Buying for baby

Lynsay

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
Hello Ladies (and Gents!)

:flower:

I'm just looking for some advice really...I'll be 21 weeks pregnant on Thursday, and I've already bought a few bits and pieces I've found in sales online, but I'm just wondering if I'm leaving it too late, or starting waaaaay to early?

So far we have...

1. Steriliser - (was only £25 reduced from £65)
2. 2 x Baby bottle sets (were a bargin at just £7.50 each) - each set has 3 bottles with 4 different size teats.
3. a baby stair gate (£15)
4. A johnsons baby bath set (the large one in big purple box - £15)
5. Box of 9 packs of sensitive baby wipes - £7!
6. 2 x Bottle carriers (they keep bottles warm or cool - £5)
7. A lovely wooden sign which says "Daddies little girl"
8. A patchwork quilt (cotbed size) in pinks, with lovely patterns and pictures on - was quite expensive, but will be something to hand down to future generations!)

My Great Grandma has put together a stunning basket of stuff for baby, she's knitted two blankets, one in a pale lemon, and the other is in a fine wool, and it's in a pale pink/white checked pattern (for her pushchair/buggy). and also a few packs of sleeper suits, vests, socks, scratch mits and hats etc all in white.

Were going to buy a teddy for her coming home present next week after the anomaly scan, and then plan on buying the cotbed and furniture in about 6 weeks time.

Where is everyone else with buying things? and what have you got so far?

xx

It's never too early to start buying. The earlier you buy the better it is on the budget :) I haven't bought much except some clothes but I will be in the next couple weeks buying everything for the nursery :)

You dont have too much but you have made a good start.

Im only 15 weeks and so far I have bought a little Thumper top and a pair of scratch mitts.

BUT I do have a lot of stuff left over from my little girl like moses basket, changing station, pram/carseat, steriliser, cot, etc

Will start buying properly after my 20 weeks scan and I know everything is ok and what we are having.

I've got:

Moses Basket with Stand
Steriliser set with bottles & everything
2 x Dr Brown bottles for colic
Changing Unit to keep in nursery / bathroom
Changing Mat for downstairs
3 x Sleep bag / gro bag things
Electric Breast Pump
Fleece Blanket

Think that's it can't remember

Chosen Pram, buying nappies / wet wipes etc near enough every week.

My Gran has bought me some sleepsuits, vests, scratch mittens, bibs, blankets etc

It'd be easier for me to list what we still need to get rather than what we haven't got now. Start buying whenever you feel comfortable. I have an insane need for order and organisation so we started serious buying after we had our 20 week scan (at 19 weeks).

The only expensive item we have left to get is the baby monitor. We have all her clothes already...finished up today in the Mothercare sale.

you sounds like your doing well so far!! im 19 weeks on wednesday and have so far

cotbed and chest of draws
moses basket and stand and bedding
5 muslin cloths
5 pairs scratch mitts
2 0-3 sleep suits
20 x 0-3 vests
7 packets of wet wipes
tommee tippee steriliser
tommee tippee healthcare kit
tommee tippee bottles
one box of newborn nappies
2 baby towels
changing mat
cot bumper

ive got quite a bit but wer having to spread the cost!and some bits my mum has brought and given us already

I've hardly bought anything so far, which surprises me! I always thought I'd be rushing around the shops grabbing anything I can find. Unfortunately space is really an issue for us here. We're in a one-bed flat and we're cramped in enough as it is. Anything big like a cot is going to have to wait until much later. Maybe once we find out the gender in a couple weeks I'll do some more shopping! :) So far I have: 1 Bumgenius pocket nappy, 10 muslin cloths, and a cute changing mat I bought half-off at Mothercare. Planning on buying some Little Lambs wraps and nappy liners at the weekend.

errr...now I've read this I feel like I should have done more by now!! My sister is giving us my niece's cot(minus mattress), steriliser, High chair and bouncer. My MIL is insistant she's buying our pram (don't get me started) and so we're buying car seat and base. My mam and dad have bought us the johnson's baby box and getting us a camcorder and baby bath too. Other than that I have a 2 neutral babygro's, neutral shorts and tshirt set, neutral jacket, neutral tshirt and dungarees and a neutral winnie the pooh dressing gown (couldn't resist). Now I see I am underprepared! XX

We really started this weekend. I'm 20wks. We had already bought some clothes, not too much since he has 3 older brothers but a few things and a couple muslin wraps and a nice blanket. This weekend though we bought his stroller, crib and changing table set, diaper storage (we use cloth) and I'm going to order his car seat today while it is still on sale. Oh we bought his swing for a really good deal too. That will be all of his "big" things already, except his mattress and I only have little things to finish up like his newborn diaper stash, some towels, pacis, my sling, those sorts of things.

i have only bought things that have been in sale, sterilzer, car seat and base and over past week or so i bought some wipes and a couple of bits of clothing! i dont need much as its a second baby but i again havent bought much not cos i feel its too early just havent got cash to lol
as long as u want to buy hunny i would say go for it
Lou
xxx

I don't think you've over/under done the buying. I'm trying to spread it out too so I have something to look forward to.

So far I have

- 3 outfits
- 2 blankets
- some baby toiletries
- some cuddle towels
- a little jacket
- muslin squares

Mainly its stuff that was on sale and I liked.

I made a list of what we need today and boy its a big list! Nothing a dedicated weekend in town won't fix ;)

Brilliant Ladies!!

I feel about on track then :) I was just so worried when I was seeing people about 5 weeks behind me had almost finished u buying, but I suppose it's 100% up to the individual, isnt it!

I'm going to order some cute things in the Sainsburys sale....hold me back!! lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->