Cake Making & Baking Group

has anyone ever used a bowl as a cake pan? I want to make a golf ball cake for my dad for fathers day but really don't want to pay $20 for a pan I'll only use once or twice.
Thanks!!

Never done it myself, but did see it on tv the other day, it was just pretty much the same, just make sure you grease it well xxx

lakeland sell some FAB stuff called cake release-its about £3 for a bottle but it works wonders getting stuff out of pans if you struggle!! I made my OH a train cake for his birthday, it had an engine and 11 carriages and they ALL came out of the pan absolutly perfectly-not missing anything with this stuff!!!

You only need to use a teeny weeny bit too. xx

yeah, i sometimes use glass pyrex bowls.......i grease it all with trex (veg fat) then sprinkle the whole inside with flour before putting the mixture in!

just make sure you tip the cake out when its still fairly warm coz the trex will have melted making it easier to slide out xx

lakeland sell some FAB stuff called cake release-its about £3 for a bottle but it works wonders getting stuff out of pans if you struggle!! I made my OH a train cake for his birthday, it had an engine and 11 carriages and they ALL came out of the pan absolutly perfectly-not missing anything with this stuff!!!

You only need to use a teeny weeny bit too. xx

I have some of this stuff in preperation for making Daisys birthday cake! I want it to be perfect!

When cooking in a glass bowl do I need to change the temperature or cooking time? Or just cook like a normal cake?

just cook it like normal till its done all the way through. make sure its an oven safe one though like pyrex! xx

Just wanted to share-Iv got the scrummiest-looking cake EVER in the oven right now. . .its a choclate cake and will have chocolate ganache icing on it :cloud9:

Will post a pic when its done. . .so far so good!!! :happydance:

For LO first birthday ,I am thinking of doing elmo and have looked on the net, anyone done it before? any other great ideas and websites welcome please!!!!!

Wilton make elmo cake pans, that come complete with icing instructions, perfect for the complete beginner :D In fact they do a full Elmo range from what I remember, cupcake cases and everything

You can pick them up on ebay for a relatively low price which is always good, I'm sure someone would ship to the middle east for you!

Here is a picture of the cupcakes I made last night!

https://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn329/stephenandsarahwedding/cupcakes.jpg

Thanks for looking!

WOW Sarah they look absolutely fab. YUMMY!! Love the blue ones

oooo I love baking cakes. Wish I'd found this the other day I made DH a birthday cake but didn't take a pic. I'm making mini christmas cakes this year and giving them as presents with my homemade jam, pickle, buscuits and jelly

Where are you all my lovely cake bakers?!

Not had much movement in here lately! I am looking for the perfect sponge recipe for Daisy's birthday cake, it has been so long since I have baked a large cake and could really do with some advice on how to get that amazing fluffy sponge!

Cupcakes, i can do them no problem!

I am just wanting a plain sponge and will be sandwiching it with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam.

I am so excited about this cake, I have already started ordering all the little cutters and special food colourings I am going to need!

I have also asked OH for a professional set of icing nozzles for my birthday, as I have been getting alot of requests for cupcakes, so I am going to get a bit more adventurous with them!

Hi Guys!!

Love this thread all your cakes look YUMMY!!!

I started making cakes because i was looking for some normal cake tins and come across a lady who was emigrating and was selling all her cake stuff so i thought "why not", i just started experimenting looking at pictures etc.

i still havent been to classes, i would love to go to some!

i am just about to start alex christening cake, here are some of my pics most of the must be on big computer (me on laptop).

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/2008_0808Leanne0022.jpg
OH dad's 80th birthday

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/2008_0811Nics0005.jpg
Sisters 21st birthday

https://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww275/rainbowprincess83_2009/2008_0808Leanne0028.jpg
Nephews 5th Birthday

wow those look fantastic!! What is that on the cakes? Fondant, or just smooth buttercream?

hello...havnt been here in a while!! i also havnt made any cakes since the wedding one...they r just too heavy to lift so sorry i havnt got any pics to show u!! just old ones!

cakes are great girls xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"