Not sure about letter cutters....something i am keeping an eye out for
The Craft Company have a lot of cutters in general
x

Its lovely hunni, well done.
Not sure about letter cutters....something i am keeping an eye out for
The Craft Company have a lot of cutters in general
x

My attempt for today!!

Cake got stuck in the tin though :haha: so excuse all the lumps and bumps! I need to get letters that you cut out, anyone got any links? And pretty flower cutters please.

Your all toooo good at cakes, rofl, make mine look like a 4yr old has done them :rofl:

fab cake sam..see your doing soo good...I thought you had made the flowers too :haha:

Cutters, ok mine came today and they look good, not used them yet but got them from ebay heres the link...
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190379341802&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

these are my daisy cutters:
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270543388798&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Ive been in the cake shop again today and spent £45 on 'stuff' more coloured fondant, colour pastes, little palette knife, more cutters, boards, boxes, ribbons :rofl: I should be banned from there:blush:

did anybody see my questions a few pages back, didnt get a reply...:wacko:

what questions jac ?? i think i answered a couple for you but not sure if u asked more?? x

I ask too many questions Lea....I'm so eager to learn though:dohh:

"Ok I have some....and a whole load of coloured fondant. How do I know how much to add to the fondant? If Im making little butterfly wings for example, do i just add it to the whole ball I think I'm going to use? I'm a bit stuck with this:wacko:"

and

"Im also having a few probs with stupid cutters i just bought from town, they are plastic but with no plunger and i'm finding some stay in and i can gently prise it off with a mini palette knife but some stay in the fondant and after ive unattatched it to the surrounding fondant it looks messy on the edges...!"

thanks x

Omg Jac I can't believe you paid 9.99 for those you can get them in tesco for about £4!!

Also silicone muffin trays you can get them in the £1 shop :thumbup: xx

yeah i know, thanks Kelly:blush: My mate told me that today but i went in and they were smaller than those and not as deep...

ladies, rlly weird question for you but...
how do you pronounce gum tragacanthe?
:haha:
i know it might be obviouse but i want to pic some up and the cake shop tomorow so i can start making OHs arch for his cake and i dont want 1 of those awkward 'what?' moments with the shop keeper lol.
I already had to say 'silver lustre spray' like 10 times last tme :dohh: xxxxx

ladies, rlly weird question for you but...
how do you pronounce gum tragacanthe?
:haha:
i know it might be obviouse but i want to pic some up and the cake shop tomorow so i can start making OHs arch for his cake and i dont want 1 of those awkward 'what?' moments with the shop keeper lol.
I already had to say 'silver lustre spray' like 10 times last tme :dohh: xxxxx

lol
I really dont know hunni...i think i would have the same problem! hehe
Also Jac...i dont know the answer to your questions sorry. Only think i can suggest is when cutting then out have plenty of icing sugar undearneath and give them a little wiggle to make sure they are cut out. Or could you trytaking away the fondant leaving the cutter on your board with the shape inside? I know what you mean about them getting stuck in cutter...i was thinking cocktail sticks or somthing to help. The plunger ones look lovely...i so want to buy some!
xx

The plunger ones are fab Pink, I was all excited yesterday and dint look to see if they were plunger ones or not:dohh: I shall try and move away the surrounding fondant, see it that works...:thumbup:

kriss, the man in our cake shop knew what I was on about when I said 'gum stuff' to make fondant thicker....he goes 'ahh yeah 'gum trag' so just shorten it to that...makes you look like you know what your on about!:haha:

Jac, if you are using cutters with no plungers, roll out your fondant and let it sit for about 15-20 mins, more if you want.... it will make it easier to push out gently and wont have raggy edges :thumbup:

With the Gum Tragcanth just add a little at a time to your bit of fondant you will be using, then knead it into it.... try and estimate how much you will need.
Keep adding it till the fondant becomes a bit firmer and you can hear it when you pull it apart iykwim?! LOL Hard to explain!!!

When you pull fondnat apart it doesnt make a noise........... when you pull flower/modelling paste apart it you can hear it make a little sound!! :wacko:

Thank you Andrea:D

I think I will have another attempt a little later then and try that way:thumbup:
Do I need lots of IS, and how do you get it off once you want to put the model/flower on your cake? :shrug:

try to use as little as possible! You wont need as much when you are using modelling type fondant.

If you still have some on when you've finished use a really soft paintbrush to brush excess off.

Best way to use it, is to put some in some muslin fabric (or tights fabric) tie it with an elastic band and just dab it onto your work surface :thumbup:

Mmmm day off with cake making for me today!! Have to do some birthday cupcakes tomorrow though ready for Monday.

I want to make some today but i CBA

Right girlies i need your help
I wanted to make mars bar cupcakes today...is this recipe ok...(although i have just realised i havent got and golden syrup think i have maple though lol)
• 100g butter, chopped
• 100g white chocolate chips
• 100g muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar)
• 90ml hot water
• 1 teaspoon golden syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 eggs at room temperature
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 Mars Bars chopped into 9 pieces

Is that ok?
x

right i have them in the oven.....i did go wrong though. i melted mars bar in the mix instead of putting chuncks in the baking cases...we shall see.
Right vanilla or cappucino ones next?
xx

mmm your recipe sounds yummy...i think i might try some half-arsed mars bar cupcakes later - lol just choc cake with a bit of mars in them as iv got a few uneaten mars bars lieing around..
Im also thinkingof doing some vanilla cupcakes with strawberry and cream cheese frosting so if i do get round to it i shall post.
Thanks for the advice on pronunciation lol, sorry to ask such a stupid question :haha:
I went to the shop today and lo and behold the woman didnt understand what u meant (shes from india and has a very thick accent) and so i had to point it out in a cake catalogue lol.
The result is shes ordering some on for me for wednesday :)
She really likes me now though (no suprise really considering the ridiculous amount of money iv spent in her shop :dohh:) and has now taken to rounding the price down the the pound every time i go in.
79p off today :thumbup:
lol great pleasure in minor victories...:haha: xxxxx

Right girlies i need your help
I wanted to make mars bar cupcakes today...is this recipe ok...(although i have just realised i havent got and golden syrup think i have maple though lol)
• 100g butter, chopped
• 100g white chocolate chips
• 100g muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar)
• 90ml hot water
• 1 teaspoon golden syrup
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 eggs at room temperature
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 Mars Bars chopped into 9 pieces

Is that ok?
x

added this to first post along with a few others:thumbup:

Andrea (or anybody) can I bake cake and jam and buttercream it tonight and then ice/decorate tomorrow or am I best icing it tonight?

If you made the cake this evening i would both buttercream and ice it in the morning and put the sponge in the fridge, or even better freezer overnight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->