Bump, Flushes, Dimples and Beyond [closed]

does he like it if you swing him in his carseat? Might give you and idea....?

No SS here as yet but we didn't get any post today.

Well I've just got home from the journey from hell due to snow here! It took almost 2 hours to get back from the hospital I had Harry at and it involved going down a massive hill horizontally!! Very scary. Basically I tried to turn back but as I pulled the nose of my car in the back flipped out and started going down the hill so I had to pull the nose out again quickly so I could at least get the car pointing in the right direction!

The de-briefing went well though. They answered a lot of questions I had. It seems Harry was back to back amongst other things. I also apparently had a very quick labour which I didn't realise. They decided on a C section as despite pushing for 2 hours there was no sign of Harry and his heart rate started to dip.

x

Ann, that must have been really scary for you. Well done though for keeping your calm. :thumbup:

What was the de-briefing all about?

It was, especially as I had Harry in the back. My MW suggested the de-briefing as a way to kind of get closure. I felt I was a real wuss as didn't cope very well and went straight for an epidural. There were various other things as well but mainly I just wanted to know why I ended up with a c section.

F&C, I understand. And do you feel that you got the answers you were hoping for to get some closure? Is this also to help for any future birth you might have?

Completely. I was so put off having another one but the MW at the de-briefing told me I was just unlucky with Harry's positioning and that I actually laboured very well. I feel happier knowing I was just unlucky. x

Completely. I was so put off having another one but the MW at the de-briefing told me I was just unlucky with Harry's positioning and that I actually laboured very well. I feel happier knowing I was just unlucky. x

That is good to know for you. So is there a little baby brother or sister on the cards for Harry any time soon?

LOL! Not just yet but there probably will be in a few years. How about you?

Pip-hia :hi: :hi:

Ann-glad you had closure hun:hugs:

:hi: everyone else

We have had major snow here since early friday...was fun for an hour or so but pissed off now:growlmad: pretty much stuck on the house except to pop out for essentials...like wine:blush:...it is the weekend after all:haha:

Ana pretty much ok after Jabs...a bit grumier and needier uesterday but thats all up to now...oh and and extra dirty nappy...

Xx

Xx

:hi: Claire.

Same here with the snow. Completely snowed in. Makes it pretty much impossible to go out. Waterbabies tonight has thankfully been cancelled, so at least we won't lose the money as we wouldn't have made it there.

F&C, we are really not sure yet. It would be lovely to have a little companion for S, but it would be equally nice to give him all of our attention.

Pip- glad u didnt lose money on waterbabies hun:thumbup: i sometimes felt guilty for not being able to give Jac my full attention when Ana was born... But as time goes by and i see Jac interact with her more and Ana watching his every move:cloud9:..im so glad we did it this way and a few months time when Ana can situp and they can play together itll be all worthwhile:cloud9:

Am also hoping since theyre so close in age theyll be best mates.

Xx

my two are 3 years apart and they play so well already, Jack can sit in his bumbo and play and he is moving around on the floor so they play that way. As Mogster is in nursery class in the morning it means he gets my full attention at lunchtime when he gets home and Jack has his long nap, after lunch when Jack wakes up he has a feed while we read together then after that we all play together then go out for walk or ducks etc. Works very well, Im in awe of Claire with two closer in age as I find it hard and Mogster doesnt need nappy changing and can talk very well compared to a year earlier. If we hadnt had MC we would have had 2 year gap, either would have been lovely though. Wonder who will be first to have the next baby...? Know it wont be me as OH has been snipped!

Ann - we love it, it is AMAZING! Now praying that you make it to the PO to collect your parcel and deliver the keyrings etc. If you cant get out though dont worry have told OH he will have to print it out and stick the picture on his keys for now :haha: Thank you :friends:

Pip - dont know if you saw but Bellasmamma had her little girl this morning at about 4am - she texted first thing. Alessia Ava Scala and a good 8lb 11oz, she was 10cm when they made it to the hospital :shock: baby born 45 minutes later :yipee:

LOL! You will get them in time as if we are still snowed in come Monday I can walk it. It's all ready now, I just hope you like it as much in the flesh so to speak! x

sure we will! Thank you.

Pip - saw the 3in1 swing in the flesh in Kiddicare today - its big :shock: bigger than a jumperoo in terms of floor space :shock: Looked funky though, I could spend a fortune in there! Just a highchair for Jack this time as the ikea one isnt going to work when he is sitting for longer periods I dont think - well not for a good couple of months anyway.

He is sitting in it now sticking his tongue out at me - raspberries, farts and tongue out seem to be my lot today and gorgeous smiles of course :cloud9: Love my boys

Ann, so pleased you got some answers. I hope it can help with closure :hugs:

I have to say I was really disappointed with how I coped- or didn't, as the case may be- with my labour but when I had my debriefing appointment it really helped me understand and accept it. It all came down to the fact that Kia went into my birth canal SUPER quickly- within the first two hours of my waters breaking!!!- but wasn't born for another 19 hours as he was back to back and they gave me an epidural because of my heart condition.

F&C, great that they don't charge you for this lesson, our centre was closed due to snow a few weeks ago so I couldn't have gone if i'd wanted to and they don't give us an extra lesson and do charge us! Tut.

I got my not-so-secret santa today, since who it was from was written right on the envelope :haha::haha::haha: who wants to know what we got?? We are soooooooooooo pleased with our pressies, thank you Santa!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I got my not-so-secret santa today, since who it was from was written right on the envelope :haha::haha::haha: who wants to know what we got?? We are soooooooooooo pleased with our pressies, thank you Santa!!
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Awwwwe!!!!:happydance: I know it wasn't very secret...the lady made me write my full name address etc...:shrug:
So you're happy with everything!?? Wasn't sure if you had a brag book...but I thought I'd edit some photos and start one for you:winkwink: And sorry, I looked for cows and monkeys...but only found giraffes! :haha:

xo

Oooh - I want to see!!

Ann - I think I'm going to have a debriefing too. DH is worried because he knows I'm cross about a few things and thinks that it will frustrate me more. But like you guys, I was really disappointed with how I coped and it has made me think I'll just opt for another c-section if given the choice... Maybe the debriefing would convince me otherwise?

Forgot to say Lia, the Dilly bang-bang cracked me up! theme tune to accidents, only a man could come up with that! DH just seems to be singing football chants to J!

My secret santa arrived this morning!!! Excited! And I know who mine is from too!!

No Added Sugar sale is on - still extortionately expensive, but 50% off quite a lot, so Jemima has been treated to a playsuit and the skirt which matches the cardigan that we won from them. (website isn't working correctly though, so if you want to look, use the search option and just search 'top' or 'trouser' etc to find things).

How do you know who it is from?

Off to have a look at that website in a minute...how did you win the cardigan? Did I miss something?

:?:

Lydia, it really helped me. I, like you, thought if I do have another it would probably have to be by elective C section for the same reason but I think I might now consider trying naturally. She told me I laboured well - I had strong, frequent contractions and that Harry was back to back which was making me try to push too early. After not that many hours I was fully dilated but Harry didn't tuck his chin under so got stuck. I didn't know but I had a fever during labour. Also my epidural wasn't topped up so I started feeling it all again. The other thing I didn't know was that Harry's heartbeat started causing concern which is why I ended up having the C section.

It's answered so many questions and I feel so much happier with my labour. xx

Any pics Yas?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"