Cake Making & Baking Group

I have a 4" cake tin which would be PERFECT for that flowerpot idea.

I think trex is going to be the way forward for me, my icing is never white and I want it white white! :)

xx

Yeah mine is always yellowish unless I use Trex :nope: That recipe I posted is really yummy, tastes a bit like costco frosting if youve ever had that?

Blah... its Macdougalls Supreme Sponge Flour, works fab!!

I've only been able to find it in Morrisons so far :)

Oh i never shop in Morrisons which is prob why i've never seen it!

Trex is vegetable shortening (veg fat rly).

Gosh I havnt been on in ages and I had loads to catch up on!!

I am loving the icecream cupcakes...am very interested in how you make them PP. Do you just scoop the cupcake mix into the cone then bake as normal? Do you have to slow bake them to avoid burning the cone?
I might attempt to do them for Nathans 1st party...maybe.

Jac the pressure is on but by the looks of your gorgeous cakes you have put up your are totally up to the challenge!!

I havent been baking much recetly just some banana loafs as our bananas were going off. But maybe over the next few weeks I will get a few cakes done.

Off to stare and drool at your gorgeous cakes again!

Emma.x

Mmmm the oreo cupcakes are absolutely lush! :cloud9:

That is some good flour!

I'm thinking about making some lemon ones later but need some more marg and some trex and cream cheese for the icing, not sure OH will let me though as we've just had a mahoooosive bill on the car :cry: May need to wait until I get paid next week

xx

I've just about finished the cake....... run out of edible glue AND icing sugar!! So nothing to stick the flowers on with yet!

I think the time has come for me to stop making cakes for while :sad1:

The guilt trips me so bad that I practically ignore Daisy most of the day when I am making one, and I have absolutley no one that can watch her for me :(

I'll complete the orders I have for now then give up till she is in Nursery :(

Will post pics when I get the flowers stuck on!

Don't give up Andrea! Your so good at it! Could you not do them on a night when Daisy goes to bed?? xx

Heres my latest cakes :)

Oreo Cupcakes and the birthday cake for my friends SIL xx

ETA: Ooops forgot to put the link up :dohh: https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?id=763875116&aid=375310

Told you that flour was good :lol:

I use proper icing whitener, its only £2 for a pot and you only need to use a sprinkle to get it really white

Having a cake making break now until Sunday when i have to make some birthday cupcakes for another members LO's 1st birthday, she just wants plain uced cupcakes with sprinkles though so nothing too major!!

Andrea :hugs:

looking good kelly :thumbup:

i have been asked to do another christening cake for may she wants it similar to alex's christening cake but with sponge and a bit smaller but still with the personalised ribbon on

so at the min i have

4 cakes to make in April, 1 in may, 1 in june that are confirmed

here is the 50th cake.......... I am still a bit unsure about it, so it could be totally changed by tonight!

https://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs489.ash1/26744_407060820878_620555878_4992453_3697871_n.jpg
https://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs489.snc3/26744_407060825878_620555878_4992454_6500357_n.jpg
https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs489.ash1/26744_407060855878_620555878_4992455_4315859_n.jpg

step away from the cake :rofl:

it looks amazing!!!!

what cutter did u use for the sunflowers?

andrea hun it looks lovely!! ice and colourful!!

i almost bought some of those diamante numbers..i saw them in the local garden centre the other night LOL
and i also have those wired butterflies...had them for AGES and havent used many!!

looks lovely!

and i know what u mean about the kids...it got to the point where kai would follow me into the kitchen...id open my cake cupboard n he'd burst into tears so i knew it was time for a break...i took a year out from cake making n now hes at nursery i can do it all in the morning...trouble is, i now have Abbi, but she usually naps so i can get some done then.....its so hard work n i feel sooo guilty sometimes when im doing cakes, they must be bored out of their minds. OH hates me doing them too because the kitchen is a constant bomb site. :(
u dont realize how it can start as a hobby n totally take over n effect your life!!

well i went ahead and used hearts instead of the dragees....will do pics 2moro sometime.

cnt wait to see everyones pics!!

o and kelly...what icing did u use on the oreo cupcakes..it looks abit like that squirty cream u can get! and fab job on the gun cake x

It does take over your life, esp when you have people left right and center asking you to make cakes, people forget the time and effort that you put into them, which is x10 harder when you have kids to look after :(

Love the cake Andrea, leave it be, dont be too picky or you might friggin ruin it!!

aaah i need ideas for austins birthday cake :D i want it to be 2 tiers but not sure how to decorate? Ideas please xxxxxx

Oh wow TJG that is a gorgeous cake! I love the butterflies,where are they from?

Oreo cupcakes look good :)

I have those gebera plungers TJG :D the cake came out lovely and I looooooooooove the ribbon idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->