Cake Making & Baking Group

ive just been doing my asda order and they have black cherries in Kirsch, is that like a cherry liquer?

I could just use that to put into the sponges and then use the cherries on top!

OH has just phoned and said the cakes went down a treat :)

One of his colleges even thought they were bought! :smug:

They want me to make cupcakes every Friday for them all! :o

Told OH to start charging them :rofl:

Going to make some Lemon cupcakes later and some chocolate chip cookies and fudge cookies :) x

I have fun making cakes and love doing it but i could never do it for a living i'm sick of the sight of icing sugar and cake after spending so long on the topsy turvy and to eat cake....bleurghh.. so sickly lol think i binged.

does anyone know where i can get icing embossers?...for the cakes below...

https://i42.tinypic.com/70wf3k.jpg

I love those butterflies! How pretty!

I know you can get embossed rolling pins with butterfly patterns on...i'll try and remember where i saw them.

georgie i have that cup cake photo in my 'folder' LOL
i think the butterfly one is an actual cutter...but only been pressed in to make it look like an impression.

i know what u mean katieandbump.... i actually HATE the baking part LOL and if theres a cake that needs lots of colours n modelling, i can never be assed! :rofl: i just cant be bothered with all the washing up! i do like creating n designing...but the actual mixing n what not is a chore for me now ive done that many!

andrea, yeah i think thats what they use. xx

Thank you hun :)

I either use squires sugar dough....... or mix Gum Tragcanth into normal fondant, its just a powder that will make the fondant firmer for modelling :)

I have only ever made butterflies once! I bought the plunger cutters to make then for that cake then decided to buy some fabric ones instead!

Yep fold over some card and hang it over.

The Gerberas I just kind of draped them over a little edible glue pot and turned up the corners! Let them sit for 10 mins then moved them onto a plate and let them dry out overnight.
Dont need to go in the fridge hun, leave them overnight, then once they have dried you can store them in a plastic tub till you areready to use them :)

when you say 'normal fondant' i take it you mean the icing we roll out and put over our cakes? Ok, if I needed to make a few colours like orange flowers, green leaves etc do i just use normal white fondant and put coloring in or can i use ready coloured fondant and add the gum stuff to it?:wacko:

when you say 'normal fondant' i take it you mean the icing we roll out and put over our cakes? Ok, if I needed to make a few colours like orange flowers, green leaves etc do i just use normal white fondant and put coloring in or can i use ready coloured fondant and add the gum stuff to it?:wacko:

yup thats the one. u can add gum tragacanth to pre-coloured, or hand coloured fondant :thumbup:

Girls, how about a recipie index at the front of this thread with all these yummy ideas in so that they can be found really easily? :shrug: Just a thought as I really want to make mars bars cupcakes but I can't find the recipie for them.

:thumbup: all the cakes and cupcakes look fantastic!! I'm having a trial run of my son's dinosaur cake over the weekend so wish me luck I'll need it! If by some miracle the cake turns out of the tin perfectly..can I freeze it then defrost it in 2 weeks when it comes to icing it? (party not untill 2nd April!)

Oh Jac- LOVE those cupcakes..are they in a muffin case with the wrap around cases aswell? Where did you get them from please?

Happy baking ladies!

Me again hehee, when you make lemon cupcakes, do you add lemon rind to the mixture or a teaspoon of lemon essense?

I just added lemon essence and they are lovely but I don't like a strong lemon flavour, plus I didn't have any in the house! x

I use fresh lemons for mine, used the juice of the lemon for the cake mix and a little bit of the rind, then topped the rest of the cupcake with leftover rind :)

Oh and I added fresh lemon juice to the buttercream too :)

https://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9424_178628575878_620555878_3797986_3109700_n.jpg

Tracey!! I need help LOL!

I just agreed..... I am so lame at saying no, to make a babys 1st birthday cake and she wants a castle cake.
I know you have done a few, I wanted to do a round one with the turrets.

Yours look massive though, are they? How much did you charge for them?

Oh and did you do a brick effect on them? Its just cos I had those impression boards that I bought for the OZ cake.....

Do you think it would be easier to make it square?

yup thats the one. u can add gum tragacanth to pre-coloured, or hand coloured fondant :thumbup:

Ok I have some....and a whole load of coloured fondant. How do I know how much to add to the fondant? If Im making little butterfly wings for example, do i just add it to the whole ball I think I'm going to use? I'm a bit stuck with this:wacko:

Im also having a few probs with stupid cutters i just bought from town, they are plastic but with no plunger and i'm finding some stay in and i can gently prise it off with a mini palette knife but some stay in the fondant and after ive unattatched it to the surrounding fondant it looks messy on the edges...!

Girls, how about a recipie index at the front of this thread with all these yummy ideas in so that they can be found really easily? :shrug: Just a thought as I really want to make mars bars cupcakes but I can't find the recipie for them.

:thumbup: all the cakes and cupcakes look fantastic!! I'm having a trial run of my son's dinosaur cake over the weekend so wish me luck I'll need it! If by some miracle the cake turns out of the tin perfectly..can I freeze it then defrost it in 2 weeks when it comes to icing it? (party not untill 2nd April!)

Oh Jac- LOVE those cupcakes..are they in a muffin case with the wrap around cases aswell? Where did you get them from please?

Happy baking ladies!

The muffin cases I bought a load from ebay and I just baked the cupcakes in them, filled them up a little more than you would a normal cupcake and they come out ace!

The ideas at the front would be absolutely fantastic:thumbup: Ive managed to get to about page 45 and copied some of the recipes/ideas to my 'folder' but the others are all lost in this thread.

If anyone finds them, copy and paste them into a pm and send them to me (or holly) and ill add them to the first page in spoilers for all to find!

omg note to self - do not attempt to melt marshmallows ever again.

Why,what happened? Was going to try that for the marshmallow cakes from the Hummingbird Bakery Book....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->