Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

Yep pics later! Brig I was sooo pleased, the photo album was such a lovely touch, xxx sad to say that the choccie didn't survive the journey though!

To be honest I will DEFINITELY be taking the c-section next time! I really don't want to every go through that again!

Claire, was it you or Moggy that had an elective c section? Just wondered how you coped with your toddler?

Yas, was it still bad after your epidural?

Yes! It was awful. I really, really hated my labour and while K's arrival was the best moment of my life, I can't say his birth day was a good one for me :(

My birth story is here and I toned it down and left out a few gruesome bits, cos at the time of writing none of you had had your babies yet, and I didn't want to put anyone off or scare any of you!!!! :blush:

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/377172-ks-arrived.html

The epi stopped working on one side and it was agony- I was also strapped to the bed on my back which is the least recommended position for back-to-back labour, but I had no choice because of my heart monitors. I wasn't allowed to move. I had fought for the right to have a natural birth and that was one of the conditions.

Wow Yas that sounds terrible. Mine was pretty quick in comparison and the epi only wore off whilst I was pushing. Also I didn't have to deliver my placenta do to the c section. I was also not allowed off my back which I'm gutted about as asked to go on all fours but was told it wasn't possible. Since then I found out that several of my NCT friends who had epis were allowed to move. Grr.

It's really frustrating, because I can't help wondering what if... what would it have been like if I could have done x y or z?

My secret santa arrived this morning!!! Excited! And I know who mine is from too!!

No Added Sugar sale is on - still extortionately expensive, but 50% off quite a lot, so Jemima has been treated to a playsuit and the skirt which matches the cardigan that we won from them. (website isn't working correctly though, so if you want to look, use the search option and just search 'top' or 'trouser' etc to find things).

How do you know who it is from?

Off to have a look at that website in a minute...how did you win the cardigan? Did I miss something?

:?:
:dohh:
Sorry hun, I missed this! I think its because the box had no tag on it.... But then again, maybe someone else didn't put a tag on ?! I'm so excited to open it!

Won the cardigan on one of their facebook comps, just did an anagram and won! We need to get you on fb Pip!!

Agreed that we need Pip on fb!!! You're the last one now!!! :hugs:

Pics of our loot.... sadly, the chocolate snowman didn't survive the international journey :rofl:

https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3879/dscf80022.jpg

We got two books, some cute leather slippers, and a photo album half full of photos of K that had been photoshopped to look super posh and clever! Brig, you outdone yourself, thanks soooo much :hugs:

The nom of approval:

https://img812.imageshack.us/img812/3302/dscf8003.jpg

Wowee! The present I've sent i so boring in comparison - sorry! Love the cute shoes!

Oh - ladies and babies with jumperoos - do I need batteries/screwdrivers etc to get it working on christmas day? I want to be able to put J in it straight away. I wrapped it without looking and really don't want to have to unwrap it and do it again!!

It needs 3 AAs and ours didn't come with them x and I bet your pressie is lovely! x

Awwwwwe!!! So happy that you enjoyed your gift! And before Christmas!!!
And it's made my day to see Kia chomping away on the book!!:cloud9:

xo

Oh! and too bad Frosty didn't make the international trip!:blush::haha:

Morning ladies,

Does the FP Infant-to-Toddler rocker have any music or is it just vibrations? :shrug:

ours is the elephant friends one and it has a musical toy but no music tune that you can switch on and play - we use the one from our old rocker but he has kind of grown out of the music to sleep thing now

Claire was the section with a toddler. My two were quick labours fortunately :) and dealing with toddler after either would be similar in terms of they want mummys attention and much as you want family help you also want to be your own little family

can we open our pressie then? know who my SS is - cmon SS say yes! :winkwink:

I couldn't resist opening mine, it seemed daft not to since it said on the front who it was from and what was in it (bloody customs!) :rofl:

Pip mine is the fisher price one, it's £49.99 at toys r us at the moment that's where G got ours, it doesn't play music but it does vibrate. I didn't want musical cos I wanted something that was a bit calmer than the jumperoo where he could just sit and chill out.

If I wrap him up in a blanket, snuggle a muslin next to his face, lay the back down a bit, pop a dummy in and switch on the vibration, he falls asleep! win win win! Otherwise it lives in our kitchen and he sits in it and plays with toys while I cook etc.

Also, we bought Kia's christmas day outfit today and I felt a bit sad putting him in it!! It's a shirt, tie and waistcoat, as well as jeans and Uggs and oooh he looks so rough n ready like a teenager :rofl: gorgeous but growing up so fast. 5 months old today!

And we bought a highchair and BLW has begun! Extremely slowly though. He's had a chunk of bread to play with, one Plum biscuit and 2 green beans so far. Heheh. No rush to get started properly for a while yet, i'm just offering him more milk than usual and he's guzzling it down, so unlike him, he usually doesn't empty bottles and turns his mouth away if offered extra but now he's guzzling 2 or 3 1/2 bottles extra a day the past week.

Jetters, 5 months already. Wow, how time flies. Piccies please of the wee man in his outfit. And you are already starting with the BLW. How exciting! I have started on the book, do you need it back in a rush?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->