Bump hiding

Mya209

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm only newly pregnant but this is my 2nd.
I'm a size 16ish (uk) and 5ft11 so I'm not petite and my tummy is flab city since my first! I've already noticed that I've got bloat and my tummy is sticking out even in dresses that normally cover nicely.

Was just thinking is there anyone struggling with hiding the bump until the 12 week mark as I'm thinking I may have issues with this. It's important that I can dress for work without anyone noticing for as long as possible!

Anyone else going though this?

This is also my second, and though I haven't started showing yet, I am already feeling my clothes getting a bit snug at 5 weeks so I have also been trying to think of ways to hide until I am ready to make the big announcement. I have no really good ideas other than avoiding people lol, but I have started buying maternity clothes already. Time will tell.

Wishing you a safe and healthy pregnancy.

I bought a lot of tops with empire waist lines and puffy fabric with my first. Loose fitting cardigans were good too. I showed really early... and was wearing maternity pants at 12 weeks!

Thanks for your responses. My jeans were tight before I got pregnant so I've bought some under bump jeans just for the elastic waist. Luckily I sit at a desk all day so probably can hide for longer. It's a bit awkward in summer, though as there's less opportunity to wear baggy jumpers etc. also as I'm quite tall, baggy stuff makes me look even bigger!

People guessed I was pregnant at 5 weeks. I'm only a UK Size6 and normally have a flat stomach. I've not been able to fit in any of my clothes for the past 2 weeks and have an obvious bloat/bump.

This is my second child.

Oh no! I really don't want people to guess until I know everything is ok!! Did you mind?
I'm definitely not a size 6 :)

No I didn't mind in the slightest. No hiding my bump.
I have to wear baggy clothes and.jogging pants when my son's dad comes to pick him up as I've not told him yet and don't want to tell him yet as we are still going through a divorce and he's being pretty civil and I can see it turning bitter when he knows I'm pregnant. Took him a year to get his head round me and.my partner being together

I'm 5'9" and a US size 12. I do not have a petite frame, at all! Never have, never will. (You'd think I'd show LESS if anything, but no!) This is my first but I'm 35 on Sunday. So things have shifted with age somewhat (chubbier around my middle than when I was younger). I woke up yesterday with a pooch! No lie. I woke up and there it was! I'm not far in at all. Just over 8 weeks by lmp. I showed dh my pooch... Judging the "wtf"look on his face, I knew I wasn't just imagining things. Lol

Tunic tops, or peasant tops with an empire waist or loose with a drawstring bottom are early bump friendly. A long colorful scarf with a tank or t could work too. Anything kind of flowy on top with a snug/fitted bottom (so as not to seem frumpy) should help. Also, if you wear a heel (even a small one)- it will lift your chest and pop the booty, helping the clothes to hang in a more tummy flattering way. Other than that- foundation wear can help scooch things in.

Hope that helps!!! I feel your pain. My family/friends know, but am hiding it from clients until wk12+.

*edit- accessorize with eye grabbing necklaces or earrings to accentuate bust, neck, and face. New color of eye shadow, may also help to steer attention up and away from the bump.

Caution- don't to all of the above at the same time! LOL

Hiya, I am ten or eleven weeks pregnant with my second (hard to tell as LMP was so long ago they couldn't use it to date the pregnancy) but the bump is already looking quite obvious. I am mostly wearing 'flowing' sort of dresses and a cardigan to hide it, but it's a bit warm in our office so I won't be able to keep wearing a cardigan if it gets any hotter! I've had to stop wearing trousers as the normal ones won't do up - don't want to wear maternity ones though as not had a scan yet so not even sure if there is anything viable in there!

Good luck with hiding the bump :) I've got another two weeks before my scan so hiding until then!

Aww wear maternity trousers if it makes you more comfortable. I've just got some under bump jeans just in case!
If your bump is growing nicely its got to be a good sign? Good luck with the scan in a few weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->