Bump size

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Mrs Dot, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Mrs Dot

Mrs Dot Mummy to Harry

I went to antenatal tonight and another girl there is 3 weeks behind me and her bump is massive compared to mine! Now mine isn't exactly small and when they've measured me it's been on or above the line on the graph for the estimated growth from my first scan.

A few people have commented that my bump is really 'neat' and tidy, which has surprised me as A) i feel like the size of a house and B) i wasn't exactly small when I conceived (size 16-18)!

Looking at people's bump pics on here too I seem relatively small! I suppose I should be grateful as it means labour might be a tad easier! (Yeah right!)

just feels wierd as it has grown loads over the last 2 weeks too!

2. ChuggaBump

ChuggaBump Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much - everyone in my antenatal class was different sizes to begin with, and all grew at different rates and are now different sizes still, but some who started smallest are now biggest and vice versa... all our babies grow at different rates and move positions etc. If your mw is worried she'll send you for a growth scan!

3. sweetlullaby

sweetlullaby Well-Known Member

I wouldnt worry about it as said above everyone is different and some people grow quicker than others etc! My bump only really has appeared properly in the last two weeks or so!! And im due tomorrow! Constantly got jokes of are you sure you're actually pregnant etc and on monday morning the woman at citizens advice wrote down that i was due in JUNE 2010!!!! And i had to correct her and say "no this thursday" :haha: was kind of funny though :haha:

4. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

i know of a girl who had almost no bump and had a baby nearly 9pounds.. so it doesnt bear much on the size of the baby really. will be less fluid thats all, i have too much fluid, everyone carries differently.

5. lozzy21

lozzy21 Mummy to Niamh

I have a theory that has worked so far.

The smaller your torso, the bigger your bump. If you have a small torso baby has no where but out to go, where as if you have a long torso baby can go up aswell as out.

6. purpledahlia

purpledahlia Mummy

yeh torso def counts! im really short, short body, too much fluid and huge bump!

7. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

it's weird isn't it, i had the same in my antenatal.
    there was a lady due in february and she was MASSIVE compared to me who is due in january!! crazyness.

xxx

8. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

I was size 16 pre pregnancy, my bump been pretty neat for 2nd baby, think hit 36wks, it got hugeeee and went really saggy, but thats from first pregnancy. I was 10-12 pre pregnancy first time had a massive bump had a 8lb 10oz baby :)

9. Christine33

Christine33 Well-Known Member

i don't think bump size really relates to size of baby tbh. my bump with Ali was big, and he was teeny, only 5ibs 3ozs. i think it has to to with torso size also. i am really tiny, only 5ft 2in tall with small bone structure too. i have a big bump this time round too, but i don't think i am having a big baby or anything - hope for one bigger than 5ibs this time round though lol!

10. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

That's it..Im starting a new thread to find out how tall everyone is and what they think their bumps look like, big or small

11. EmmaDueInFeb

EmmaDueInFeb Well-Known Member

I'm 5ft 9, and with both my babies my bump has been huge, apparently my mum was the same size at full term as I am now (29 weeks) think my babies like to be very comfy in fluid as 1st was only 7lb 15oz......plus there's a few jaffa cakes in there too xx

12. N474lie

N474lie Well-Known Member

My bump is massive, my belly is measuring 8 weeks bigger but Ive already had a scan to see if its exces fluid or diabetes but nothing, I have another scan on the 32 week to see if hses grown any bigger.

I`m due feb but the midwife have told if it comes back shes grown alot more they be inducing me in the January!!