Buying a house when SURPRISE! Baby #3

lastar

Reaction score
Life is crazy right now. We'd been looking to get out of our rental home and into a house with some land (a few acres) for 6 months. We were getting really frustrated because nothing was coming up. Then we got in a head-on collision (driver crossed the center line because she was eating toast) and totaled one of our cars. Fortunately, we all walked away with only temporary injuries.

Having had a scary car accident made us both open to having a 3rd baby and we dropped the NFP rules once.

Meanwhile, we found a house we liked with 2 acres and thought, "well it's smaller than we would like but we can do it."

Then surprise! (Or not, depending on how you look at it) Baby #3 on the way.

So now we are moving into a 1000 SQ ft home with 2 kids (4 and 2) and another on the way. Did I mention that my husband works from home and one of the 3 bedrooms is a dedicated home office?

Whoa. I know there are people who do it, so I guess I'm just going o have to make it work.

Wow glad you found a house though!

DH and also use NFP, when we were in the process of SELLING our house, moving in with the in-laws, and building a new house (which is nowhere near completion) we had ONE "throw out the rules" night. I mean, my logic - any given cycle, a healthy couple has about a 20-25% chance of conceiving, right? Well we went ahead and went for it, not thinking....but SURPRISE baby number 3!

Told my husband after we signed the papers and closed on our house. Woo.

Yeah for NFP Oops babies! I mean, it was definitely a choice on our part to throw the rules out the window but we didn't think 1 month was a big deal either. We've used it to successfully avoid for over a year. What kind of NFP do you use? We use symptothermal.

Yeah, I am glad we have a house. Even in our slightly larger rental, a 3rd baby would be stressful. Honestly, probably more stressful because I absolutely hate renting.

It's cool that you're building. Will it be your dream house?

We technically could have backed out when we found out about #3 on the way but it seemed absurd to have gotten so close and backing out because of space. This is about as close to my tiny house dreams that I'll ever get (unless I'm a single old widow somewhere down the line) but the size stresses hubby out.

Yeah for NFP Oops babies! I mean, it was definitely a choice on our part to throw the rules out the window but we didn't think 1 month was a big deal either. We've used it to successfully avoid for over a year. What kind of NFP do you use? We use symptothermal.

Yeah, I am glad we have a house. Even in our slightly larger rental, a 3rd baby would be stressful. Honestly, probably more stressful because I absolutely hate renting.

It's cool that you're building. Will it be your dream house?

We technically could have backed out when we found out about #3 on the way but it seemed absurd to have gotten so close and backing out because of space. This is about as close to my tiny house dreams that I'll ever get (unless I'm a single old widow somewhere down the line) but the size stresses hubby out.

Billings. We have used it successfully during post partum time with both kids and to conceive DD in between.

That is the thing about NFP, is it really an "oops"? I mean, we knew full and well what we were doing. FULL and well. DH's exact words were "well, if we have a baby, we have a baby" when you use NFP, you know what you are capable of at that time. So words like "oops", "surprise", "unplanned"...well we knew what we were doing, so, is it really a surprise? Can we really even say unexpected? That's the thing about being responsible for your fertility, you are responsible for what happens, ya know?

Funny thing, I've always had tiny house dreams as well, I've loved the concept of tiny houses, but a family of 5? Nope.

Yes, we are building our dream "small" house. It's about 1100 sq ft I think, 3b/1ba. It's about as tiny house as we are going to get too. When I say "we" are building it, I mean DH and his dad are building it on the weekends, so it's a long process. We started last October (had our rule free day in November, November 11th) and we are close to getting it completely dried in, that is where we are at. So no hopes of getting it done before baby #3 comes, like within the next week!

I also have a 4 and 2 year old, a boy and girl. They are pretty much driving me crazy at this point in my pregnancy!

Yep, hardly a surprise - more of a "well, I thought with the odds..." Haha. We are happy, of course.

Congrats on your growing family. I'm always irritable at the end of pregnancy but I'm sure a 2 and 4 year old make that even harder

Congrats on the house and the baby! My DH actually sprung it on me a few days ago that he wants to start looking for our own home and stop renting! Thankfully Im used to moving (Military) so its not a huge deal to me! Plus he will have to do all the heavy lifting and such. LOL! Just hoping we can find something nice.

Congrats!

We also are in the middle of house buying, it's so stressful but so so exciting!! Make sure you are the 'supervisor' of the packing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->