Buying things...too soon??!!

Moolia

Bfp 26/1/11 :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies,
For the past two days (I suppose as it's the weekend) I have been shopping and haven't been able to stop myself going in all the baby shops, looking at nursery furniture, prams and baby clothes etc! I haven't bought anything yet but it was hard not to, so I suppose I just wondered whether any of you have been shopping yet, what you've bought and how early?

Not yet- but I have been browsing when passing shops and online too! :)

I have just come back from Holland and bought a few baby suits etc. I just figured they are so different that no one else will have them over here so it would be silly not to... and they were in the sale which was an extra bonus!

We went to babies r us today to get an idea of what sorts of things we may need/want. Was really useful as we have narrowed down the pram thing and also now have an idea of most costs and things.

I have another scan on Tuesday and if all is ok I intend to start looking more seriously and if I see a bargain I may buy something. I don't do supersticion though!

yes, we've bought a baby mattress and yesterday we went shopping for the nursery furniture! We already have the crib snd have set it up, and hopefully soon we will get the dresser/hutch and rocker/recliner I picked out yesterday! It's all about positive thinking. It keeps me occupied and positive through this morning sickness!

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/annalsmith/CIMG3945.jpg

These are some of the things I treated the baby to in Holland!

Awwww cute! I bought a 3 piece set of hungry caterpiler baby grows today from Asda... couldn't resist!

I haven't bought anything, but apparently my mother has. :) (first grandchild) I did order the pottery barn kids catalog, so I am sure the shopping will begin soon. And I know I will go nuts as soon as I find out what gender the baby is.

ahhhhh i sooooooooooooooooooooooo wanna buy things but wont untill after 12 weeks where we have had so much bad luck just praying this is it for us our miracle beany and i can start to shop till i drop lol xxxxxxxx cant wait xxxxxxxxxxx

Ive bought a moses basket, Avent bottles & sterilizer (they on rollback for half price at asda at the min) other than that nothing.

OH and I decided to buy a few things every month until the baby is born just so its not one big expense in 1 month as we do have 2 other kids :)

They are the sweetest outfits in the whole world! I now want to buy clothes :blush:

Just ordered maternity jeans and trousers from mamas and papas as they were on sale, last time round I found over the bump trousers to be most comfy so I couldn't resist these, feel like it's a bit early though. We'll only need baby clothes if it's a girl as the house is coming down with our wee son's clothes, he was the first grandchild and so was so spoilt! We have all the paraphernalia we need like steriliser, bath, swings etc, but will need a double pram/buggy and a new house as we only have two bedrooms!

I've shopped and picked out most of the big things I want to get, but I'm going to wait until after the sex is determined so I can do clothes at the same time.

However, I did buy a ton of diapers I got on sale! I have like 300 diapers and wipes now! haha

I've bought baby suits already, keeps me busy and helps pass the time :) people think I'm mad buying so much so early, but who cares, I know most are just trying to help save heartache should anything bad happen, but I'll just put it all in storage if worse was to happen.
Here's what I have :) https://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp149/starxmaterial_x/IMG00077-20110129-2007.jpg

I think it's natural to be excited about getting things. I would be worried if I weren't! I browse online stores every day and can't wait to start buying. I did get a Moses Basket though 60% off.

Wow, love all the clothes! We're waiting for the scan on Friday before we do anything...also we're not finding out the sex, want that to be a surprise. Have been window shopping though at gorgeous little baby grows!!

\Im the same i browse online and in stores every day but am not buying anything untill after my first scan on the 28th feb at the earliest but am trying to hold out till 12 weeks, xx

Oh I love these!! So cute and different.

I started buying at 7 weeks. So far got some clothes, toiletries, nappies, all my bottle's and steriliser, blankets and my pram.

Attachments

• DSCF0971.jpg
    DSCF0971.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 3
I wanna buy stuff sooo bad...I suppose its getting close to where I can buy some small stuff...I am certainly anxious...maybe I can convince OH this week to let me get some things!

I have bought a Johnsons baby box at Asda and the Huggies pure newborn starter set as I had a voucher meaning it cost me 50p! Other than that nothing but after my scan on 24th there will be no stopping me! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->