Cake Making & Baking Group

ok heres my very plain boring anniversary cake LOL

https://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs518.snc3/27198_374792358322_509248322_3676797_4578933_n.jpg

i do that everyday, because theres always washing up, toys everywhere i do 'panic tidying' all the time LOL

OK please someone give me link for flower cutters and alphabet cut out letters, and ribbon! Whatver i search for doesn't work :haha:

sam.....I will do yours....if you want me too?:flower:

I'm sorry I didn't offer in the first place I was just worried I wouldn't be able to make something that meets your expectations...I know how fussy you are:blush:

But something simplish, I should be able to do for you..let me know what sort of thing you want, please dont say 'like Andrea's!' although I maybe could do a two tier as will be doing one for Leo's cake.....

girls your cakes are fabulous!!! Andrea....speechless yet again..:flower:

I want gerbera cutters now!

Andrea, tell me again what is the best stuff to use for modelling icing stuff? And ive read to make butterflies 3d you drape them over a peice of folded card? Is this right, how do get the gerberas 3d like, and do you put them in the fridge to harden?
x

whatever u do DONT put them in the fridge hun....they melt!! xxx best to be dried at room temperature for a few days...never the fridge, i made that mistake when i first started out cake making LOL

Thank you hun :)

I either use squires sugar dough....... or mix Gum Tragcanth into normal fondant, its just a powder that will make the fondant firmer for modelling :)

I have only ever made butterflies once! I bought the plunger cutters to make then for that cake then decided to buy some fabric ones instead!

Yep fold over some card and hang it over.

The Gerberas I just kind of draped them over a little edible glue pot and turned up the corners! Let them sit for 10 mins then moved them onto a plate and let them dry out overnight.
Dont need to go in the fridge hun, leave them overnight, then once they have dried you can store them in a plastic tub till you areready to use them :)

jac......look int he background of this pic and you will see some butterflies drying, just bend some card/paper in v's :)

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs095.snc3/16270_188216871925_188177171925_2980424_2240235_n.jpg

Tracey I like your cake, is that the one that wanted the gold balls?

Is it real flowers on it? I want to do a cake with real flowers!!

OOhhhh lookie! I always thought you would hang it over, rather than lay them inbetween!

Fab! Might make some later on now I have a new tip!

jac......look int he background of this pic and you will see some butterflies drying, just bend some card/paper in v's :)

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs095.snc3/16270_188216871925_188177171925_2980424_2240235_n.jpg

than you:hugs:

I Too would have hung them over!

this thread is soooooo fab you know! Ive got so many ideas already!

off to get supplies to day for the 1st birthday cake am going to see if they have any gerbera cutters too and some butterflies and leaves...he he...
I'm still a little stuck for inspiration on this one though, think its the candle she wants on it....hmmmm anybody got any simplish ideas, she def wants this candle on so need to leave a space on it..

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/4158.jpg

she wants a light pink cake too.

in all the stuff i got from that woman there was plastic tube things that are like half circles that must be what they are for :rofl:

thanks, been wondering for AGES what to do with them!!

Haha that's because i hadn't started on the decorating yet that was just on baking stage should have seen it after aye aye ayyye!

than you:hugs:

I Too would have hung them over!

this thread is soooooo fab you know! Ive got so many ideas already!

off to get supplies to day for the 1st birthday cake am going to see if they have any gerbera cutters too and some butterflies and leaves...he he...
I'm still a little stuck for inspiration on this one though, think its the candle she wants on it....hmmmm anybody got any simplish ideas, she def wants this candle on so need to leave a space on it..

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/jakscooby/4158.jpg

she wants a light pink cake too.

jac that candle is part of the fun at one range because im having the boy version for alex :thumbup:

im doing one similar to this for alex's so it matches everything x
https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/1cake-Luke.jpg

Thank you hun :)

I either use squires sugar dough....... or mix Gum Tragcanth into normal fondant, its just a powder that will make the fondant firmer for modelling :)

I have only ever made butterflies once! I bought the plunger cutters to make then for that cake then decided to buy some fabric ones instead!

Yep fold over some card and hang it over.

The Gerberas I just kind of draped them over a little edible glue pot and turned up the corners! Let them sit for 10 mins then moved them onto a plate and let them dry out overnight.
Dont need to go in the fridge hun, leave them overnight, then once they have dried you can store them in a plastic tub till you areready to use them :)

thats exactly what I do LOL even down to the edible glue pot.

andrea, no they wanted fabric flowers. and yes its the cake they wanted the gold balls on eeek im so glad i didnt put them on!!! i e-mailed her n she was fine with it so thats a relief!!
how did u manage to run out of edible glue?? LOL i have TONS left xxx
whats ur next cake? x

those half pipe things u have will be these hun.....https://sugarcraft.com/catalog/misc/417-9500
:)

LOL I know, I ran out of bloody icing sugar too!

Just ordered another load of the stuff!

Err..... Next one is not til April!

Had a few enquiries yesterday but I am not going to bother atm.....

so next one is a cake in the style of a pizza for Nieces birthday........ then a 1st birthday cake for Arcanegirls wee boy, pretty much the same style as Daisys 1st cake, but with monsters instead of bugs and flowers!

oo ive always wanted to do a pizza one, ive had a pizza box sitting here for ages LOL

i just have some black forest cupcakes to do, then my next cake isnt till 28th March

abit of time off for a change!! actually looking forward to doing nothing :rofl:

My SIL wants me to make her a black forest gateau, so a recipe from anyone would be fab!

i dont have a recipe for black forest gateaux....though i know the choc sponge is laced with cherry liquer :) dark cherry for the centre, and cream....then just layer :) xxx mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love it (im sure theres a proper recipe...but i havent tried any!!) lol

omg blackforest gateaux! sooo yummy. its the only cake my OH will eat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->