Cake Making & Baking Group

mmmm, they look tasty :)
well my dad got the date of her lil party wrong and its next saturday not this sat :dohh:
but it does mean iv got a week to practise!
think im gonna have a go tomorow xxx

They look lush holly!! Mmm how do you get your frosting to look so damn soft and creamy. It looks like mr whippy ice cream lol. I need your recipe!!

I'm also going to make some Oreo cupcakes tomorrow too mmmmm xxx

Holly, I dont eat mine either..... unless it is chocolate fudge cake! I dont like fondant, buttercream etc so dont eat many!

how did u bake them PP?
like coz u cant stand them up in the oven can u?
Or am i being rlly silly?
:haha: xxx

Exactley Andrea, maybe people are just humouring us!! :rofl:

Kriskitten, i put them in the over stood up in the foil like they are now hun

Yeah thanks Blah, im eating one now youve gone and mentioned what they taste like :lol:

They are lush, like really really lush, you girls need to try making them :cloud9:

Holly, saw them on FB they look brill! My kids would love them!

Heres my efforts for tonight:

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4306.jpg
https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/bnb%20selling/IMG_4307.jpg

OMG OMG OMG.....I have a mission....I have managed to get myself roped into making Wobbles Meggies 1st birthday cake :shock: arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm thinking I might just go buy one :rofl:

need your help girls for some ideas..she wants simple, which is fab as I only do simple:haha: but I wanna make it a bit special you know.
She's chosen this candle for on top:
https://www.partypieces.co.uk/pages...party+cakes+and+candles_candles&cookie_test=1
and has 2 little sparklers, so I'm thing 12 inch round with light pink icing all over, Maybe little purple butterflies and brighter pink hearts all over, or just hearts in pink and purple (match butterfly on candle) with a brighter pink ribbon around it, to cover any bad cutting by me:haha:
and on the top, the candle towards the top edge, and I want to cut MEGAN out of purple or pink fondant and put that on the bottom edge of the top..iyswim?

so, i have heart cutters, cant seem to find a cutter thats the same sort of butterfly as that candle though...I was looking at the wilton icing colour set, can I make purple and brighter pink with those or am I best buying ready mixed colours...arghhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm stressing now, cant beleive i'm doing this.

and breathe......... LOL!

There is nothing more frightening that your first important cake for someone else!!

Your ideas sound fab!! If you want bright pink fondant you will probably be best buying it, it can be a nightmare to mix nd usually ends up red!
I just made a load of bright pink gerbera daisies for my next cake and made the flowerpaste with powder colour, seemed to work best but if you buy ready made it will be less hassle!

you could make the little butterfly yourself? mould it instead of cutters and maybe attach it to some flower wire so it is floating above the cake.....

say wha??? OMG that sounds complicated :rofl:

Ok, shall buy ready coloured icing...hope the shop has it I gotta make it on sunday..arrghhhhhhhhhh Andrea...make me a cake, post it to me and I'll take that..worst thing is she announced it on FB and now everybody knows so no pressure there then OMG I think I'm going to emigrate now.:cry:

oo PP thats quite clever :haha:
i just thught u had that as the holder to cool them :dohh:
ooo Jac that sounds great and those look yummy!
who eats all these things u ladies make?
Id love to bake as often as u do but im forever cleaning up the kitchen as it is, cake baking on top of that is a nightmare...and we always end up chucking out some of the cake i make. Everyone loves it and noms it down..then it gets forgotten about and ends up hard :dohh:
quite funny the sad looks when the house remembers there was cake but now its inedible lol
xxxxx

say wha??? OMG that sounds complicated :rofl:

Ok, shall buy ready coloured icing...hope the shop has it I gotta make it on sunday..arrghhhhhhhhhh Andrea...make me a cake, post it to me and I'll take that..worst thing is she announced it on FB and now everybody knows so no pressure there then OMG I think I'm going to emigrate now.:cry:

LOL you will do a fab job!!!!

I wish I had your confidence....

andrea, on my daisy cake, you could see the indents on the sides of the cake underneath, do I need to add more buttercream/frosting around it? I have to get this perfect!

I need some letter cutters...wheres the best place to get them from? want them quite big but not huge, so I can fit MEGAN on....

I like the looks of the floating butterfly but shes gonna have the candle plus 2 sparklers on the top...gonna be too much going on me thinks..

jac u will do absolutely fine, your idea sounds great

i found that when i was doing my cakes to start with i always rolled the icing to thin

so i would make ur buttercream a bit thicker and your icing too , the last cake i done i dont that with , the pic quality was a bit rubbish as i took it on my i phone but the icing was alot smoother than it normally is by doing it that way

u can get letter and number cutters from tesco for a few quid

cant wait to see piccies when its done

rob couldnt find a car tin but there is a box right at the back hes gonna try and get tonight

oo nice cupcakes girls!

awww your first cake...your idea sounds lovely...though 12" is quite big? maybe make it a little smaller and it will be easier to ice, and easier to decorate. cant wait to see bet its gunna look fab.....and i agree, dont roll your fondant out too thin xxx

ok, i have a cake half completed in the kitchen....but they wanted gold dragees on it (those edible balls) but the gold ones look REALLY tacky...they dont even resemble gold, the look almost green! they are the really tacky looking gold you see. and its going to toally ruin the look, because the rest of the gold on it is abit nicer!. i REALLY dont want to put them on.....do u think i should put them on and let it go out the door looking mega ugly, or leave them off and replace them with mini hearts n tell her the balls just didnt look right?? hhhhmmmmmmm not sure LOL

Ok girlies I was wondering if you could please give me a recipe for basic cupcakes that you use and also for butter icing that you use too :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->