Cake Making & Baking Group

Sarah, why dont you make choc sponges and then choc orange buttercream? Just melt a choc orange, think it out with a little cream and then add it to your buttercream mix

Great idea hun.
I originally thought about doing that but just using orange flavouring...but i havent got any orange food colouring yet so that may have to wait till i buy some! lol
Thanks hun x

woooww pink those cupcakes are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Heres todays effort.....

Overall I'm pretty chuffed...got my sponge down to T now...I was a bit unsure on how much buttercream to plaster over my cake and as a result is a bit lumpy....:wacko:
used hollys cream cheese recipe...how nice is that stuff! its thicker and i think would be bestter for cupcakes than normal as it keeps its shape really well.:thumbup:

also is it worth investing in one of those cake measurer thingies to get my cuts spot on? tis a little wonky too:wacko:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_4276.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_4279.jpg

Wow that amazing..those daises are soooooooooo cute!
Makes me hungry just looking at it.
xx

woooww pink those cupcakes are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Heres todays effort.....

Overall I'm pretty chuffed...got my sponge down to T now...I was a bit unsure on how much buttercream to plaster over my cake and as a result is a bit lumpy....:wacko:
used hollys cream cheese recipe...how nice is that stuff! its thicker and i think would be bestter for cupcakes than normal as it keeps its shape really well.:thumbup:

also is it worth investing in one of those cake measurer thingies to get my cuts spot on? tis a little wonky too:wacko:
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_4276.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/IMG_4279.jpg

Jac thats brill!! Well done.

Heres todays efforts, i was inspired by pinksnowballs multicoloured icing so tried doing my own, i think they look nice

https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/cakes2004.jpg
https://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj318/lorrilou_2008/cakes2003.jpg

they look fab girls :thumbup:

sooooooo yummy

so pleased for you all! Your creations are all fantastic!!

I'm having a proud moment Jac!! It is fantastic!!!!

Cappuccino Cupcakes

4oz soft light brown sugar
4oz softened butter
2 eggs,beaten
4oz SR Flour
4 teaspoons of instant coffee granules dissolved in 4 teaspoons of just boiled water
cocoa powder for dusting

For the icing
2oz white chocolate
2oz butter
4oz icing sugar

Preheat oven at Gas Mark 4

Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.Gradually beat in the eggs.Fold in the flour and then the coffee.

Put mixture into cases and bake for 15-20n mins until risen and set and leave to cool.

For the icing melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water.Stir until smooth and leave to cool.Beat the butter until smooth then add the icing sugar and then the chocolate.

Ice the cupcakes and dust with cocoa powder.

Oh wow the multi coloured icing looks awesome how do you do it!?

wow jac - fab fab cake!! my last icing cake was a disaster :blush: i really need to have another practise :blush: think this weekend i shall give it another go!

laura - mmmmm!!! though cupcake cakes are amazing! your sooooo good at piping! i'm waiting for my new piping kit to turn up, i'm just not happy with my current nozzles (well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it :lol:)

sarah - mmmm minstrels! can't wait to see how they come out :happydance: i too am looking forward to the weekend for more baking :happydance:

glitter - that recipe looks gorgeous! thank you so much for posting :D i shall be trying that asap!

oh and thought i'd add mine for though's not on my facebook - last week's attempts - giant cupcake, and vanilla cupcakes with choc fudge topping, and an attempt at hello kitty cupcakes!

Attachments

• 100_1458.jpg
    100_1458.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1455.jpg
    100_1455.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1446.jpg
    100_1446.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 8
great cakes girls!!

i cant get over all your first fondant attempts...they are brill!! well done!!

and all those cupcakes looked super yummy!!

well done everyone!!! xx

princess bump...cross posts with u there!! fantastic hun!! they all look lovely! xx

well done everyone :D cupcakes look great + jac thats a great 1st effort. I too loooove cream cheese frosting, especially on carrot cake cupcakes.

this thread is evil when you're on a diet :rofl:

blah...tell me about it!! im on a diet, luckily i dont have time to bake for myself...only other people which means i dont get to eat them anyway :rofl:

Loved your giant cupcake Carly :cloud9:

Had a nice big box of cake goodies arrive at work for me today!! Just waiting on my mickey mouse cutter and i shall be doing some mickey & minnie cupcakes!!

Everyone at work is currently scoffing my cupcakes i made yesterday, honestly they fight like children so if anyone lives close, bring them some in will you :rofl:

Oooh girls you have me sooo inspired
I did this yesterday
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/ff8b7b92.jpg
It is a cheaty one though so I don't really belong here :blush:
I had it in the cupboard and thought what the hell.

In fact I spent most of Sunday clearing a cupboard to make it my baking cupboard :lol:

hehe! They are like that when I send in cakes/cupcakes to OH's work.... I only gave him a box of 4 the other day and they were all brawling over who was getting one!!!

Looks yummy Jo!!

The women usualy halve one cupcake between two but them men scoff them in about 10 seconds and then whinge they want more :rofl:

They are all lovely. I love the multi coloured icing :D

I made a chocolate cake last night :) Going to ice it tonight, it's for my friend's SIL 21st birthday :) Will take a piccie tonight when OH gets in :) xx

OMG look at that choc cake!!! My tummy is growling like craZy now!!

Jac- how do you get your cakes to rise so big? They look amazing..please tell me your recipie pleasssse and what cake tin you use?

My megasaurus cake pan has come yayy so now I have more questions if anyone could be kind enough to help me out? :flower:

Do I need to buy some cake release or does the greasing with stork then flouring method work as well?

As it is a shaped cake, is it wise to buy a cake leveller to get it halved right?

Are the sugarflair icing colour pastes good?

The instructions that came with the cake tin say I need wilton nozzles for outlining,stars and leaves but am I right in thinking I can use any make of nozzle?

Thinking about decorating the dinosaur..will betty crocker choc fudge icing pipe on in stars just as good?

Thankyou xxx

OMG you girls can natter!!!

Grrrrr i am not getting argos own brand mixers ever again!

Ive had 2 of these and they broked both after 1st use...:blush:

I just get the tesco one for 6-7 quid

got 2 of them now, one blew up after my recent daisy cake...and got one left..........I think I'm going to have to invest in a little better one here...they dont seem to like me:haha:

i made some choc orange cupcakes the other week and i added aero hot choc orange powder to the mix, they were gorgeous!!
ohh fab idea!!! Ohhh mint choc cupcakes too...ohh you have my imagination running wild now.

so pleased for you all! Your creations are all fantastic!!

I'm having a proud moment Jac!! It is fantastic!!!!
So you should....Your my teacher and I owe it all to you!!!:hugs:

Carly, i love your giant cupcake, it looks fab. x
So do I...did you use the wilton tin? I'm after the JML one but its sold out all over the place atm:cry:
Did it bake in the middle ok?

Oooh girls you have me sooo inspired
I did this yesterday
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d22/jodielou/ff8b7b92.jpg
It is a cheaty one though so I don't really belong here :blush:
I had it in the cupboard and thought what the hell.

In fact I spent most of Sunday clearing a cupboard to make it my baking cupboard :lol:

woop! Nice to see you in here Jo, beware though its VERY addictive!

OMG look at that choc cake!!! My tummy is growling like craZy now!!

Jac- how do you get your cakes to rise so big? They look amazing..please tell me your recipie pleasssse and what cake tin you use?
My megasaurus cake pan has come yayy so now I have more questions if anyone could be kind enough to help me out? :flower:

Do I need to buy some cake release or does the greasing with stork then flouring method work as well?

As it is a shaped cake, is it wise to buy a cake leveller to get it halved right?

Are the sugarflair icing colour pastes good?

The instructions that came with the cake tin say I need wilton nozzles for outlining,stars and leaves but am I right in thinking I can use any make of nozzle?

Thinking about decorating the dinosaur..will betty crocker choc fudge icing pipe on in stars just as good?

Thankyou xxx

I use Andrea's recipe....I use SRF AND baking powder, and I mix it for AT LEAST 10 mins (maybe thats why my whisks keep popping their clogs) seems to work great for me...oh the tins are two I picked up from The factory shop:shrug:

Couple of questions too please...:

I bought some squires kitchen mexican modelling paste to try and attempt a bunny, but I found it cracked and went sort of bitty, couldnt really get the limbs to attatch to each other and the ears wouldnt stand up......what am I doing wrong you think, am I even using the right stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->