it gets here, but that might be too much to wish for. :haha:

How about you? How've you been feeling?

Congrats! :happydance:

Hi ByHisGrace

Congrats to you too :happydance:

I hope you don't get bad morning sickness. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones that gets through 1st trimester feeling great :thumbup:

I have been feeling pretty rubbish today, really crampy and feeling really sick :sick: I am convinced this one is a boy, I definately didn't feel so sick so early with my little girl!! I just hope it doesn't mean I am in for bad morning sickness in a couple of weeks :nope:

Wow sorry I've not check this thread in a few days glad your all here and congratulations! I am a little bothered that I have gained 6lbs since Monday! I'm not over eating and have cut out soda and most sweets. I'm not supposed to gain more that 10lbs my whole pregnancy cuz I'm overweight. I'm watching what I eat and I'm getting plenty of water, and plenty of physical activity between work and my 2 kids at home! Anyone else already gaining?

Rachelkt - I should have said in my earlier post, but congrats on your "almost-honeymoon" baby! Very fun! Also, I'm 23, so fairly close in age?

Minidancer - Sorry you've been feeling gross. No fun! Well, other than knowing why you're feeling gross, I guess. ;) Maybe you'll get all your ms out of the way early? I felt crampish a few hours a day from shortly after ov date (guessing) to a few days after af was due. Wasn't too bad, just felt like af was coming for two weeks, lol. Hope you feel better soon!

Jaybug0115 - I gained 4-5 lbs over the weekend, but that's because we went on a trip and ate all sorts of salty rubbish, lol. It's all gone again now. So, I guess my answer is both yes and no? :) Even before finding out about Baby B I had been counting cals and keeping track of what I've been eating, so I don't expect I'll gain too much too soon. Haven't been overly hungry, just frequently hungry. Broke my meals down into six slots a day eating about that same number of cals as before and it's been working much better for me.

Question for you ladies who've done this before - When did you start showing with your firsts? I am a healthy weight (23%BMI), fairly fit and slim, but I've always had a bit of extra chub on my belly. I trained myself when I was like, 14-15-16 years old to stand up straight and keep it sucked in and I usually walk around with a softly flat belly. I'm just hoping that real baby belly doesn't show up before I get to 12 weeks and make it impossible to keep sucking it in well enough to fool the relatives until the safe point. :haha: Not that I think baby belly is bad, just I'd rather savor this lovely secret myself for a while. :) So, yeah, when did you start undeniably showing?

Thanks ByHisGrace, it was so close to being a honeymoon baby lol, only about 5 days out!!

I have also been feeling pretty good really, but sooooooo tired!! I just can't get enough sleep! Aslo, I seem to be eating ALL day long - not a good thing ha ha I know that whole "eating for two" isn't real!! (I wish it was!)

I'd be interested to know when people who have been pregnant before started showing too... I swear my belly already looks rounder!! I'm sure it's all in my head but still...

Hi Girls

How are you all today?

Rachelkt keep stuffing your face coz maybe in a couple of weeks ms will kick in and you won't be able to eat, make the most of it while you can :haha:

Jaybug0115 yes I am with you on that one, I have put on about 5lb since Monday and I have no idea how, I haven't been eating anymore than usual, I am blaming it on water retention!!

I think I started showing at about 10 weeks, and had to buy maternity work trousers by 12 weeks so it can be early. I hated that part though because I just looked like I had been eating too many pies, rather than pregnant :cry:

Rachelkt - I should have said in my earlier post, but congrats on your "almost-honeymoon" baby! Very fun! Also, I'm 23, so fairly close in age?

Minidancer - Sorry you've been feeling gross. No fun! Well, other than knowing why you're feeling gross, I guess. ;) Maybe you'll get all your ms out of the way early? I felt crampish a few hours a day from shortly after ov date (guessing) to a few days after af was due. Wasn't too bad, just felt like af was coming for two weeks, lol. Hope you feel better soon!

Jaybug0115 - I gained 4-5 lbs over the weekend, but that's because we went on a trip and ate all sorts of salty rubbish, lol. It's all gone again now. So, I guess my answer is both yes and no? :) Even before finding out about Baby B I had been counting cals and keeping track of what I've been eating, so I don't expect I'll gain too much too soon. Haven't been overly hungry, just frequently hungry. Broke my meals down into six slots a day eating about that same number of cals as before and it's been working much better for me.

Question for you ladies who've done this before - When did you start showing with your firsts? I am a healthy weight (23%BMI), fairly fit and slim, but I've always had a bit of extra chub on my belly. I trained myself when I was like, 14-15-16 years old to stand up straight and keep it sucked in and I usually walk around with a softly flat belly. I'm just hoping that real baby belly doesn't show up before I get to 12 weeks and make it impossible to keep sucking it in well enough to fool the relatives until the safe point. :haha: Not that I think baby belly is bad, just I'd rather savor this lovely secret myself for a while. :) So, yeah, when did you start undeniably showing?

I started showing with my first around 7 months. I was of a healthy weight back then....and same with my second....but I was showing at 2 months with her.....I looked like I was 6 months!!!! So now with number three....i'm only 5 weeks and 2 days and I can't where any of my jeans! Its crazy!

Hi Girls

How are you all today?

Rachelkt keep stuffing your face coz maybe in a couple of weeks ms will kick in and you won't be able to eat, make the most of it while you can :haha:

Jaybug0115 yes I am with you on that one, I have put on about 5lb since Monday and I have no idea how, I haven't been eating anymore than usual, I am blaming it on water retention!!

I think I started showing at about 10 weeks, and had to buy maternity work trousers by 12 weeks so it can be early. I hated that part though because I just looked like I had been eating too many pies, rather than pregnant :cry:

I'm hoping it is water retention and will see when I weigh myself today. And I am going to be buying maternity pants this weeks as it is getting colder and the only pants I have that fit right now are my capris!

yeppy no morning sickness yet! I didn't have it with my 2nd DD, but had it for 3 full months with my 1st DD. I get a little wave of it here and there but nothing I can't handle.....but then again...me typing this could be a jinks! :-0

Jaybug think I will need to go shopping soon too, don't think my jeans are going to fit for too much longer!! Think I will just live in dresses and leggings :thumbup: Glad you don't have ms and hope you don't get it this time. I am feeling much better now thank goodness but i'm sure it will be back with avengence soon enough

You never know every pregnancy is different! There is hardly anything to reference as similar with my pregnancies expect the wonderful groin nerve pain that gets worse as I get bigger! It starts out as a burning feeling then if I don't sit down soon enough it turns into agonizing pain like someone is shoving a hotpoker into my groin and the sensation runs right down my right leg!

Jaybug I can sympathise with you on that one. I suffered sciatica before my last pregnancy and then when I was pregnant it was horrendous. I would be crying in pain and hardly able to move, it was awful :cry: I haven't been bothered with it since having my LO so I am hoping that my ligaments and bones have resettled into a position that isn't pressing on my nerve. Did you use anything or find anything that helped you?

Jaybug I can sympathise with you on that one. I suffered sciatica before my last pregnancy and then when I was pregnant it was horrendous. I would be crying in pain and hardly able to move, it was awful :cry: I haven't been bothered with it since having my LO so I am hoping that my ligaments and bones have resettled into a position that isn't pressing on my nerve. Did you use anything or find anything that helped you?

The only thing that ever relieved the pain was sitting down. My insurance would cover any kind of physical therapy so I was taking out of work at 4 months! I have a different job now and much better insurance so hoping that I can stay working up till I deliver. Ugh not feeling so great today tired and I think I'm getting a bit of a head cold! And I have to work what a bummer. Haven't been sleeping well as I have to go to the bathroom 4 or 5'times a night! How is everyone else making out?

Hello ladies,

Pretty much the same symptoms here for me. I think the bbs are getting less sore now, which is super nice, though I'm going to have to go bra shopping sometime here as the only one that fit nicely anymore are my sports bras. :-s
Still feeling nappish. Woke up three hours ago and I'm already yawning my head off. :sleep: If I manage to stay up till midnight it's pretty much a miracle, lol.
Ate a huge omelet two hours ago and am already hungry again. :pizza:
Only new thing is that I woke up yesterday morning and had the faintest curl of queasiness, which really worried me as I had a ton of stuff to do, but it went away pretty quickly. I was also up that night twice for the bathroom, but that's not really that much, is it? :blush:

My sister and her husband announced about five weeks ago that they were 12 weeks along with their first. Additionally, my aunt and uncle are about 4 weeks farther along than my sister with their 4th(a boy after three girls!), so I've been having lots of fun "spying" on the process with them. It's such a lovely secret to have!

I hope you're all doing and feeling reasonably well! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->