Cake Making & Baking Group

holly how do you make the cream cheese icing?

I used hollys and adapted it myself a little...I use 125 g of cream cheese, 50g of butter, 300g icing sugar (sifted) and 1 tsp of vanilla essence...for basic frosting...makes enough for 12 cupcakes and just double it for a 10 inch cake:thumbup:

thanks hun, what cheese do you use, philly?

holly how do you make the cream cheese icing?

add more icing sugar to your buttercream to make it thicker Jac,

dunno.........just under half a cm?! I'll measure it tonight when I am icing these cakes!!

First cake of the day in the oven......... :D

i used philly last week and used tesco's own last night..tbh I dont find much difference in taste but the philly comes out just a little 'tangier' :thumbup:

dunno.........just under half a cm?! I'll measure it tonight when I am icing these cakes!!

Ta hun, crikey, you dont waste no time!

I'm gonna go shopping later to find the bits for Megs cake....
andrea....I went to bed thinking cakes lol! and I came up with a brill idea in my head, pale blue cake(sky), with green 'grass' icing all round the bottom walls, some daisies on the grass clouds on the blue and then butterflies on wire thingies floating above the cake...woop! Cant do this for charl though cos she wants pink to match her candle :dohh:

Ohhh I know, I could incorporate some eggs and bunnies on it and make it my easter cake!:happydance:

Ooooo thanks for that Jac! :D Think I may give cream cheese a go next time.

Got all my ingredients weighed up and ready to start making when Caitlin goes to nanas! :) xx

With creamcheese careful you don't overwhip it or it'll go really runny.

jac i just add more icing sugar

i use mascapone cheese when i use cheese :cloud9:

Ta hun, crikey, you dont waste no time!

I'm gonna go shopping later to find the bits for Megs cake....
andrea....I went to bed thinking cakes lol! and I came up with a brill idea in my head, pale blue cake(sky), with green 'grass' icing all round the bottom walls, some daisies on the grass clouds on the blue and then butterflies on wire thingies floating above the cake...woop! Cant do this for charl though cos she wants pink to match her candle :dohh:

Ohhh I know, I could incorporate some eggs and bunnies on it and make it my easter cake!:happydance:

LOL before I read right down I was thinking "oh she could make this her easter cake!!"

lol

yeah u can make ur easter cake like ur sig!! n put some plant pots on it too! :)

yeah ive decided to leave the gold balls off....not sure what they are going to say coz its what they requested...they are damn ugly though arent they!!??
well i better get in the kitchen n get it finished, got avon to do yet!! LOL

lol

yeah u can make ur easter cake like ur sig!! n put some plant pots on it too! :)

yeah ive decided to leave the gold balls off....not sure what they are going to say coz its what they requested...they are damn ugly though arent they!!??
well i better get in the kitchen n get it finished, got avon to do yet!! LOL

haha! You are a busy woman!

I always wanted to make flowerpot cupcakes after I spied them online somewhere..... It was little coloured flowerpots and the cupcakes inside them topped with sugar pansies.....so cute!
Hmmm........ possibly my easter project!!!

found the pic in "the folder"!!Now I need to find some little coloured plant pots!

Attachments

• pansy-cupcakes_slideshow_image.jpg
    pansy-cupcakes_slideshow_image.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 23
ive seen those andrea...also the 'cupcake bouquets' where the cupcakes are decorated like roses and then bunched together on stick n it looks like a bouquet of flowers!!
https://www.mylittlecakes.com/images/holiday_bouquet_474.jpg

those flower cupcakes look really good and i love the bouquet ones!

i wanna eat some of my coconut cupcakes from yesterday - there the only cakes i will eat but i dont like butter icing and didnt leave any spare, tried scooping it of but i can still taste it :cry: :rofl:

OMG! last week i made a choccy sponge with the supreme flour, didnt notice much difference tbh! But chocolate is always denser anyway.....

Just cut back on of the sponges I made this morning and it is THE fluffiest sponge I have ever eaten!! I didnt know they could be that light!

I never usually eat the cake bits I cut off OH and DD so! But Daisy and I have just sat with a plateful and ate it all!!

Top tip Miss Holly! :thumbup:

Whats this flour you're talking about?

I just made this buttercream recipe from cake central and omg its deliiiiiiiiiish.

1-1/3 cups Cricso (Trex)
1/3 to 1/2 cup milk, depending on consistency needed
3 Tbsp powdered Dream Whip (*) (dream topping)
2-3 Tbsp clear vanilla, depending on your personal taste
2 lbs powdered sugar (icing sugar)

You can use half butter, half trex if you like but i like really white icing.

I think trex is going to be the way forward for me, my icing is never white and I want it white white! :)

xx

Jac they look delicious!

I always use Mcdougalls sponge flour,i think it's the best one.

When i'm making lots of cupcakes i use 8oz SR flour/8oz Caster sugar/4 eggs/8oz Marg and a teaspoon of vanilla extract/essence.

TJG those potplant cakes are adorable! Would have been a great gift for Mothers Day and nice for Easter :)

The rose cupcakes look beautiful,really effective!

I have vanilla cupcakes in the oven.Trying new things to decorate them with tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->