caffeine fix?

hotlips

Reaction score
Hi

well i took a preg test y;day and it was +ve! so i should be approx 5 weeks preg by now
strange thing is that i really feel like an expresso coffee - i like coffee but drink it occasionally but usually tea
is it harmful for me to have a 'one off' expresso? or safer not too? ie is it likely to bring on a miscarriage?
xxx

I have two mugs of tea a day and my midwife said that this was fine. Here's the NHS guidelines:

It's important not to have more than 200mg of caffeine a day, which is roughly equivalent to:

* two mugs of instant coffee,
* one mug of filter coffee,
* two mugs of tea,
* five cans of regular cola, or
* four (50g) bars of plain chocolate (milk chocolate has less caffeine in it than in dark chocolate).

Not sure how much caffeine is in an espresso though!

From what I understand, caffeine is okay IN MODERATION. I try to avoid as much caffeine as possible, so I don't drink caffeinated soda, coffee, or tea, BUT if you very occasionally treat yourself to a coffee drink, it's not going to cause a miscarriage. If you made a habit of it, it could affect your baby's birth weight.

I drink one cup of tea a day. I could have more, but that's usually plenty and leaves some room in case I feel like a soda or chocolate later in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->