Caffeine

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by CandiceSj, Jan 24, 2011.

1. CandiceSj

CandiceSj Well-Known Member

I just read today that caffeine can cause trouble conceiving... Who here avoids caffeine? How much did you drink before, how much do you drink now?

I used to be a 1/2 cup per day type but at the moment, it's about 1.5 cups per week day, I'd say (2 coffees, not fully drank)... I think I'd be best off making my second cup a decaf and making my intake closer to 3/4 cups per week day.

Does that sound useful?

2. megan1984

megan1984 Well-Known Member

I use to only drink caffeinated drinks all the time. A couple months ago I totally quit. I drink water with sugar free flavoring and sprite now. It was kind of tough at first with the withdrawal headaches, but it's worth it to be as healthy as possible while TTC.

3. RJ2

RJ2 Mum to 2

I was hooked on coke-a-cola when I got pregnant with my first and was drinking four to six cans a day. Went cold turkey once I found out. Had no problems though.

4. CandiceSj

CandiceSj Well-Known Member

I think I'll start by reducing since I'm only TTC. So far I already had my 3/4 cup so I will take decaf if needed this aft! It can only help.

5. Misskitty10

Misskitty10 Well-Known Member

I think 1-2 cups a day is fine! I have 1 a day!

6. Cassie10

Cassie10 WTT After Loss

I was drinking about 5 cans of cola a day before TTC and now I've cut back to about two. I don't want to completely give it up yet!

7. RB1404

RB1404 Well-Known Member

I didn't really drink too much soda, but I do love my coffee. Especially since we get it free at work, plus I loved having a cup of tea after work.

Since we've been TTC for over six months now, I cut back to one cup of coffee a day and only drinking decaf tea. Plus I try to stay away from the coke/pepsi.

How smart am I?!? I just found out today that you can drink small amounts of coffee while pregnant. I didn't know that! LOL!!

8. Mama627

Mama627 Mom & Preggo w/ #2

I was drinking 1-2 cups of coffee every morning, plus a glass of either coke or mountain dew in the afternoon, and then tea at night.

I quit cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant. The headaches were the worst.

9. Benim

Benim Well-Known Member