Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

K's not got anyone special, when I googled it for his baby book the best I found was Brian May :lol:

I know who Harry's was so I won't guess!

Lydia, good luck with the prep work! Hope you all have a lovely time.

Claire, dh's job sounds so much better. You must both be so relieved.

So Moggy, drinks on you?

I've finally trying to upload some piccies but photobucket keeps crashing ... grr

ok so our BF&D famous birthday anniversaries.....

Kia shares his birthday with the day the Mary Rose sank (1545)
Dylan shares his birthday with the day the English defeated the Spanish Armada (1588)
Jack shares his with the day the Sistine Chapel opened (1483)
Peyton shares her day with the date the International Red Cross was formed (1864)
Seb and Sophie share their day with the day Vesuvius erupted (79) and the printing of the Gutenburg Bible was completed (1456)
Ana's birthday was 90 years after Womens Suffrage was finally granted (1920)
Harry shares his day with Columbus setting sale for the West (1492)and the crowning of Mary Queen of Scots (1543)
Last but not least Jemima shares hers with Prince Henry (1984- ) my lil bro (1981- ) and Marco Polo (1254-1324)

Moggy- how cool is that hun:thumbup: just realised i missed ur post...great news on the lotto win :haha:

Xx

Yas he shares a birthday with Degas (impressionist painter) Brian May (Queen guitarist) Kathleen Turner (actress), Anthony Edwards (actor), Campbell Scott (actor) and Evelyn Glennie (profoundly deaf yet brilliant percussionist):thumbup:

S shares his birthday with Stephen Fry. :)

Claire, you need to update your signature. ;) I have only done mine earlier.

I felt quite sad when I updated my ticker! :blush:

K had an awful day today- i'm still reeling from it. My absolute worst trait is my temper, it's caused me endless problems in my life, and it was only yearrrrs of anger management that has helped me control it. Seeing it reflected back at me in K breaks my heart :cry: he's so angry and frustrated and rageful all the time :cry:

Yas, I feel like this is how Peyton is all the time and I'm not sure ehat to do about it?? :sad1: I lack patience... So I sometimes yell a her even if I know I shouldn't. How do you cope with this?

Yas, I also felt a bit sad when updating my ticker. :blush:

Yas and Brig. :hugs: Yas, I am not sure what to suggest, but I am sure now that now that you have got it under control for yourself, you will also be able to pass it on and change things for K. It will probably just take some time as our LO's are still very young and from an article I read the other day still do not properly understand discipline and consequences, nevermind anger or frustration.

Thanks Pip. I know, logically that his frustration is normal (albeit early!) but it's hard to stay logical when faced with something so upsetting.

Brig, I don't tend to yell because it just has no effect on K :lol: but I grew up in house full of shouting so am determined not to do that to him. But I have a really sharp, really firm, really cross voice- it stops him in his tracks usually but often makes him cry :blush: I have to resist the urge to comfort him cos I only use that voice if he's doing something dangerous.

I don't have any advice- I have walked out of the room and left him to scream twice now and gone upstairs to have a few minutes to breathe- bad mummy for sure :blush: it's just an endless battle of wills between us, I try to be patient but he is such hard work. He bites and scratches and kicks and hits if he gets a no. He ignores me again and again! He still screams incessantly, if I go into the kitchen he'll stand at the baby gate and scream till I think my ears will pop. Getting him in and out of the high chair and buggy is a battle I HATE because he arches his back and kicks and screams! Hard work this kid. I try to just stay calm and as many distraction methods as I can think up. :-(

You have my empathy! We can get through this together xx

Yas hun :hugs: you just described P :sad1: she arches her back and screams when I try to change her diaper, wipe her mouth when she"s done eating, put her in the carseat. The separation anxiety has gotten a bit better... But she still scratches, hits and tries to bite when she gets a no or is removed from a situation.

Like I said I know I shouldn't yell at her... Like Pip said she doesn't even totally understand yet. Plus the yelling does nothing with her either. Sometimes shejust laughs at me. Ugh! I'm making her sound horrible and she really isn't... But lately we have more challenging days than easy ones.

Oh I don't think she's horrible and Ks not either! In fact he is pretty wonderful and smart and funny. Just reallllly hard work. I think I find it tough sometimes cos its just me and him Sat to Thurs eve, and I find it harder by around Wed... I guess my patience runs low, and K gets pretty bored of being at home with me I think :(

Happy Birthday Jemima and Happy Mummiversary Lydia :cake:

Have a wonderful day :hugs:

Ooh happy birthday indeed J! Our bumps n flushes babies are all grown up!!

Have you found any groups etc you could go to with K in your new area Yas? Maybe having something to break up the routine might help....maybe he needs some different company to offer him a different perspective/challenge and alternative toys/games....it definitely helps having Mogster to play with Jack and vice versa as it means there are more play combinations....

You do a fab job, I know how hard it is here when hubby is away - seems like every week at the moment - and the boys play up and Im tired....being a mummy is rewarding but they always gloss over the knackeredness that comes with it! :hugs:

Happy 1st Birthday, J! Have a wonderful day with mummy and daddy! :cake:

We don't go anywhere! There's groups on every day here but they are either sign up for a whole term ones (no point since he starts nursery in 2 weeks), or all the ones at the sure start centre are on at 10 or 11, and he sleeps 10-1ish every day :dohh:

Nursery will be good for him. I hope.

Yas/brig-:hugs::hugs: i sympathise with you as i know where ur coming from. Ive never really had the carseat, pram battles but Jac has had monster tantrums recently...to the point where we cone home if were out as they were too much. He seems to have settled after starting preschool so hopefully through the worst.
I also have little patience and end up shouting...then think why did i!!! Trying to do alterbative solutions but can be hard as most of the time nothing works if they want their own way....so push u to limits. I think its natural to doubt yourself and think 'im a crap mummy' , i do it all tge time. But then i think...no...were doing ok...cant be perfect all the time. Chin up..get on with it...and have sone fun:thumbup:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->